Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    savcab
    ppi payment care abbey national mis sold
    • 14th Jun 11, 9:54 PM
    ppi payment care abbey national mis sold 14th Jun 11 at 9:54 PM
    hi can someone advise on the following.

we took out a mortgage in feb 2003 and ended a 5 year capped rate in august 2007 which we had to pay an early redemption fee. we took abbeys house insurance and payment care out at the time as we were "advised" they would be beneficial by the abbey representative. We also had a term assurance and critical illness policy which ran with scottish widows for that term.

Now i was self employed at the time and employed as a company director of a limited company from 2005 through the end of the term and still am today.

What im really asking is do i have a case for being miss sold as i dont believe we could have claimed on the policy. all the above were joint policies.ive checked the advice on here and have filled in the questionaire and am just seeking some reassurance.

Please help.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

315Posts Today

1,392Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Disgraceful upsell on "The Bank" on BBC2. Young woman goes in for £1,500 loan gets sold £3,000 more. A BANK'S JOB IS TO SELL NOT ADVISE!

• Facebook's the new eBay - 27 tricks on flogging stuff for FREE... http://t.co/E9jppI9cn2

• How many times have you (or your household) switched energy provider in the last 5 years? PLEASE VOTE... http://t.co/UIUfLij3Zl

• Follow Martin