Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    • 8,325Posts
    • 20,421Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Quidco Question and Answers
    • 8th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    0 WOW
    Quidco Question and Answers 8th Jun 11 at 11:14 AM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone.

We're very aware from past discussion threads that issues surrounding the collapse of the DGM affiliate network and the non-payment of cashback is still an issue that people feel needs discussion. We're entirely happy for people to discuss it on this separate DGM discussion thread so that it doesn't prevent other forum users getting the answers they need to their other queries. In the past this has often clogged up other threads with pages of posts and has disrupted the question and answer format for other users.

So we're going to start things from scratch, with a clean slate, with two separate discussion threads, one for DGM discussion, one for cashback questions for Quidco (this one).

Please remember though, libellous posts including any implication of fraud, lying, cheating aren't tolerated on this forum. Where they're reported to us they'll be removed and we will stop user accounts that keep pushing acceptable boundaries as we are liable.

Again, any posts made about DGM on this or other threads will be removed when reported and if persistent will result in further action on that user account.

Please also remember to keep on topic. This is for people to ask about Quidco. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please help us with this.

Finally a reminder that MSE has no special relationship with Quidco. It's included in our Cashback Sites guide along with other cashback sites so we take comments to the contrary very seriously.

Thanks
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:52 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 166
    • Ant_j
    • By Ant_j 27th Mar 17, 3:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ant_j
    Quidco virgin media question (or information)?
    Good afternoon all.
    I hope I'm using the forum correctly.
    This is mainly a question to anyone familiar or who has fulfilled... Anyway.
    Via quidco there is currently a good cash back deal with VM. I was looking on VM website at the full house with movies package. Basically free sky movies for the case of full house basic package.
    Quidco state cashback available on the full house. So I just though on full house, click personalise, add movies. Monthly cost remains same, package is then call full house with movies.
    Would quidco still pay cash back on this package?
    Anyone done it?
    Ta in advance
  • quidco Company Representative
    Good afternoon all.
    I hope I'm using the forum correctly.
    This is mainly a question to anyone familiar or who has fulfilled... Anyway.
    Via quidco there is currently a good cash back deal with VM. I was looking on VM website at the full house with movies package. Basically free sky movies for the case of full house basic package.
    Quidco state cashback available on the full house. So I just though on full house, click personalise, add movies. Monthly cost remains same, package is then call full house with movies.
    Would quidco still pay cash back on this package?
    Anyone done it?
    Ta in advance
    Originally posted by Ant_j
    Hi @Ant_j,

Thanks for you for your post.

You should still be eligible for that cashback rate, even if you add Sky Movies.

If you encounter any issues with that, do get in touch with our customer support and they will be able to answer any questions you have.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Quidco Company Representative
    Last edited by quidco Company Representative; 28-03-2017 at 2:54 PM.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    • Ant_j
    • By Ant_j 28th Mar 17, 7:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ant_j
    Thanks for the reply Joseph.
    It's the should bot that concerns me. If I do purchase and it isnt honored it's then far too late. Someone between Quidco and Vm team must conclusively know,surely? Thank you for replying
    • Repeat3Times
    • By Repeat3Times 29th Mar 17, 1:19 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Repeat3Times
    My apologies if this is an issue that has been raised many times previously; I've had a brief look at the last few thread pages and haven't notice anything relevant.

It's something we've had to put up with for a while, but I've just had a particularly egregious experience of bait-and-switch when looking for contents insurance. Just the 50% increase from the comparison site's quotation to that offered by the retailer when I went to buy the policy...they're not even trying to hide it with minimal differences any more.

Can a Quidco rep explain why this happens, why it is allowed to happen and what, if anything, they might be able to do to stop insurance providers exploiting the site and its users in such a way?
    @Repeat3Times

Hey,

I am very sorry for any frustration that this has caused you. Unfortunately when using a comparison service insurance providers are likely to a percentage increase to the quote due to the commission they will need to pay.

There is not much that we can do about this as we don't have any influences over our merchants we simply promote what offers they have on our site and these offers are ultimately determined by them.

However if you find policy that you are interested in you should never have this issue if you buy the policy directly from them. Just go to the providers page on Quidco and click through to their site and buy the policy as you always would. This is essentially the same as buying it directly from them and they'll still give us a referral commission for the sale which will be passed to you.

