Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    foddleboop
    help! accident after insurance company cancelled insurance by mistake
    • 18th May 11, 3:29 PM
    help! accident after insurance company cancelled insurance by mistake 18th May 11 at 3:29 PM
    Phoned up insurance company today to cancel from Friday. Call got cut off half way through so called back and they said would complete from details already given, but they mistakenly cancelled it effective immediately, not friday.
    My husband went out and reversed into another car leaving a big scape down their paint. He paniced and came home. I told him off for leaving the scene and pulled up the emailed insurance details so we could report accident, only to see on cancellation docs that it was not from friday but today.
    Phoned up the insurance company who admitted fault after listening to the calls but could not reinstate insurance, only give us new cover for the next 2 days for free. Which would be fine, except my husband hit this car during the gap.
    I'm terrified that he's going to be fined and arrested and don't know what will happen.
    There was supposedly CCTV at car park. Would never usualy drive off like this. I just don't know what to do
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

381Posts Today

1,778Users online

Martin's Twitter