Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    • 7,843Posts
    • 19,655Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Quidco Question and Answers
    • 8th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    0 WOW
    Quidco Question and Answers 8th Jun 11 at 11:14 AM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone.

We're very aware from past discussion threads that issues surrounding the collapse of the DGM affiliate network and the non-payment of cashback is still an issue that people feel needs discussion. We're entirely happy for people to discuss it on this separate DGM discussion thread so that it doesn't prevent other forum users getting the answers they need to their other queries. In the past this has often clogged up other threads with pages of posts and has disrupted the question and answer format for other users.

So we're going to start things from scratch, with a clean slate, with two separate discussion threads, one for DGM discussion, one for cashback questions for Quidco (this one).

Please remember though, libellous posts including any implication of fraud, lying, cheating aren't tolerated on this forum. Where they're reported to us they'll be removed and we will stop user accounts that keep pushing acceptable boundaries as we are liable.

Again, any posts made about DGM on this or other threads will be removed when reported and if persistent will result in further action on that user account.

Please also remember to keep on topic. This is for people to ask about Quidco. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please help us with this.

Finally a reminder that MSE has no special relationship with Quidco. It's included in our Cashback Sites guide along with other cashback sites so we take comments to the contrary very seriously.

Thanks
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:52 AM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 156
    • samkma
    • By samkma 17th Sep 16, 10:18 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    samkma
    Hi @samkma

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a post.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue with your SKY purchase.

According to their Quidco page under the Stats section; SKY will take up to 7 months to process claims from the date that the claim was raised.

However, if the claim has been over 7 months after the claim raised date, I can assure that we will already be working hard to secure the cashback for you.

When an update is received from Sky, you will be the first to know via the notifications on your account.

Don't hesitate to maintain contact our customer support team either via the contact form on the site or via social media (Twitter & Facebook) they will be able to take a more in-depth look at the status of your cashback and notify you of any updates.

Kind Regards,

Quidco Company Representative
    Originally posted by quidco Company Representative
    Hi,
    After this post here, the activity was quickly updated and tracked on my quidco account like a magic after 9 months now its been confirmed to a mere £12 instead of the £85 I was offered, looks like there is a sort of scam here!
    • samkma
    • By samkma 17th Sep 16, 10:41 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    samkma
    I'm running out of patience with Quidco and surprise surprise SKY they say it'll be resolved tomorrow (9th september) if it isn't this will be the 3rd estimated date that would of passed and i think a visit to the courts might be in order enough is enough.
    I'm expecting the same hassle with my SSE claim nearly 2 months and nothing maybe i'll not pay SSE see how they like it.
    Originally posted by legendkiller2k8
    After 9 months of chasing, the SKY (joined on 22/12/2015) cashback has been tracked and paid.... but just £12 instead of £85.

I have contacted SKY directly to know the truth.
    • legendkiller2k8
    • By legendkiller2k8 19th Sep 16, 7:17 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    legendkiller2k8
    After 9 months of chasing, the SKY (joined on 22/12/2015) cashback has been tracked and paid.... but just £12 instead of £85.

I have contacted SKY directly to know the truth.
    Originally posted by samkma
    Quidco are a waste of space quite frankly you pay them a fee each year and get a very poor service in return, in regards to my SKY cashback as i stated on twitter Quidco have 1 week to sort it or court proceedings will begin the same now applies to my sse claim as i'm sick and tired of being messed around.
  • quidco Company Representative
    Hi,
    After this post here, the activity was quickly updated and tracked on my quidco account like a magic after 9 months now its been confirmed to a mere £12 instead of the £85 I was offered, looks like there is a sort of scam here!
    Originally posted by samkma
    Hi @samka

Thanks for your post, no scam involved here, promise!

If your cashback has been confirmed and paid at the incorrect amount you can raise a claim for the missing amount here https://www.quidco.com/new-enquiry/

We'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have had an update to your claim and if there's anything you need in the meantime, the support team will be happy to help however they can.

Kind Regards,

Jack
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    • legendkiller2k8
    • By legendkiller2k8 20th Sep 16, 4:27 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    legendkiller2k8
    Quidcos silence kind of confirms their guilt, the clock is ticking Quidco if my SKY and SSE cashback isn't resolved by Friday 23rd September then court proceedings will begin.
    • murkr
    • By murkr 20th Sep 16, 4:42 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    murkr
    @quidco

I would like to ask as to why you continue on allowing this misrepresentation to continue to happen, shouldn't you be banning plusnet or doing something about it?