Kind Regards,

James
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    • zorber
    • By zorber 29th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    • 1,035 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    zorber
    Hi @zorber,

I am sorry to see that your have had this issue with the cashbacks tracking lower.

We will always make sure members are informed of lower tracking on a retailer's terms & conditions on their Quidco page so that members expect a lower amount when their cashbacks track in.

The reason for this is due to the way that a select number of retailers track their cashbacks. They'll always track at base rate and update to the correct amount once confirmed.

As with any matters handled with technology, this may not happen all the time which is why we will raise a claim whenever that happens... or raise any particular concerns with a retailer should we notice that a significant amount are not uplifting to the correct amount.

The majority of retailers on our site will track at the correct amount however, and the number of retailer that track lower are in a minority. If a cashback tracks at the wrong rate for a retailer that should track correctly; then we we are happy to chase the missing amount for you via the claims process.

For any claims you raised; definitely use the codes provided by the retailer as they will be the correct reference numbers given that all orders are handled by the retailer, rather than us.

Usually to see which claim needs raising form a large number of purchases, I'd advise checking the purchase amounts and purchase dates of the cashbacks that have already tracked to try and deduce which cashback is missing.

As regards your Avis matter: Do let us via the support ticket sytem, so we can take a further look at that for you. Retailers will not accept claims 7 weeks from the purchase date.

We do make this clear in our help pages as we want to prevent disappointment for our customers.

However, if your hire end date is within 7 week, do let us know as we can raise that for you no problem.

We are aware of the Microsoft Xbox One S deal - We are ware of that issues and are looking to get that sorted very soon across the board for all customers affected.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Originally posted by quidco Company Representative
    Thanks the microsoft deal has now been resolved.

With the car hire i dont pick up the car till next thursday and it has been booked for 3 months.
    07 Dec 16 Avis £21.34 £1.92 Tracked
    07 Dec 16 Avis £601.80 £0.00 Tracked

As you can see 2 transaction appear! i can only query the £21.34 transaction but i cant as its been more than 7 weeks.
    The correct transaction value is the £601

Will this update to the 11% offer it showed on the day or should i cancel. Yes i would get hit with a cancellation fee but with the cashback worth £66 and the car dropping by £25 it may be worth it.
    However if the cashback will update to the correct value after the hire, i will leave it be!.
    Can you advise?
    thanks
    "Save the cheerleader - Save the world"
    • Repeat3Times
    • By Repeat3Times 29th Mar 17, 11:26 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Repeat3Times
    @Repeat3Times

Hey,

I am very sorry for any frustration that this has caused you. Unfortunately when using a comparison service insurance providers are likely to a percentage increase to the quote due to the commission they will need to pay.

There is not much that we can do about this as we don't have any influences over our merchants we simply promote what offers they have on our site and these offers are ultimately determined by them.

However if you find policy that you are interested in you should never have this issue if you buy the policy directly from them. Just go to the providers page on Quidco and click through to their site and buy the policy as you always would. This is essentially the same as buying it directly from them and they'll still give us a referral commission for the sale which will be passed to you.

Kind Regards,

James

James,

The steps you advise are the very same as those I've always practiced when at the point of buying; clearing all cookies from the browser history, going to Quidco then clicking through to the retailer to buy the product or policy. Is not this the only way the cashback process will work for anyone? Or are you simply suggesting foregoing any use of a comparison website so as to not be aware of what's being offered outside Quidco, i.e. ignorance is bliss?

I understand that you have little power or incentive to combat your site being used by retailers in this way. However, given that there is always the possibility of cashback not being honoured, in this example a 50% price increase for Quidco customers, for the exact same product, seems more than a little grubby and not worth the risk (the irony!).

Thanks for your speedy reply nonetheless.
    @Repeat3Times

Hey,

I am sorry that I can't really help you further with this.

Some comparison sites will have some offers that we will not be able to match so if you find an offer on a comparison site that is cheaper than going with them directly (even when you consider the cashback) then you should of course go with the cheaper option.

We work hard to try and get the best offers for all of our members so it's always best to check us first for any purchase that you make. I am however sorry that we can not offer you anything better on this occasion.

