Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ged1980
    • By ged1980 4th May 11, 7:53 AM
    • 1,162Posts
    • 3,966Thanks
    ged1980
    Free 2 month Family & Friends Railcard + 50% off 12mth railcard
    • 4th May 11, 7:53 AM
    Free 2 month Family & Friends Railcard + 50% off 12mth railcard 4th May 11 at 7:53 AM
    To register for your free 2 month Family & Friends Railcard in conjunction with the Daily Mail, simply complete your details below.
    We will send you your free 2 month Family & Friends Railcard in the post and you will need to have it with you when your purchase and travel with discounted train tickets.
    Demand for this offer is high and we will endeavour to get your Railcard to you as soon as possible.
    Your free 2 month Railcard will be valid until 31st July 2011.
    This offer is only available online until midnight 27th May 2011

http://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/dailymail

Terms and conditions

1. Your Family & Friends Railcard will be distributed as soon as possible. It is not subject to the usual Family & Friends 1-year and 3-year Railcard delivery condititions.
    2. Your Family & Friends Railcard is valid until 31 July 2011.
    3. Railcard to be carried on all journeys and used when purchasing discounted tickets.
    4. Offer available to residents of Great Britain aged 16 years or over - excludes employees of Daily Mail or ATOC Ltd.
    5. Minimum group size is at least one adult (a named cardholder) and at least one child aged 5 to 15 years. Maximum group size is four adults (aged 16 years or over) and four children (aged 5 to 15). Children under 5 travel for free.
    6. This Railcard is not transferable and remains the property of ATOC Ltd.
    7. Family & Friends Railcard discounts are not available on First Class fares.
    8. A morning peak restriction applies for journeys in London and the South East, Mondays to Fridays.
    9. 50% saving is only available for online purchases of a 1-year Family & Friends Railcard and cannot be redeemed at stations.
    10. 50% saving is valid between 15 July and 15 August 2011 with Promotional Code available to Daily Mail Railcard holders only.
    11. A full set of Family & Friends Railcard Terms & Conditions is available from any staffed station ticket office or at www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk.
    12. The Railcard and train travel are subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage. Names of the Train Companies and copies of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage are available at www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcc.
    13. Only one free two month Family & Friends Railcard can be issued per person. No replacements will be issued if lost or stolen.
    Last edited by ged1980; 23-05-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter

Page 1
    • alykatz
    • By alykatz 4th May 11, 8:14 AM
    • 810 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    alykatz
    • 4th May 11, 8:14 AM
    • 4th May 11, 8:14 AM
    lovely thank you...
  • Malaga0034
    • 4th May 11, 8:21 AM
    free travel
    • 4th May 11, 8:21 AM
    Thankyou -is it free travel for 2 months or 50 % off travel ?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 4th May 11, 8:22 AM
    • 57,048 Posts
    • 40,253 Thanks
    soolin
    • 4th May 11, 8:22 AM
    • 4th May 11, 8:22 AM
    Originally posted by Malaga0034
    It is discounted travel, only the card itself is free.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • pokey128
    • By pokey128 4th May 11, 8:35 AM
    • 480 Posts
    • 485 Thanks
    pokey128
    • 4th May 11, 8:35 AM
    • 4th May 11, 8:35 AM
    Great deal! Has anyone used one of these when only travelling with under 5's? I don't mind paying for them to get a seat but the t&cz seem yo have conflicting info

Cheers
    • jetty
    • By jetty 4th May 11, 8:56 AM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 3,546 Thanks
    jetty
    • 4th May 11, 8:56 AM
    • 4th May 11, 8:56 AM
    i renewed mine a few days before something like this came up last year! Thank you for posting, am making the saving this time!!!
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research
  • mcallister1
    • 4th May 11, 8:59 AM
    • 4th May 11, 8:59 AM
    I accidentally unchecked the box for subsequent offers- but I think to get the code for 50% off renewal I should have kept it checked. I did use it with under 5s if they looked like they might be 5- I don't think they are that bothered and how could they check?
    • mymerrywidow
    • By mymerrywidow 4th May 11, 9:03 AM
    • 4,908 Posts
    • 77,593 Thanks
    mymerrywidow
    • 4th May 11, 9:03 AM
    • 4th May 11, 9:03 AM
    thank you, we can pop up to london at the end of the month
    life is like a loo roll. the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes.
  • moomoominx
    • 4th May 11, 9:06 AM
    • 4th May 11, 9:06 AM
    great stuff wanted one last year - so this will make the summer hols - as the kids always want to go on a train - 13.00 for a year after the 2 free months is great!
    • Rich44
    • By Rich44 4th May 11, 9:06 AM
    • 785 Posts
    • 737 Thanks
    Rich44
    If theyre under 5 you can choose to pay for them to get the discount it's fine.

Thanks for this we got one last year so will do the same with this offer brilliant!!

All kids under five travel free - and each adult may take up to two 'under fives' with them. However, if the only child in the group is under five, you'll need to purchase a discounted child ticket to qualify for the adult Railcard discount. All child fares are subject to a 1 minimum fare.
    Last edited by Rich44; 04-05-2011 at 9:08 AM.
  • normandleigh
    been waiting for this thankyou
  • shelby161
    Thanks so much!!My friend and i will use this to take the kids out over the half term and i will definately be buying one at half price!!Great find!
  • normandleigh
    I accidentally unchecked the box for subsequent offers- but I think to get the code for 50% off renewal I should have kept it checked. I did use it with under 5s if they looked like they might be 5- I don't think they are that bothered and how could they check?
    Originally posted by mcallister1
    last year the code came with the railcard through the post, hopefully this year will be the same.
    • fiscalfreckles
    • By fiscalfreckles 4th May 11, 9:11 AM
    • 2,335 Posts
    • 1,843 Thanks
    fiscalfreckles
    Originally posted by Malaga0034
    The card is free for 2 months (usually 26) and then you can purchase one for 50% off.

With the card you get 1/3 off adult fares and 60% off children (5-15yrs) fares.

Excellent find OP, mine has expired & I was looking for a deal! THANKS XXXX
  • victory
    Thank you very much was just looking to get one, thanks
    [QUOTE=misspiggy;51404641]I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory
    • stormbreaker
    • By stormbreaker 4th May 11, 10:12 AM
    • 2,036 Posts
    • 5,847 Thanks
    stormbreaker
    I'll need to pinch a child this year now my son is 16!
  • v_norman_v
    Thank you this is a brilliant offer!
  • Confuzzled
    cheers for this to the OP, i'd been hoping this would come up again. this is my 3rd time using this offer, my current card expires July 13th so I can use the full length of the trial card to extend that and then buy my new card 1/2 price again like last year
  • Minnerva
    Many thanks for the post.
    • samsie
    • By samsie 4th May 11, 11:07 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    samsie
    thankyou may treat the kiddies to a train ride sometime
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,520Posts Today

7,228Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • M'weekly email: Brexit Q&A, 0.99% mortgage, Apple camp, BritGas cust £300off, free Windows10,Sky 45%off, free cinema https://t.co/bS4J70zc35

• Sometimes just pressing 'Block' is very cathartic!

• Sheesh... now I'm being attacked for a post asking about how bad AIRPORT exchange rates are as if it were some Brexit point!

• Follow Martin