Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • TheHangingJudge
    • 27th May 11, 5:48 PM
    • 27th May 11, 5:48 PM
    Your JSA is paid into your account on the third working day after you sign on ... Tuesday, like you say.

And Tuesday isn't a holiday. So no you won't get it early.
  • zam121
    • 27th May 11, 6:02 PM
    • 27th May 11, 6:02 PM
    yeah but monday is so do i have to wait till wednesday as monday wont count as working day
    • richard9991
    • By richard9991 27th May 11, 6:11 PM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    richard9991
    • 27th May 11, 6:11 PM
    • 27th May 11, 6:11 PM
    yeah but monday is so do i have to wait till wednesday as monday wont count as working day
    Originally posted by zam121
    you probably ge it tmw as nat west/rbs debit and credit all bank holiday payments on saturday but it will have tuesdays date on your statement
  • Welshdebtor
    • 27th May 11, 6:20 PM
    • 27th May 11, 6:20 PM
    I am on JSA, sign on Thursday and money in on tuesday like yourself.However on different weeks it seems from yourself. During the last BH my money went in early, it was paid the tuesday before I signed on and was in my account 3 days later, i.e if the same has happened with you it should of gone in today.
    Here to learn and pass on my experiences.
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.

• TheHangingJudge
    • 27th May 11, 6:24 PM
    • 27th May 11, 6:24 PM
    Their computers don't get the Monday off. So for them it's a normal working day.

You'll get your money on Tuesday.
    • richard9991
    • By richard9991 28th May 11, 4:43 PM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    richard9991
    • 28th May 11, 4:43 PM
    • 28th May 11, 4:43 PM
    Their computers don't get the Monday off. So for them it's a normal working day.

You'll get your money on Tuesday.
    Originally posted by TheHangingJudge
    i am due my dla payment tuesday got it paid in bank today because of bank holiday
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 28th May 11, 11:49 PM
    • 13,646 Posts
    • 58,469 Thanks
    I luv cats
    • 28th May 11, 11:49 PM
    • 28th May 11, 11:49 PM
    Don't they just bring payments forward by one day (to compensate for the bank holiday) so the payment will be as normal on the Tuesday???
    • richard9991
    • By richard9991 28th May 11, 11:56 PM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    richard9991
    • 28th May 11, 11:56 PM
    • 28th May 11, 11:56 PM
    Don't they just bring payments forward by one day (to compensate for the bank holiday) so the payment will be as normal on the Tuesday???
    Originally posted by I luv cats
    yes but natwest/rbs who the original poster banks with dont reconise mondays so if you get paid then you get it saturday as monday is a bank holiday it is not a banking day so not part of the bacs cycle so they release tuesdays payments saturday the bank told me this and has always happened.
  • Welshdebtor
    My own experience from signing on Thursdays and receiving payment tuesdays, has shown me that on bank holidays payment is released on the tuesday prior to signing on meaning you get it Friday (the day after signing on).
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.

• richard9991
    • By richard9991 29th May 11, 12:03 AM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    richard9991
    My own experience from signing on Thursdays and receiving payment tuesdays, has shown me that on bank holidays payment is released on the tuesday prior to signing on meaning you get it Friday (the day after signing on).
    Originally posted by Welshdebtor
    yeah ok i get you now thats because you sign on and they want a sig before they release payment in my case its saturday because its dla no sig needed and they release the payment thursday
    • richard9991
    • By richard9991 29th May 11, 12:29 AM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    richard9991
    monday is NOT a working day nowt to do with dwp its the banks clearing system the payments recived saturday will have 31/5/11 on them same as any direct debit payments will be deducted with 31/5/11 on them
  • zam121
    just to let every1 know recieved payment of jsa today,well saturday.so it does go in early

hanging judge?????????????
  • Welshdebtor
    Fed up of saying this now

I get paid JSA the same days as the OP plus also bank with the same bank. So I am using my own first hand experience.

Due to the bank holidays and the fact DWP release funds early, the bank makes the money available Friday evening-Saturday morning.

However the bank will often date it as Tuesdays date.

This tactic also applies to any payment made using the BACS system, such as wages. The timescale varies on both your bank and how far down the list you are as they work through the inputting. So one bank holiday you may get paid by 10pm Friday night, the next by 6am Saturday morning.

• Welshdebtor
    just to let every1 know recieved payment of jsa today,well saturday.so it does go in early

hanging judge?????????????
    Originally posted by zam121

Was longing for you to come and prove I was right

• zam121
    he kept going on and on. still waiting for him to reply. lol
  • Welshdebtor
    Forgot to mention richard was right as well not just me

• paul7ccfc
    I'll know by 31.08.11
    I signed on a Thursday for JSA and will post what happens
    • Adereterial
    • By Adereterial 27th Aug 11, 7:50 AM
    • 460 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Adereterial
    Your JSA is normally released by BACS when the JC have input evidence to say that you've been in to sign. It then takes 3 working days to clear into your account.

Because Monday is a bank holiday, it's not a working day and thus this would normally delay the payment by 1 day as a result.

To compensate, the payments are all advanced slightly early so those that would be affected get their payments on time. Thus your payment would have been advance paid on the Wednesday and will be with you on the Tuesday. Only those who signed on Wednesday would get it early on the Friday.

Your bank may credit the money to your account early, but that has nothing to do with the DWP. Your payment day remains Tuesday.
  • poogie898
    jsa payment 2012/04/09 due to sign today easter monday .
    hi i am due to sign today on easter monday so was just wondering when i wil get my payment i bank with nationwide. thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,794Posts Today

6,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick goodbye (for now)... https://t.co/00uuzdpqAv

• Still fighting - hoping for chinks in the armour as there's a new administration https://t.co/XMYOGshhI0

• About to speak to talented teens from underprivileged backgrounds re student finance. Far more difficult to be +ve after retrospective hikes

• Follow Martin