IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Sucret 'Slim
Closed Thread
Views: 12,065
# 1
joewa
Old 17-06-2011, 8:08 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Sucret 'Slim

Hi,has anyone tried the above sweeteners to help weight loss.and what did you think of them
# 2
chocky102
Old 19-06-2011, 2:58 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Sucret Slim

Hi, I have seen this too. I am unable to find any website for this product. There is no address on the literature. The only number on it is a freephone, non-geographical number. I rang the freephone number and pretended I wanted my money back. There was no number for me to call. They said I had to return product to invoice address. There seemed to be no customer service number. Only the freephone sales number. I never trust a company with no customer service number.

Also, the doctors on the leaflets look more like models to me.

The leaflet also states that it is guaranteed in 99.8% of cases. This was based on a group which had been tested (the amount of people in the group was not mentioned). Yet the entire group, THEY CLAIMED, lost weight. That should make it 100% guaranteed. So I can't trust their statistics either. In addition, they state that this was 'MEDICAL proof'. Yet the small print states that this information is from an 'internal' document. (I assume that this is not a MEDICAL journal or document.)

In addition, if celebrities use it, why didn't they get permission from the stars to use their names in their advertising as proof that the product works. Again, I find this makes it hard to trust what the leaflet is claiming about the product.

It's also bound to help you lose SOME wieght if it is used as a sweetener to replace sugar. A normal sweetener would be alot cheaper. Weaning away from sugar and sweeteners altogether would be better still. And free!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocky102 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
jenniewb
Old 20-06-2011, 2:11 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocky102 View Post
Hi, I have seen this too. I am unable to find any website for this product. There is no address on the literature. The only number on it is a freephone, non-geographical number. I rang the freephone number and pretended I wanted my money back. There was no number for me to call. They said I had to return product to invoice address. There seemed to be no customer service number. Only the freephone sales number. I never trust a company with no customer service number.

Also, the doctors on the leaflets look more like models to me.

The leaflet also states that it is guaranteed in 99.8% of cases. This was based on a group which had been tested (the amount of people in the group was not mentioned). Yet the entire group, THEY CLAIMED, lost weight. That should make it 100% guaranteed. So I can't trust their statistics either. In addition, they state that this was 'MEDICAL proof'. Yet the small print states that this information is from an 'internal' document. (I assume that this is not a MEDICAL journal or document.)

In addition, if celebrities use it, why didn't they get permission from the stars to use their names in their advertising as proof that the product works. Again, I find this makes it hard to trust what the leaflet is claiming about the product.

It's also bound to help you lose SOME wieght if it is used as a sweetener to replace sugar. A normal sweetener would be alot cheaper. Weaning away from sugar and sweeteners altogether would be better still. And free!!
Well said!

There is no secret to weight loss, its simply fewer calories going in then coming out. Increase what you do/how much you move each day, consume fewer calories each day, in time you will lose weight.

If it helps you to stick to a lower calorie diet by all means add in sweeteners but for most, our bodies learn the subtle taste difference in sweeteners- even on such a level that goes beyond our taste buds! The result is that we crave even more food and feel more unsatisfied when eating foods sweetened with sweeteners.

But, its up to you to make your own mind up, this is just my opinion an experience and no doubt others will have their own points of view and experiences too.
# 4
joewa
Old 20-06-2011, 3:01 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Cheers Guys, wont be touching it with a bardge pole
# 5
Sucret Sue
Old 26-10-2011, 11:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Call me daft, stupid, niaive, old enough to know better or all of the above! I had the same letter and I've bought some Sucret slim to try. Delivery took 5-6 days. They are little brown beads that disolve in liquid. There's no additional instructions with the product.
I will weigh tomorrow and keep this site up to date with any progress (got to think positively).
You know what they say mind, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. This doesn't sound too good to be true it sounds impossible! 30lbs in 10days? Thats 3lb/day and 1lb every 8 hours. If this works it will really make a huge difference to me. I have about 2-3 stone to lose and have tried everything else. I would have settled for a guaranteed 10 lbs in 30 days!
Guess that's how they make their money, preying on vulnerable people who, like me, should know better. If you are thinking of buying this product, hold tight for 10 days while I find out how things go and I will keep you posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sucret Sue For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
murphydog999
Old 27-10-2011, 9:50 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Even with the calorific value of sugar it is better to use it than sweeteners. They are purely harmful chemicals, and as Jennywb has already said, the body doesn't recognise them as food, so it craves for more.

The only one had has some scientific proof is 'Stevia' because it's plant based, however the best plan is still to cut down - pref. use unrefined sugar. This also includes limiting, or pref. stopping, fizzy drinks, cordials and squashes.

Last edited by murphydog999; 27-10-2011 at 9:52 AM.
# 7
darlyd
Old 27-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I much prefer REAL sugar to sweetners. What with all that aspartame ewe.. No Thank You !!

Look at slim fast they are full of sugar? People still lose weight.
Hi, weve had to remove your signature. If youre not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if youre still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
# 8
Sucret Sue
Old 27-10-2011, 11:17 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I know its not scientific, I have a biochemistry degree - which makes what I'm doing even more ironic so I've got to get something out of it which will be sharing my experience with as many people as possible to stop others falling for the scam, if it is one.