I have seen this has been ongoing with various people since May! I have used Quidco for about 3 years now and never have I had an issue like this.

I joined plusnet through Quidco, primarily due to the £110 cashback Quidco was offering, I left sky who offered me £10/m for 12 month broadband contract for this reason!

My cashback was declined without reason, but after speaking to Quidco, I was advised it may be due to them offering £50 cashback on their site. So why do you still have the £110 cashback on your website?

If this is the case, then I should have been taken to a different landing page without the £50 from Plusnet. But instead you continue to allow this to happen.
    I challenged he decline through Quidco but was advised that they have 6 months to reply, and I only have 2 months to claim the cashback with Plusnet. Seems like catch 22.

Is Quidco going to do anything to honour this?
    Quidcos silence kind of confirms their guilt, the clock is ticking Quidco if my SKY and SSE cashback isn't resolved by Friday 23rd September then court proceedings will begin.
    Originally posted by legendkiller2k8
    Hi @legendkiller2k8

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately until we have received payment from retailers we are unable to pass this payment to your Quidco account, I hope you can understand how we are reliant on the retailer else we simply don't have a cashback amount to credit to you.

I apologise for not providing a more positive response here.

Kind Regards,

Jack
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    @quidco

I would like to ask as to why you continue on allowing this misrepresentation to continue to happen, shouldn't you be banning plusnet or doing something about it?

I have seen this has been ongoing with various people since May! I have used Quidco for about 3 years now and never have I had an issue like this.

I joined plusnet through Quidco, primarily due to the £110 cashback Quidco was offering, I left sky who offered me £10/m for 12 month broadband contract for this reason!

My cashback was declined without reason, but after speaking to Quidco, I was advised it may be due to them offering £50 cashback on their site. So why do you still have the £110 cashback on your website?

If this is the case, then I should have been taken to a different landing page without the £50 from Plusnet. But instead you continue to allow this to happen.
    I challenged he decline through Quidco but was advised that they have 6 months to reply, and I only have 2 months to claim the cashback with Plusnet. Seems like catch 22.

Is Quidco going to do anything to honour this?
    Originally posted by murkr
    Hi @murkr

Thanks for your post.

We state on every Quidco page that cashback cannot be awarded where another offer has been applied to the purchase:

Cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as staff or student discounts.

Plusnet were offering their own amount of cashback and this would be a 'one or the other' situation. We are happy to answer any queries regarding the eligibility of cashback and on this occasion we would not have advised that both can be applied.

I hope this has helped clarify.

Kind Regards,

Jack
    Quidco company Representative
    • murkr
    • By murkr 22nd Sep 16, 9:14 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    murkr
    Hi @murkr

Thanks for your post.

We state on every Quidco page that cashback cannot be awarded where another offer has been applied to the purchase:

Cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as staff or student discounts.

Plusnet were offering their own amount of cashback and this would be a 'one or the other' situation. We are happy to answer any queries regarding the eligibility of cashback and on this occasion we would not have advised that both can be applied.

I hope this has helped clarify.

Kind Regards,

Jack
    Quidco company Representative
    I understand that, but I wasn't given the option of "one or another". It was just declined!

I did not enter a code for the £50 and I have not received £50 from plusnet so how do I go about getting the £110 instead?
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 22nd Sep 16, 1:50 PM
    • 7,338 Posts
    • 9,523 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    @ Murkr

If you follow the path that has been outlined and you dont give up you will get at least 110.00 paid to you by Plusnet.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-have-declined-my-cashback/m-p/1369728/highlight/true#M23390

These posts by F.O.S kinda speaks for themselves.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL-Quidco/m-p/1347068/highlight/true#M22633

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-Cashback-Declined-Whilst-Waiting-For-Service-To-Be/m-p/1347113/highlight/true#M22640

In your O/P on Plusnet forum you said "and also because I'd heard good reviews"

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net

You are entirely correct that their wasnt the option to choose either 50.00 or 110.00 cashback offer.

You are also entirely correct when you say that "then I should have been taken to a different landing page without the £50 from Plusnet"

I am going to send you a PM via Plusnet Forum messaging - I hope that helps.
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 22-09-2016 at 1:52 PM.
    • murkr
    • By murkr 22nd Sep 16, 1:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    murkr
    Thanks very much, wow I wish I'd seen that before! To be honest, since I've had them I've had more issue than Sky who I was with, who were actually really good.

