Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 19
    • PhiltheBear
    • By PhiltheBear 3rd Sep 17, 11:17 AM
    • 262 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    PhiltheBear
    Just browsing through the dog insurance co webpage and came across 2 companies i have never heard of before Vets medi cover and Healthy pets....has anyone had any experience of either
    Originally posted by annie cardiff
    Yes. VetsMediCover took on a dog we had that had no previous vet history in this country and he was 7 years old. He's had various problems but they've always paid out and been very good.
    • wadbanage
    • By wadbanage 15th Nov 17, 8:42 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wadbanage
    Completely confused
    I have just spent several hours trying to find out what is a reasonable cost for insurance for my 2.25 yr old male Cockerpoo. He has no medical problems and is currently insured with Petplan under their 'Petplan Classic' policy.

The renewal is nearly £400 for his 3rd year of continuous cover, I have been searching using the methods recommended here but even for other Lifetime policies my Petplan cover seems very very expensive, e.g. with Compare the Market and limiting to lifetime policies only i get quotes from £73 to £339 pa and even the most expensive is £60 less than PetPlan..

Are Petplan ripping me off or am I missing something about their cover? I want cover with a good provider but there seem to be a bewildering number with a huge variation in price.

Can anyone recommend a few gold standard providers that I can use for more detailed investigation. Also any idea of what a reasonable annual premium for a 2.25 Cockerpoo should be?
    • PhiltheBear
    • By PhiltheBear 16th Nov 17, 9:12 AM
    • 262 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    PhiltheBear
    The simple fact is that Pet Plan ARE the Gold Standard. You will seldom, if ever, get a query on a claim unlike many of the others. And some of those 'lifetime' policies aren't genuinely lifetime, they are just marketed as that. Have a look at www.doginsurancecompare.co.uk which only shows policies from companies that are ethical in the way they work with customers (and it ignores the cost of policies unlike most comparison sites). If you think Pet Plan is too expensive you can get the same policy with less cover via the Co-op (it's just rebranded with a lesser amount payable).
    • Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 13th Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    We are wanting to switch insurers for my dog Millie. She`s about 8 years old I think maybe more, but we are looking for a insurer that covers the basics like accidental damage, vet fees, theft etc. She has no illness or anything, she`s had a few accidents but I don`t think they affect the new policy? I believe they are all paid for, despite having trouble with the insurer who took their time paying out but I think it`s covered now.

I`ve just checked Petplan and turns out she is too old, what would be the next best thing? We have a policy with Asda but they keep hiking the price up so we are looking for something slightly cheaper, that covers everything.

Thank you
    • GSPGirl
    • By GSPGirl 17th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    GSPGirl
    Just got the most expensive policy available with More Than (including all extras) for my 3 year old rescue dog

It was £13 a month direct debit interest free

£60 cashback from Quidco to look forward to
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,565Posts Today

5,685Users online

Martin's Twitter