So I have weighed in at 11st 11lb on Thurs 27th Oct
Losing 30lb in 10 days will make me 9st 9lb by Sunday 6th Nov. Yeah right!!!!
# 9
Sucret Sue
Old 28-10-2011, 9:28 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Fri Oct 28th

11st 10lbs (-1)

So by Sucret Slim's claims I am already playing 2lb catch up

I can see a nasty refund arguement in 10 days time.
I didn't eat badly either yesterday, although there is no advice on eating and exercise. Apparently you can eat as you wish.
I had:
normal fruit yoghurt, soup and bread and butter, 125g rice pudding, apple, small portion of chili cc with rice and copious amounts of water to flush the sweetness out.
I also had an annoying fuzzy head all day!
No head ache this morning so lets see how it goes.
Echinacea and rasberry tea awaits with the sweetness of Sucret slim!
# 10
ruthmolly0
Old 31-10-2011, 4:55 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

hi sucret sue just wondered how much did they charge u for the sucret pills and do u see an weight loss yet
# 11
Slinky_Malinky
Old 31-10-2011, 9:23 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Never heard of this product, but I really do not see how the body could drop that much weight in such a short time. Not even head to toe liposuction would get rid of that much fat!
# 12
RubyYou
Old 11-11-2011, 1:29 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Sucret slim?????

Hi sue
Plz plz plz cud u post an update

Thanks ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucret Sue View Post
Fri Oct 28th

11st 10lbs (-1)

So by Sucret Slim's claims I am already playing 2lb catch up

I can see a nasty refund arguement in 10 days time.
I didn't eat badly either yesterday, although there is no advice on eating and exercise. Apparently you can eat as you wish.
I had:
normal fruit yoghurt, soup and bread and butter, 125g rice pudding, apple, small portion of chili cc with rice and copious amounts of water to flush the sweetness out.
I also had an annoying fuzzy head all day!
No head ache this morning so lets see how it goes.
Echinacea and rasberry tea awaits with the sweetness of Sucret slim!
# 13
Skibeaky
Old 13-11-2011, 6:56 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Sucret slim - don't bother

Hi,
Like Sucret Sue, against my better judgement I also decided to give them a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained (or lost, in this case).
My invoice shows a customer number and a return address, which is reassuring having read chocky's comments.

They do make your drinks very sweet and the little brown balls are easy to take.
I had no problems with headaches or light headedness, nor was I tired.
They DID seem to suppress my appetite somewhat, but my problem is constant nibbling rather than eating too much.

But sad to say I completed the 10 day course with no weight loss. in fact I lost more weight during a stressful week at work.

Have just written off for my refund - will keep you posted!

PS Look into HYPOXI if you want to lose weight - pricey, but better than liposuction and it worked for me until I was laid up with too many nibbling opportunities!

Last edited by Skibeaky; 13-11-2011 at 7:03 PM. Reason: Adding more information.
# 14
Artymesia
Old 18-01-2012, 2:22 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Sucret Sue

Congratulations and Thank you to Sue for not minding being embarassed and preventing others from wasting money on what appears to be a scam ! These are the sort of quasi medical treatments that should be banned and fined not well known ancient herbal remedies that the EC has ruled.

Last edited by Artymesia; 18-01-2012 at 2:24 PM. Reason: spelling error
# 15
suemjones
Old 22-01-2012, 1:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just read your post... did it work? I'd be very interested to know..
Regards
# 16
Skibeaky
Old 28-02-2012, 7:24 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Well at least I got a refund...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibeaky View Post
Hi,
Like Sucret Sue, against my better judgement I also decided to give them a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained (or lost, in this case).
My invoice shows a customer number and a return address, which is reassuring having read chocky's comments.

They do make your drinks very sweet and the little brown balls are easy to take.
I had no problems with headaches or light headedness, nor was I tired.
They DID seem to suppress my appetite somewhat, but my problem is constant nibbling rather than eating too much.

But sad to say I completed the 10 day course with no weight loss. in fact I lost more weight during a stressful week at work.

Have just written off for my refund - will keep you posted!
Me again - yes I did get a refund but BE WARNED - they ask you to return EVERYTHING (obviously in the fond hope that you used the free gift and threw out the envelope & leaflets - luckily I did keep them) and suggest you use secure postage so you do need to pay for that bit. Still, a couple of quid on postage to get 45 refund is not too dusty...
I would much have preferred the product to work though!
# 17
daveontro
Old 02-05-2012, 6:51 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up ripoff diet

Thank you one and all for using this forum, cos it stopped me from sending off for this deal. As the saying goes if it look's too good to be true then it probably is
# 18
Aussie Dick
Old 20-07-2012, 5:15 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Aussie Dick

Just found your forum and thiught it wothwhile to advise that it has arrived in Australia. Being suspicious when my wife asked if I thought it real I googled it and came up with your forum. Thanks we will not be sucked in
# 19
NaniJo
Old 20-07-2012, 10:06 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi everyone, I was seriously going to send away for this product tomorrow but thanks one and all for all the post and making it easy to find this forum. I won't be sucked in now. CHEERS!!
Closed Thread