Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > EON customers-Convert Tesco Clubcard Vouchers (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
EON customers-Convert Tesco Clubcard Vouchers
Closed Thread
Views: 7,714
# 1
WOW Factor 0
keithdc
Old 06-05-2011, 8:52 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default EON customers-Convert Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

New Clubcard deal..... convert clubcard vouchers to 1 and a half times their cash value to put towards your EON energy bill.

See clubcard website for details.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to keithdc For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
karlie88
Old 06-05-2011, 8:54 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

linky winky: http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=1953
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karlie88 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
ih8stress
Old 06-05-2011, 9:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

That's a laugh - not - seen as up until recently you got tesco clubcard points with certain eon tariffs (one of the factors in choosing them). Now of course I don't get as many points to make this worthwhile .........
The Following User Says Thank You to ih8stress For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
E.ON Company Representative: Malc
Old 10-05-2011, 1:03 PM
Has MSEs permission to post for company

Default E.ON and Tesco Clubcard points

Hi ih8stress

Just to clarify, provided you're on a qualifying product, you can still earn Tesco Clubcard points on your E.ON account.

The original Tesco scheme is not affected by the introduction of the new Rewards trial of paying energy bills with Tesco points. As I say, if you're on a qualifying product, you'll still be able to earn points against your payments.

The new Tesco Clubcard Reward scheme is a direct response to customer feedback. Initially, it's for a trial period up to 5 August 2011 (although tokens don't expire until 31 August 2011).

Hopefully, if successful, the scheme can be extended beyond the current trial.

Would be interested in any feed back anyone may have about this new arrangement, either on the forum or through the email address in my Profile if preferable.

Malc
Official Company Representative
I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
The Following User Says Thank You to E.ON Company Representative: Malc For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
f1re_cr4cker
Old 10-05-2011, 1:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

shame it isnt available on the online dual fuel tarrif
# 6
sparky1664
Old 10-05-2011, 1:24 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi Malc,
Whilst that of course is true, it is only now on the higher tariffs. I used to earn clubcard points, but no longer do. (One of the incentives of switching to Eon in the first place.)
No point in paying more for gas/elec just to earn a few clubcard points methinks.

Don't think I'd be interested. Other clubcard deals offer 3x the value, so perhaps better spent elsewhere.

Last edited by sparky1664; 10-05-2011 at 1:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparky1664 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
m0nkeymrs01
Old 10-05-2011, 1:29 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky1664 View Post
Hi Malc,
Whilst that of course is true, it is only now on the higher tariffs. I used to earn clubcard points, but no longer do. (One of the incentives of switching to Eon in the first place.)
No point in paying more for gas/elec just to earn a few clubcard points methinks.

Don't think I'd be interested. Other clubcard deals offer 3x the value, so perhaps better spent elsewhere.
This is interesting... I will be looking into this when I get home. I hope I am still earning otherwise I may as well switch and get nectar points instead?

Re the paying your energy bill with Clubcard vouchers... I think its a great idea. I am being made redundant in July and this would be a great way of trying to reduce some outgoings at least a little. However I am on prepayment meter, so I presume I will not be able to use this scheme?
# 8
sparky1664
Old 10-05-2011, 1:33 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkeymrs01 View Post
This is interesting... I will be looking into this when I get home. I hope I am still earning otherwise I may as well switch and get nectar points instead?
You probably will be, but it's worth checking. Mine only stopped as the fixed contract I originally signed up for ended. I would expect you would be okay for the duration of your original contract.
# 9
Old 10-05-2011, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkeymrs01 View Post

Re the paying your energy bill with Clubcard vouchers... I think its a great idea. I am being made redundant in July and this would be a great way of trying to reduce some outgoings at least a little. However I am on prepayment meter, so I presume I will not be able to use this scheme?
Sorry to hear you're being made redundant m0nkeymrs01.

As a prepayment customer, you'll still be earning points for money spent on energy provided you've registered your Clubcard with us.

On the down side, the Tesco Reward scheme is not available to prepayment customers at the moment. If the scheme is successful, we'll look at extending it to, hopefully, include prepayment.

Best of luck with the job hunting.

Malc
I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
The Following User Says Thank You to E.ON Company Representative: Malc For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Old 10-05-2011, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1re_cr4cker View Post
shame it isnt available on the online dual fuel tarrif
Hi f1re_cr4cker

Not sure if I've misunderstood your post.

Whilst you're right that most of our current online deals are not eligible for Tesco Clubcard points; you can still use the new Tesco Reward scheme to help pay your E.ON energy bills.

Provided you're not on an excluded tariff like m0nkeymrs01 above, you can put Tesco Clubcard points towards your energy bills. An online dual fuel tariff definitely qualifies.

Sorry if I've misunderstood f1re_cr4cker but hope this helps.

Malc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to E.ON Company Representative: Malc For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
ih8stress
Old 10-05-2011, 4:21 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc View Post
Hi ih8stress

Just to clarify, provided you're on a qualifying product, you can still earn Tesco Clubcard points on your E.ON account.
Unfortunately when I changed from Saveonline1 to Saveonline3, the tesco clubcard points ceased. The whole fiasco of that change was commented on here by myself and others affected:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ht=eon+october

The original Tesco scheme is not affected by the introduction of the new Rewards trial of paying energy bills with Tesco points. As I say, if you're on a qualifying product, you'll still be able to earn points against your payments.I don't really understand why some tariffs are discriminated against then, if this is still available on certain ones? Especially as I changed from one Saveonline tariff to another. I could understand it if I was changing from saveonline to prepayment, for instance.

The new Tesco Clubcard Reward scheme is a direct response to customer feedback. Initially, it's for a trial period up to 5 August 2011 (although tokens don't expire until 31 August 2011).

Hopefully, if successful, the scheme can be extended beyond the current trial.

Would be interested in any feed back anyone may have about this new arrangement, either on the forum or through the email address in my Profile if preferable.

Malc
I agree with sparky's comments about the clubcard points being one of the reasons for choosing the Eon tariff, and after having that bonus taken from me, trying to 'tempt' me with one and a half times value is laughable to say the least.
# 12
Old 11-05-2011, 1:14 PM

Hi ih8stress

I do understand the concern caused when tariffs are launched which don't include certain benefits, like Tesco Clubcard points, that were available before.

However, I'm afraid it's not possible to include every benefit with every tariff as this wouldn't be economically viable.

We look at the costs of each possible benefit when a new product is launched to see if they can be included.

For instance, some of our online tariffs generally have lower prices but no Tesco points; whereas other tariffs may not be so competitive price wise but have other benefits which may suit individual customers.

Circumstances change, too. Therefore, what may have been possible at one time may not be at another. This can work the other way round as well. Withdrawn benefits may be re-introduced in later tariffs depending on the costs/circumstances at the time.

Sorry I can't offer anything more positive ih8stress but hope this makes our approach a little clearer.

Malc
# 13
unhappy_shopper
Old 11-05-2011, 2:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

When other Tesco clubcard deals offer 3 times the points value, why is EON offering only 1.5x ? If EON offers 3x value, then I might take up this deal. Else my points are spent elsewhere, maybe Goldsmiths, for a better deal.
MFiT-T2 #77; MFW-2012 #34; MFiT-T3 #54
Mortgage: @ Feb. 2007: 133,200; Apr. 2011: 24,373; May 2011: 175,999; Jun 2013: ~97,000
; Mar. 2014 392,212.73; Jul. 2014: 383748.5 (BTL: 96028.71, M1: 216601.91, M2: 71117.88)
OP fund: 2500
# 14
Old 11-05-2011, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappy_shopper View Post
When other Tesco clubcard deals offer 3 times the points value, why is EON offering only 1.5x ? If EON offers 3x value, then I might take up this deal. Else my points are spent elsewhere, maybe Goldsmiths, for a better deal.
Hi unhappy_shopper

This is a brand new initiative which is only in its trial period.

It's different to anything else we've done before so it's a case of seeing how it goes.

Tesco do various other offers with various amounts of points involved. Some are three times as much, some less. It's very difficult to judge one against another as they all involve different things.

This is just a new offer to see if it's of any interest to our customers.

Sorry you're not keen unhappy_shopper but hope it may be of interest in the future.

Malc
# 15
bigstevex
Old 11-05-2011, 6:30 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

1.5X is a bit of a joke, you can get more for them on ebay and then use what you get off the bay to pay your whole Eon bill instead of part of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to bigstevex For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
1cat2fish
Old 11-05-2011, 8:50 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I would like to be able to collect club cards points on my bills again, rather than pay my bill with clubcard points.
I see clubcard points as away of having a treat, not to pay bills with. My latest treat was a wooden arbour with a swing seat, much nicer than paying a bill.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1cat2fish For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
tali
Old 11-05-2011, 9:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappy_shopper View Post
I'm mulling over this offer - although imho the 3 times points are for goods and services that are a bit off a rip off in the first place anyway imho- because of this i have never used the 3 or 4 times points value.
I have always used for shopping - but the eon offer would it seems be better instead for me anyway
tali's top saving tips:
shop at asda
avoid designer labels/never pay any intrest to any financial organisation/never be the first to have the latest gadgets,fashions/spend the least amount on car purchase you can
# 18
fatblackandwhite
Old 12-05-2011, 8:43 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Slightly off topic, but I would like to thank the OP as I had totally overlooked the fact that we are with EON for our energy. This thread prompted me to register our clubcard to get the extra points. So... thank you!
# 19
Lifesaboxofchocs
Old 12-05-2011, 9:03 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatblackandwhite View Post
Slightly off topic, but I would like to thank the OP as I had totally overlooked the fact that we are with EON for our energy. This thread prompted me to register our clubcard to get the extra points. So... thank you!
I second that - I've also just registered my clubcard to earn points, having missed this information when I moved house.

Thanks to the OP for the information and thank you to the Eon representative Malc for taking time to comment on this thread. Nice to see an energy company keeping up to date with their customers.

----------------------------------------------
# 20
bangdang
Old 17-05-2011, 10:14 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Eon tesco clubcard points

I see I am not new in finding my rewards from Eon are now zero!

It seems this has been the case for months and on calling Eon it appears that no online tariff supports any tesco rewards and I can only be offered rewards on a standard tariff....which means an increase of 150 per year.

Yet I have never been informed of these changes, I was not advised when I signed up and entered my clubcard details and on Tesco own website, there is no mention of selective tariffs..

So is this a fair way to both deal with customers ? and to promote a deal which in principal is no deal at all..with the added fact that Tesco are now actively promoting the deal to exchange vouchers for Eon bills.

Lastly, I found the response from Eon customer care to be more arrogant than understanding, saying they have more standard customers than online and cannot see the problem and despite my suggestion that we all need to save money in these times, they had no interest in helping people trapped on standard tariff to find access to online deals unless they could afford online access and a monthly direct debit.

Overall whilst the deal now stinks...the attitude from these large companies is too ensure profits without a thought for the needs of the end user....Eon has no reason to not offer better fuel rates to its customers not able to go online, especially with the elderly and young families facing even greater fuel poverty this year and no doubt the next.

Thanks for reading the rant!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bangdang For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread