Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missile
    • By missile 23rd Jun 11, 9:27 PM
    • 9,020Posts
    • 4,387Thanks
    missile
    Smiley Hippo photobook cheap but not cheerful
    • 23rd Jun 11, 9:27 PM
    Smiley Hippo photobook cheap but not cheerful 23rd Jun 11 at 9:27 PM
    I ordered a photobook and my order was acknowledged and credit card debited. Two weeks later I get an e mail telling me I had not uploaded any files so they could not process my order.

This makes no sense. To order, you first have to download their software and compile a book then send it. You cannot make an order without submitting a photobook file. Seems like these clowns have lost / mislaid / corrupted my photo files.

What a crock of horse manure. I shall have to do a charge back on my CC.

I would advise you not to make the same mistake and use one of the other more reliable photobook suppliers, e.g.> http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/PhotoBookOverview.jsp?utm_src=10006_|photo_books_h |photobook|photobook
    Last edited by missile; 27-06-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
Page 3
    • missile
    • By missile 18th Sep 16, 7:08 AM
    • 9,020 Posts
    • 4,387 Thanks
    missile
    Another first time poster, resurrecting this old thread to make a recommendation.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
    • guv69
    • By guv69 2nd Oct 17, 5:13 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    guv69
    Wow. I just telephoned this company because I couldn't believe how poor their software was. I can see why they call themselves smiley hippo. The software reminded me of rainbow!

Anyway, I called because I wanted to use page layouts. Apparently everyone is expected to make their own! WTF! If youve ever done bit of DIY photobooks, you will know your eye will see any imbalance very easily. So thats not a proper solution and smacks of incompetance releasing software thats so poor.

So I thought Id google. Funnily, I looked on trust pilot where the very obvious employee posts stand out like a sorely thumb...... just like they do in this thread. Amazing how many different new members have joined to say they are wonderful. Sorry, but the software and templates provided would never get anyone applauding it.

And to top it off, they charge a bomb for postage.

Support is also pathetic as I just found out.

Knowing what I do now, I wouldnt use them if they were giving them free.

Sorry for the bump! Had to be done though!
    Last edited by guv69; 02-10-2017 at 7:22 PM.
    • missile
    • By missile 2nd Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 9,020 Posts
    • 4,387 Thanks
    missile
    They were a new company when I first posted with my concerns. I am surprised that they still haven't improved and amazed that they are still trading.
    Ride hard or stay home
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 2nd Oct 17, 6:03 PM
    • 2,213 Posts
    • 1,126 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Funnily, I looked on trust pilot where the very obvious employee posts stand out like a saw thumb...... just like they do in this thread.
    Originally posted by guv69
    Paper cut presumably!!! I hope you mean sore!
    • guv69
    • By guv69 2nd Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    guv69
    They were a new company when I first posted with my concerns. I am surprised that they still haven't improved and amazed that they are still trading.
    Originally posted by missile
    Cant comment on what they were like, but if they were even worst, I'm surprised they even existed!

Paper cut presumably!!! I hope you mean sore!
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    I sea wat u did thar.
    • bargain_babs
    • By bargain_babs 31st Oct 17, 5:51 PM
    • 1,894 Posts
    • 15,252 Thanks
    bargain_babs
    just used smiley hippo with a deal - very pleased with results so ordered another one ............. a couple of issues with backgrounds (not sure if it was my fault or theirs) but very good customer service (Mark - full marks!) and a code to redo the album - all good no complaints
    • SkippySue
    • By SkippySue 27th Nov 17, 9:37 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SkippySue
    Much better than people say - unfair judgements
    I created a photo book of 106 pages two weeks ago and it has arrived. It is 106 pages, of good quality and I am pleased with it. I used a voucher so it cost £15 plus £7.95 postage - well wrapped and heavy so not bad. I had to download software to my computer in order to make the book. The software was easy to follow with different backgrounds and masks. When I had finished, I uploaded the book to their site and could preview it. Had trouble using the voucher but that was my fault as missed the button saying “redeem”; that meant that when I went to Paypal it wanted to charge the full amount - £97 plus postage. Phoned and left a message but then saw my mistake; sorted and sent the order off. Next morning, the company phoned to see what my problem was, the advisor was very polite and glad that I had sorted the matter already. Had communications to say that the order had arrived, was completed, despatched and was given a tracking link. This was almost impossible to use - 67 pages of terms and conditions! Wanted to change the delivery as would be away but could not log onto delivery company. Parcel arrived and left in a safe place. Parcel safe when we returned home. Would use this company again but only with a voucher as full price a bit much.
    • SkippySue
    • By SkippySue 27th Nov 17, 9:41 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SkippySue
    Page layouts
    Canít understand the comments about page layouts - there are some, not as many as I would like, but about 10 and easy to use or adapt
    • missile
    • By missile 27th Nov 17, 9:53 AM
    • 9,020 Posts
    • 4,387 Thanks
    missile
    ... very obvious employee posts stand out like a sorely thumb...... just like they do in this thread. Amazing how many different new members have joined to say they are wonderful.....!
    Originally posted by guv69
    If it walks like a duck and quacks
    Ride hard or stay home
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

87Posts Today

3,068Users online

Martin's Twitter