Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    inneed
    Opinion World
    • 29th Apr 11, 5:09 PM
    Opinion World 29th Apr 11 at 5:09 PM
    Do people actually get paid surveys from Opinion World? I've only been doing it a week or two, but I have only been offered one paid survey, and I was screened out of that! I'm fed up with doing them for nothing already.

Official MoneySavingExpert Insert:

This discussion is linked to from our Survey Sites guide. See what other tips you can get there and reply below about Opinion World
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 25-10-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Always look on the bright side of life ....la la la la la la la la
Page 1
    • bellkat
    • By bellkat 29th Apr 11, 9:42 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 1,530 Thanks
    bellkat
    • 29th Apr 11, 9:42 PM
    • 29th Apr 11, 9:42 PM
    I signed up with them about a month ago, and the only surveys they have sent me offer entry into a prize draw and donation to charity!! I've not bothered with the last few they sent.
    New Year New You Challenge - 13.5lbs/10lbs

Spring Into Spring Challenge-2.5lbs/10lbs

Slimming World Total Loss - 2 stone 3lbs
  • funnyguy
    • 30th Apr 11, 7:36 PM
    • 30th Apr 11, 7:36 PM
    I have been with them for over a year and have received x2 £20 cheques from them so far ,and am showing £18.60 at the moment.Though you have to wait for £25 now to claim,so i do not find them to bad.Thats £58.60 I would not have had if I dropped them at an early stage.they normally only do one monthly prize draw questionairre and the others are all cash.
  • inneed
    • 30th Apr 11, 8:17 PM
    • 30th Apr 11, 8:17 PM
    I signed up with them about a month ago, and the only surveys they have sent me offer entry into a prize draw and donation to charity!! I've not bothered with the last few they sent.
    Originally posted by bellkat
    Yes, that's all I've had. I think I will give them a little longer, and see what occurs.
    Thanks both.
    Always look on the bright side of life ....la la la la la la la la
  • f1re_cr4cker
    • 30th Apr 11, 8:47 PM
    • 30th Apr 11, 8:47 PM
    u need to go into your account area to pick up surveys ive only been with them a week and am almost at a £10 voucher!
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 16th May 11, 9:55 AM
    • 7,514 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 16th May 11, 9:55 AM
    • 16th May 11, 9:55 AM
    I joined yesterday, took the first survey offered from their site, spent over half an hour on it, completed the survey, just completed the profiling questions at the end and it said I was screened out!

Not impressed. Shan't be continuing unless they tell me it was an error and credit me.
    • MikeR71
    • By MikeR71 16th May 11, 11:31 AM
    • 3,706 Posts
    • 4,366 Thanks
    MikeR71
    • 16th May 11, 11:31 AM
    • 16th May 11, 11:31 AM
    I had a similar problem. I joined last week. I entered my details and was told there is a survey for me worth 150 points. It was long and boring, but at the end of it I was told that I will be entered in a prize draw!!!!!! so the 150 points were never added.

I did send them and email for explanation but I don't expect a reply. I think they are just thieves.
  • funnyguy
    • 16th May 11, 4:03 PM
    • 16th May 11, 4:03 PM
    Surprised people ae having such problems with them.They emailed mr today to say I had reached my next £20 target[Though new members must reach £25] ,and asking me how I wanted to be paid.I have never had probs. with their surveys and only do the cash payment ones.
  • cornish.chick
    • 16th May 11, 7:20 PM
    • 16th May 11, 7:20 PM
    I've been with them for about a year now. I'm finding surveys are coming few and far between at the moment, but they do pay so I stick at it, even if it does take me longer to reach payout!
    Making money for christmas 2012
  • nehpets81
    I had a similar problem. I joined last week. I entered my details and was told there is a survey for me worth 150 points. It was long and boring, but at the end of it I was told that I will be entered in a prize draw!!!!!! so the 150 points were never added.

I did send them and email for explanation but I don't expect a reply. I think they are just thieves.
    Originally posted by MikeR71
    I think they always enter you in a prize draw, you should also have received some points. Was there a screen afterwards about donating to charity?
    • ex-dmp
    • By ex-dmp 17th May 11, 4:37 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    ex-dmp

Originally posted by MikeR71
    I too recently joined to add to my list of surveys I do. The only points I have rec'd is the initial 150 points for my first survey, all the rest have been for prize draws with an option to donate to charity.