Every other night my speed has dropped from 14MB/s to about 3MB/s and their response to the issue was, well you have 14MB/s so it's not a fault! - Well I'd clearly stated the issue seems to be during late evenings (I live on my own so not shared).... but this is another story.
    • legendkiller2k8
    • By legendkiller2k8 22nd Sep 16, 5:52 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    legendkiller2k8
    Hi @legendkiller2k8

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately until we have received payment from retailers we are unable to pass this payment to your Quidco account, I hope you can understand how we are reliant on the retailer else we simply don't have a cashback amount to credit to you.

I apologise for not providing a more positive response here.

Kind Regards,

Jack
    To be honest i don't really care for the excuses the bottom line is you are allowing the merchants to offer cashback via your site so ultimately it is your responsibility to ensure the cashback reaches your members in a reasonable timescale.
    End of the day the courts will issue a ccj against Quidco and it will be Quidcos office any bailiffs will visit as you are the ones advertising the incentives which by law must be honred regardless of your t+cs saying cashback isn't guaranteed, aslong as the customer aka me in this case has fulfilled their part aka took the services then the merchant by law must honor any incentives offered and any agent aka Quidco in this case acting on behalf of the company are held fully responsible for any incentives offered.
    My patients are being tested and i will be starting court proceedings within next 7 working days if by the very least my sse cashback isn't resolved.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 22nd Sep 16, 8:54 PM
    • 401 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    B_M
    @legendkiller2k8 - still having that SSE issue?
    I'm watching this keenly.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • ernie-money
    • By ernie-money 27th Sep 16, 8:23 AM
    • 719 Posts
    • 372 Thanks
    ernie-money
    A word of warning re the so called premium service and quidco rewards.
    I have paid to upgrade my account and I've also been collecting the reward coins. I had collected 500 coins to get my £50 bonus (still pending confirmation). The next level is another 500 coins for a £75 reward, but now suddenly my coins have stopped tracking. The transaction tracks, but no coins appear as tracked.
    Quidco are now expecting me to keep track of all transactions with missing coins, and then contact them regarding each transaction once confirmed (usually several months later) to then ask for the coins to be added.
    This is a seemingly impossible task, unless you make quidco a full time project in your life, something which I haven't got time for. I therefore informed them that I will instead be switching to topcashback and requested a payout of my earnings so far. For some unbeknown reason, my payment has now been cancelled and I've received no funds.
    I'm sure they will end up having to pay out my earnings in the end, but the reward coin situation seems very fishy... How come do they suddenly stop adding them, when you get to a higher level..? Also very annoying that this has happened partway through the year I've paid the premium membership for, as I will no longer be able to benefit from it. Thanks for the service quidco!
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
    A word of warning re the so called premium service and quidco rewards.
    I have paid to upgrade my account and I've also been collecting the reward coins. I had collected 500 coins to get my £50 bonus (still pending confirmation). The next level is another 500 coins for a £75 reward, but now suddenly my coins have stopped tracking. The transaction tracks, but no coins appear as tracked.
    Quidco are now expecting me to keep track of all transactions with missing coins, and then contact them regarding each transaction once confirmed (usually several months later) to then ask for the coins to be added.
    This is a seemingly impossible task, unless you make quidco a full time project in your life, something which I haven't got time for. I therefore informed them that I will instead be switching to topcashback and requested a payout of my earnings so far. For some unbeknown reason, my payment has now been cancelled and I've received no funds.
    I'm sure they will end up having to pay out my earnings in the end, but the reward coin situation seems very fishy... How come do they suddenly stop adding them, when you get to a higher level..? Also very annoying that this has happened partway through the year I've paid the premium membership for, as I will no longer be able to benefit from it. Thanks for the service quidco!
    Originally posted by ernie-money

Hi @ernie-money

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

Could you send your query to members@quidco.com FAO 'Joseph MSE Coins' along with the email address on your Quidco account, so I can look into that for you.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    • legendkiller2k8
    • By legendkiller2k8 28th Sep 16, 10:13 AM
    • 171 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    legendkiller2k8
    Well the plot thickens SSE claim that they have paid quidco my £130 on September 22nd 2016 so care to explain yourselves Quidco as to why it's not showing on my account?
    Sky are also looking into Quidco as they also have paid you the £110 cashback due back in july 2016, this is going to get very messy for Quidco if all this is true.
    • jamichi1
    • By jamichi1 28th Sep 16, 4:42 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    jamichi1
    I don't know about other people's experience dealing with CS reps at Quidco, but I feel that I'm talking to the wall.
    In the beginning of the year, I joined Property Moose via Quidco and purchased a share in one of their properties. I was extremely careful as the cashback was £50. So, I cleared all the cookies, autofills etc., closed the browser, re-started the browser and then logged to Quidco, went straight to this merchant, signed up, deposited and purchased the share - all in one go. No other browser windows, no delays, no "offline" consultations with the merchant.
    Alas, it never tracked. So I raised a ticket, providing all the information that was needed. Late September the decision came back as negative. I responded that this was impossible, suggesting that I followed a very strict procedure, clearing cookies etc. One of CSs came back stating that they can't do anything and DESPITE the fact that in my message I had written that I had cleared my cookies, suggested that "next time I should clear my cookies". I went back asking them to look into the matter again, stating that I have already informed them that I had cleared my cookies. At this point someone, would have expected that Quidco will respond, PRETENDING that someone has read what I wrote in my two previous messages.
    Alas, this wasn't the case. Another copied + pasted response, again talking about cookies. So, I went back stating that I wanted to raise a complaint about the fact that nobody seems to read what I wrote on two occasions.
    Quidco came back quickly and guess what did they write about in their response. Yes, it was about clearing my cookies.
    • legendkiller2k8
    • By legendkiller2k8 29th Sep 16, 11:02 AM
    • 171 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    legendkiller2k8
    Update, my Sse claim has come back as succesful, just waiting now for the cashback to show up.
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 29th Sep 16, 3:45 PM
    • 1,898 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    Well it's been a while, but I found out this morning i've been shafted - again - by the great Quidco gambling site swindle.

The first cut-and-paste email I received said that the retailer was refusing to pay, and then the second said that the cashback had been paid "elsewhere" and that there was "nothing we could do" - Translation: "Tough Sh*t".

I also got the condescending "advice" about making sure I clear my cookies and cache, so you can imagine that made me rather angry.

Has anyone else pursued these any further ?, or do I basically have to write it off and move on ?.
    • lloydyyy
    • By lloydyyy 29th Sep 16, 4:36 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    lloydyyy
    Not impressed with Quidco
    I'm not impressed with Quidco at all.

I purchased a new car insurance policy from Direct Line via Quidco on 22/08/16. I've been using Top Cashback for years so I know what to do to make sure cashback has the best chance of tracking.

I completed my purchase wholly online, in the same browser window, with no ad blockers, and a confirmation message was posted on the Quidco browser tab to confirm my visit had been recorded. No trace of the cashback is showing in my account, so I raised a ticket. Direct Line was present in the drop-down list of retailers but when I selected missing cashback as the type of claim, a message was displayed informing me there is no record of my visit to the retailer.

I've never had a problem with Top Cashback but things seem to be going pear-shaped with Quidco. I raised a ticket anyway and a support adviser mentioned there is no record of my visit to the retailer. I replied back and mentioned I was definitely logged into my account at the time and I was successfully redirected to the retailer after clicking the button. I was using a laptop and not a mobile device. After being redirected to the retailer, I could see the URL had changed to include details of the redirect and a notification was displayed on my Quidco session to confirm I had been redirected successfully. My purchase was completed wholly online. I followed all instructions to ensure the cashback would track successfully. I have used Top Cashback for a number of years and have never had an issue or encountered a scenario where a purchase hasn't tracked. I'm disappointed that an issue has occurred after using Quidco.

I should also mention that I was redirected successfully to Direct Line where a new browser tab was opened (as normal). On Direct Line's home page, I entered my car registration into the car insurance text box and clicked the button to get a quote, where another browser tab was then opened for me to enter my details and purchase the policy. I suspect that because another tab was opened for me by Direct Line to enter my details and purchase the policy, this could be why the cashback hasn't tracked.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,064Posts Today

6,286Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PapaSlavs: @MartinSLewis hi, how much per month should I typically charge my daughter board & lodgings now she's left uni and become an?

• RT @EssexHebridean: 13 years, 2 months and 6 days after taking it out, we've just paid the final lump sum off our mortgage. #MortgageFree @?

• Many first time buyers panicked about Help to Buy mortgage guarantee ending, here's my video on what it really mean? https://t.co/uGD6sG4hvl

• Follow Martin