IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Travelodge Discount Codes
Views: 113,964
# 1
WOW Factor 0
Calum
Old 04-10-2005, 8:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Travelodge - Discount code wanted

Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert:

For the latest offers, have a look at our Travelodge Discount Codes

Back to the original post...

Hi,

Does anyone have any discount codes for travelodge?

Thanks,

Calum

Last edited by MSE Zorica; 09-12-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Sneaker
Old 06-10-2005, 11:00 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i could do with one too please
# 3
lush walrus
Old 06-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

If you book on the internet you will automatically get a certain amount of discount. And if you book far in advance, the cost is deducted further.
# 4
oxter
Old 06-10-2005, 11:49 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Have you tried this?
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/tenpoundoffer/
# 5
borntoshop
Old 06-10-2005, 2:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Is the Heathrow Travelodge really noisy, lots of dates still left????
# 6
angelnas
Old 06-10-2005, 2:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

hi the heathrow lodge is noisey not for planes but for the motorway traffic even with the windows shut you still hear it....use ear plugs to reduce some of the noise but not all of it. Although im a light sleeper so i heard it more than usual. Travellodge I stayed in was Travel Heathrow Heston Eastbound.
# 7
Sneaker
Old 06-10-2005, 3:11 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I want to book a couple of nights in Birmingham central in November but that's not in the 10 offer.
# 8
Addy
Old 06-10-2005, 3:12 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoshop
Is the Heathrow Travelodge really noisy, lots of dates still left????
We stayed in the Westbound Heathrow Travelodge. Noise wasn't a problem, although we didn't have the windows open.

I had to carry our own bedding from the reception to the room as they hadn't made up enough beds or even left the duvets, pillows etc for us to do it. Other people were at reception complaining that their lights didn't work and their toilet was broken. So....noise not a problem but other things might be!
# 9
lush walrus
Old 07-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Yep I had a simular experience of low quality at the Dockland's travellodge. The taps wouldnt turn off, and we couldnt close the bathroom door as there was no handle on it!!!

Low quality but cheap and clean, like they say you get what you pay for!
# 10
liz_uk
Old 08-10-2005, 7:39 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hey People, Just started working for the premier travel inn and have to tell you to get yourselves booked in with them !!

All premier travel inns offer a 100% money back guarantee, so if you are not happy in any way with your stay they WILL REFUND YOU !!!!!!!

Plus the rooms are cleaned to such a high standard that the housekeepers are even instructed to clean the tops of the doors........

I was shocked, as I`ve never used the PTI, but now that i`ve started working for them, I wish I had !!!!!!!!
Debt Free Jan 2010!
(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liz_uk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
trickdick
Old 09-10-2005, 11:42 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz_uk
Hey People, Just started working for the premier travel inn and have to tell you to get yourselves booked in with them !!

All premier travel inns offer a 100% money back guarantee, so if you are not happy in any way with your stay they WILL REFUND YOU !!!!!!!

Plus the rooms are cleaned to such a high standard that the housekeepers are even instructed to clean the tops of the doors........

I was shocked, as I`ve never used the PTI, but now that i`ve started working for them, I wish I had !!!!!!!!
Hmmm

I stayed at A Premier Travel Inn in Manchester and had a lousy room - not clean - key card wouldnt work which meant FOUR trips from reception to the room on the 5th floor - I wrote and complained and was told that they were disappointed but no refund!!
# 12
liz_uk
Old 15-10-2005, 9:34 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickdick
Hmmm

I stayed at A Premier Travel Inn in Manchester and had a lousy room - not clean - key card wouldnt work which meant FOUR trips from reception to the room on the 5th floor - I wrote and complained and was told that they were disappointed but no refund!!
When was that??

They offer a full money back guarantee, so if you complain on checkout, then you get your money back there and then !
Debt Free Jan 2010!
(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
# 13
loopy_lass
Old 13-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

lol... i know this wasnt in a travel lodge type place, but on the theme of complaints, i worked in a outdoor centre which was in the middle of a forest, and the guests stayed in log cabins..... we had one family come to us and ask if they could move to a quieter cabin as the birds had woken them at dawn with their singing....!!!!!!!

;-) townies!
THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN...
# 14
Lucy Lastic
Old 14-12-2005, 1:39 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Travel Lodge Discount Codes

Thats all very interesting, but does anyone have any Promotional Codes for Travel Lodge? :confused:
# 15
lamnicholas
Old 14-12-2005, 7:31 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealmad
Sorry but what happened to the customer always being right.

If your fire alarm often goes off at 5am then i suggest travel lodge invest in a better alarm , because if got woken up by a false alarm and was expected to get dressed and wait for the fire brigade before i can go back bed i would be quite mad to.

I have never stayed in travel lodge ,but for some people this is all they maybe can afford and to suggest to them... what do you want for 50 is an insult.

I've had the pleasure of staying in some nice hotels but they have been quite expensive and some people do not want to pay 260+ for one nights stay.

Btw i only stayed in expensive hotels cause of my ex-partner who got rooms from the company he worked for.

Also to call one of your guests a chav is unprofessional and uncalled for , maybe brush up on your customer service skills...i mean it would be dreadful if someone compared you to a chav for working in travel lodge hey.
The poster works for Premier Travel Inn, not Travelodge.

Anyway when Travel Inn merged with Premier Lodge I noticed that all mention of the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee in publicity material dissapeared, so I thought it had been scrapped? Oh well good to hear they still do it, not that I've ever had any problems on the few times I've used PTI.
# 16
jeppy
Old 15-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I booked in at a 3 star hotel, but they sold out to travel lodge. I paid 70!!! No hairdryer, the key didn't work, so everytime we wanted to get into our room we had to ask reception to come and use a special device to let us in, and many other small complaints, but basically not up to travel lodge standards and not up to 70 standards!!!

We originally booked with Quality, they didn't care and just kept passing the buck, although they hadn't notified us of the change. Who would pay 70 for a travel lodge, especially when A new Diamond Lodge was round the corner!! it only cost approx 32 inc breakfast, hairdryer, open bar telephone etc etc.

Anyhow, the person (presume a franchise?? confused) who had sold the hotel to Travel lodge (he wasn't quality inn, but we booked thinking quality inn!) gave us a full refund.

Thank you that man

Thumbs down to the Quality who by rights were our first point of contact and were terrible and I mean terrible (too long a story!! try to avoid booking with them!!) and also travellodge, who bought this hotel and either they stripped it, or the owners did and the Travellodge just left it as it was!!
# 17
chriz1000
Old 30-12-2005, 11:26 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Its easy to get a refund at a Premier Travel Inn, once I booked in for two rooms in the one near Alton Towers, The next morning the TV alarm didnt adjust to the daylight savings that happened at 12am so we are 1 hour late going to Alton Towers!
Spoke to reception and was given a full cash refund for both rooms!
Seems to me it would be better business sense for them to give you a one night free stay for your next visit rather than a cash refund!
# 18
fruitcake
Old 31-12-2005, 12:40 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Angry

My partner has been staying at travelodge for three months now....yeah I know but we live in Manhcester and have tried to book lots of rooms in advance in London, and on nearly every occassion he has had to move rooms because of heating not working, toilet overflowing, window not shutting, and yesterday.....when I had the misforune of joining him, they had no water at all!! So no shower or tea!! and no refund! Just a jug of water.

They have never given a refund, all your comments have pushed me into writing a letter of all the nights with all the various complaints.

Sorry no discount voucher codes....
# 19
adjoce
Old 02-01-2006, 6:20 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I stayed in travel lodge near birmingham in November, the fire alarm went off at 2am and they couldn't turn it off , we had enough by 5am and made our way home. As soon as I got home I sent a stinking complaint letter informing them that they need to train staff better as if there had been a fire we would have been burnt alive as it was such a shambles. (the night warden could hardly speak a word of english) I recieved a phone call a week later from a very concerned manager offering me a full refund, I also pointed out that we had prebooked and prepaid to go to cadbury land the next day and the children were very disappointed, so they offered to compensate me for them too.
# 20
jamrussell
Old 09-08-2007, 5:04 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealmad View Post
Sorry but what happened to the customer always being right.

If your fire alarm often goes off at 5am then i suggest travel lodge invest in a better alarm , because if got woken up by a false alarm and was expected to get dressed and wait for the fire brigade before i can go back bed i would be quite mad to.
i used to be a manager for travelodge and completley agree with the statement and can empathise with you in that respect.

i am now a firefighter and see things like false alarms from a different perspective now. they are there for your safety and yes, false alarms may be annoying but how would you feel if you or a member of your family were injured or killed in a fire because it didnt go off at 5 in the morning??

not trying to ruffle feathers but the alarm was only doing its job.