To check your points you need to log on to their website and check your survey history, in mine I have 150 points for the first but a dash for all the rest. I have sent an email to ask why I only getting prize draw surveys
    • MikeR71
    • By MikeR71 17th May 11, 4:56 PM
    • 3,706 Posts
    • 4,366 Thanks
    MikeR71
    I think they always enter you in a prize draw, you should also have received some points. Was there a screen afterwards about donating to charity?
    Originally posted by nehpets81
    I too recently joined to add to my list of surveys I do. The only points I have rec'd is the initial 150 points for my first survey, all the rest have been for prize draws with an option to donate to charity.

To check your points you need to log on to their website and check your survey history, in mine I have 150 points for the first but a dash for all the rest. I have sent an email to ask why I only getting prize draw surveys
    Originally posted by ex-dmp
    Thanks both. I checked again after logging in and I have the 150 points now. The message about prize draw confused me.

Anyway, I too have a had a few invites from them to do surveys for prize draw entry. I genuinely don't believe there is a proze draw or I will ever win one even if there is. So I only do surveys that give me credit.
  • ashtonluke
    I must admit to having had a different experience with Opinion World. I registered on Tuesday and have today just withdrawn my first £10 to my Paypal account. I find that if I log in around 9 in the morning, there is normally at least one survey that will be brought up. I just potter through them whilst working (it helps to be quiet at the moment!). I would advise just logging in and persisting and they are the best one i've used so far.
    • Silvercloud
    • By Silvercloud 6th Sep 11, 10:36 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Silvercloud
    Well I've been with them about 6 weeks,started 50 surveys,completed 20 and been given points for...1!(The initial survey).Lots of entries for the mysterious "prize draws" though...

I can't understand how some appear to be raking in the points/cash and others are getting zilch.No matter,I'm tired of being promised points only to be told at the end I've been entered in a "prize draw",I've just about had it with Opinion World.
  • clemmatis
    I've been a member of Opinion World for years -- literally years. When I joined they only had prize surveys, I suppose people just stopped doing them -- I did -- so they brought in points. But I've only ever had one payout, because I get screened out of most of the very few points ones they send me.

I'm just not very interested in them now, they're possibly the worst site for me.
  • ashtonluke
    Further to my post above, since mid-May, I have had withdrawn £70 in cash through the surveys straight to my paypal account. I find that I have days when I am screened out of most surveys but on other days I can accumulate quite a lot of points in not much time at all.
    Survey Earnings saved towards Christmas 2011: £35 and counting!
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 25th Oct 16, 12:50 PM
    • 8,807 Posts
    • 21,100 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi everyone

The guide this discussion is linked from will be linked to from our weekly email this week.

Reply below and let us know your experiences with Opinion World
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 3rd Nov 16, 6:50 PM
    • 35,457 Posts
    • 232,429 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Worth the effort if you happen to win the £5,000 prize draw.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5550916
    • purplevamp
    • By purplevamp 4th Nov 16, 12:05 AM
    • 7,396 Posts
    • 358,184 Thanks
    purplevamp
    I've given up with this one. For the time and effort you put in to the surveys just on the chance you'll win is not worth it for me. They used to pay something for some of the surveys but I only get the prize draw ones now, so don't bother.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £131,937.44 Mar 2038
    MFW #28 £1100/£3,000

Swagbucks ~ £315 (2016 ~ £340)
    Surveys ~ £268.10 (2016 ~ £407.55)
    PTC, etc ~ $301.51 (2016 ~ $696.89)

“Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” ~ Princess Leia

Money's money my little honey! A rich man's jokes are always funny
    • monz
    • By monz 4th Nov 16, 9:22 AM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 8,567 Thanks
    monz
    I love this. Just won the quarterly draw and this is going to help me big time. I get about £20 a month on surveys minimum too x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016)
    house deposit £6,356.28/10,000
    mums xmas vouchers boots 50/50 sisters xmas vouchers topshop 30/30 Dads xmas voucher amazon (surveys) 30/30
    holiday - £540.43/1064.72
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

344Posts Today

2,576Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin