Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    oceanscape
    Settled WONGA loan on credit report
    • 2nd May 11, 11:27 AM
    Settled WONGA loan on credit report 2nd May 11 at 11:27 AM
    I'm so upset right now.

I took out a Wonga loan a couple of months ago to cover a short-term cash flow problem. I paid it back on time and thought that was the end of it.

Later, I applied for a loan from my bank. They rejected me. When I asked why I was told that the WONGA loan on my credit reference signified that I was experiencing "financial stress" and therefore they would not be willing to lend money to me, even though the pay-day loan was paid off in full and on time.

I had NO IDEA that a SETTLED wonga loan would trash my immaculate credit rating (I have NEVER missed a payment or anything).

Will I ever get a new loan or credit card again?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,601Users online

Martin's Twitter