Kind Regards,

James
    • x-caitlin-x
    • By x-caitlin-x 4th Apr 17, 10:29 AM
    • 191 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    x-caitlin-x
    I'm having real trouble getting my cashback from Quidco, and I don't understand what's causing the delays. I realise the Quidco has to wait for the retailer to sort things out, but surely there's a process in place where Quidco starts chasing the retailer? This is really getting quite poor now!

I currently have £4.51 in cashback outstanding from purchases that I made in early November, with 5 different retailers. Each one gave me an estimated date for cashback around January, and now they all just say 'The retailer is taking longer than expected to process your transaction. We apologise for the delay.' I have another £9.51 in 'highest cashback' claims that is attached to these purchases, which won't be paid until the actual cashback is paid out.

I know it seems petty to get upset over such a small amount, but it's just really frustrating that I'm getting no updates, and have no idea if or when this is going to be resolved.

I also have a £0.31 highest cashback claim outstanding which says 'Your cashback will be available for payment when your purchase reaches confirmed status.' This purchase has been confirmed and I've received the main cashback, so wondering when this will get paid as well!

I appreciate there's probably not much the Quidco rep can do, but if there is something, would you get back to me? Feeling so frustrated with the whole process!
    • ex-homelessdude2
    • By ex-homelessdude2 5th Apr 17, 1:28 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    ex-homelessdude2
    my tickets and replies have been deleted by quidco saying you would pay me my £10 bonus if it didnt automatically get added.

can you tell me why?
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 12th Apr 17, 6:30 PM
    • 7,438 Posts
    • 9,605 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Was wondering when last payment was received from RAC Breakdown and what period did that payment cover please?

08 Dec 16RAC UK Breakdown Cover £114.99 £66.00 Tracked
    • peteduk
    • By peteduk 17th Apr 17, 12:05 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    peteduk
    Partly paid Thomson cashback claim
    Hello,
    I have had cashback from Thomson for a holiday partly paid. I also have a 'screen dump' trail of the purchase (which Quidco have shown no interest in).
    The fact that Thomson made a partial payment suggests that there is an error in the payment value between the 2 companies - not my purchase.
    My last action was to contact Thomson directly in February but have had no reply.
    Has anyone had success with appealing to the Financial Ombudsman or other body re: cashback?
    If not I intend to follow up anyway.

To James, Quidco rep: I would be happy if you could resolve without the extra hassle. Please advise. Thank you.
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 18th Apr 17, 12:52 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 22,974 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Please be assured that the Clicksnap issue will be resolved soon, however I am very sorry for any frustration that this is causing you in the meantime.

It sounds like we need have a look in your account to check your energy cashback and get your receipts processed. Can you send your queries over to members@quidco.com and put FOA James in the subject line and I'll gladly look into these issues for you.

Kind Regards,

James

as my support inbox is now empty i assume because of the tech changes does this mean i have to start my claim again.its a month since i put my claim in and heard nothing.the fact this is a claim for quidco payment is beyond belief.
    I'm having real trouble getting my cashback from Quidco, and I don't understand what's causing the delays. I realise the Quidco has to wait for the retailer to sort things out, but surely there's a process in place where Quidco starts chasing the retailer? This is really getting quite poor now!

I currently have £4.51 in cashback outstanding from purchases that I made in early November, with 5 different retailers. Each one gave me an estimated date for cashback around January, and now they all just say 'The retailer is taking longer than expected to process your transaction. We apologise for the delay.' I have another £9.51 in 'highest cashback' claims that is attached to these purchases, which won't be paid until the actual cashback is paid out.

I know it seems petty to get upset over such a small amount, but it's just really frustrating that I'm getting no updates, and have no idea if or when this is going to be resolved.

I also have a £0.31 highest cashback claim outstanding which says 'Your cashback will be available for payment when your purchase reaches confirmed status.' This purchase has been confirmed and I've received the main cashback, so wondering when this will get paid as well!

I appreciate there's probably not much the Quidco rep can do, but if there is something, would you get back to me? Feeling so frustrated with the whole process!
    Originally posted by x-caitlin-x
    Hey @x-caitlin-x

Apologies for the disappointment caused Caitlin.

Estimate payment dates are worked out by looking at how quickly a retailer has been paying us over a 12 month period.

Our goal is to manage your expectations by providing as accurate a date as we can. However, as this is only an estimate, it is subject to change.

If the estimated date has already passed, we will already be working to make sure that we can get the amounts sorted as soon as we can especially because we hate delays too.

Nevertheless, allow me to look into your account... Are you able to get in touch with us via one of our Social Media channels, either Twitter or Facebook with the subject line 'Caitlin MSE'

This will allow us to locate your account and look at your cashbacks.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Last edited by quidco Company Representative; 18-04-2017 at 2:58 PM. Reason: Added additional text
    my tickets and replies have been deleted by quidco saying you would pay me my £10 bonus if it didnt automatically get added.

can you tell me why?
    Originally posted by ex-homelessdude2
    Hey @ex-homelessdude2

Apologies for the frustration caused.

We are aware of that matter and that is due to our migration over to a new 'behind the scenes' messaging system.

Our tech team are looking into that right now, and should have a resolution to that soon.

Could get in touch with us via one of our Social Media channels, either Twitter or Facebook with the subject line 'ex-homelessdude2' and we will look into that bonus for you asap.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Was wondering when last payment was received from RAC Breakdown and what period did that payment cover please?

08 Dec 16RAC UK Breakdown Cover £114.99 £66.00 Tracked
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan

Hey @bristolleedsfan

Allow us to look into that for you.

Could get in touch with us via one of our Social Media channels, either Twitter or Facebook with the subject line 'bristolleedsfan MSE' and we will look into that for you.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Hello,
    I have had cashback from Thomson for a holiday partly paid. I also have a 'screen dump' trail of the purchase (which Quidco have shown no interest in).
    The fact that Thomson made a partial payment suggests that there is an error in the payment value between the 2 companies - not my purchase.
    My last action was to contact Thomson directly in February but have had no reply.
    Has anyone had success with appealing to the Financial Ombudsman or other body re: cashback?
    If not I intend to follow up anyway.

To James, Quidco rep: I would be happy if you could resolve without the extra hassle. Please advise. Thank you.
    Originally posted by peteduk

Hey @peteduk,

I would need to take a closer look at that particular cashback in your account.

Are you able to you able to get in touch with us via one of Social Media accounts on Twitter or Facebook with a message containing your email address and the subject line: 'MSE peteduk'.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    as my support inbox is now empty i assume because of the tech changes does this mean i have to start my claim again.its a month since i put my claim in and heard nothing.the fact this is a claim for quidco payment is beyond belief.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Hey bargainqueen8,

Do not worry as the current support box issue does not mean that you will need start any of your claims again.

All cashbacks will still be processing okay despite the empty support inbox (... a technical bug that should have a resolution very soon).

I can also have the claim in question looked into for you. Do not hesitate to get in touch with via our social media channels; Twitter or Facebook.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 18th Apr 17, 4:41 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 22,974 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Hey bargainqueen8,

Do not worry as the current support box issue does not mean that you will need start any of your claims again.

All cashbacks will still be processing okay despite the empty support inbox (... a technical bug that should have a resolution very soon).

I can also have the claim in question looked into for you. Do not hesitate to get in touch with via our social media channels; Twitter or Facebook.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

i used the quidco energy switch in october and i`m still waiting for the cashback.i put a claim in a month ago but still no payment.i`m getting to the stage of putting it down to experience and just using other cashback sites now,as this was a simple cashback that is coming from quidco not another company.
    • peteduk
    • By peteduk 18th Apr 17, 11:34 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    peteduk
    Re: Partly paid Thomson cashback claim
    Hey @peteduk,

I would need to take a closer look at that particular cashback in your account.

Are you able to you able to get in touch with us via one of Social Media accounts on Twitter or Facebook with a message containing your email address and the subject line: 'MSE peteduk'.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Hello Joseph,
    Thanks for replying.
    Unfortunately I don't use Twitter or Facebook.

Is there any other way I can get you the details?
    Eg I believe some sites have a "Private Message" facility, does MSE? Or I could send you an email directly perhaps.
    Alternatively I could add to my support ticket on the Quidco site if that helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

790Posts Today

6,804Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin