Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SILLYBILLY
    New To Iva Advice Needed About Tax Refund
    • 11th May 11, 11:01 AM
    New To Iva Advice Needed About Tax Refund 11th May 11 at 11:01 AM
    Hi....We have just had our IVA accepted 3rd may 2011 after making token payment of 1 for this last year and are going to be paying 397 per month back a month for an unsecured debt of 70,000 ... hate seeing that amount

Anyway my question is to you who are in similar situations hubby is classed as self emplyed and has an accountant to do his tax return at the end of the financial year,well anyway she has rung and said he is due 1000 back for this year.....well do we tell our IVA company about this as we are allowed to keep 10% but anything over that they get 40% or can we just cash the cheque at one of those cash cheque places as hopefully with it not going through the bank to wont be noticed.

I know the right thing to do would be to declare it but it would be lovely to have a little money there as an emergency fund if needed.

Let me know what you lot would do please and thanks for reading

UPDATE PLEASE READ post 3
    Last edited by SILLYBILLY; 13-05-2011 at 9:12 AM.
    Debt Free in 60 months ...Hopefully
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,673Posts Today

6,582Users online

Martin's Twitter