Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > Letter from Hillside Services (Page 2)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Letter from Hillside Services
Closed Thread
Views: 53,851
# 21
gabrielle
Old 26-09-2007, 11:53 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTF View Post
I received a letter from Hillside Services limited addressed to 'The Occupier' saying that there is a message waiting for me and that I should phone the number on the letter, quote a code and listen to it.

I put the companies name into google and it seems to be a debt recovery agency. I have no credit problems at all but the previous owner of my flat did (I have owned this for 3 years) - I keep getting 'consolidate your loan' letters and last year the council sent one saying that they would set a debt recovery agency on the previous owner if a library book wasnt returned (a quick phone call sorted that out).

Has anyone heard of this company and should I call the number on Monday or just leave it? I am tempted to call just to see what its about to be honest.
My mother received such a letter,I phoned them direct to their switch board on 01484722995 they wanted my name and phone number so they could phone me back which i refused,i dug my heels in and got a bit stroppy and eventually spoke to someone.They disguise themselves as a messenger service,i accused them of being a debt collecting agency and after a while they said they were a financial service company.I gave them the reference number on their form,and the name they were looking for was someone elses.They were fishing the area,looking for someone. When you phone them block your own number,don't be affraid to give them their reference number,and you will then find out what they are looking for.Never give out any personal details. They promised to take my mothers address off their system.

Last edited by gabrielle; 26-09-2007 at 12:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gabrielle For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 22
rog2
Old 26-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle View Post
They promised to take my mothers address off their system.
I hope they do, gabrielle.

It is amazing that debt collection agencies have the 'front' to justify their existence as an indespensible part of the Financial Services Industry, yet they feel the need to stoop to what is nothing short of deceipt in carrying out their 'function'.
I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
# 23
AL007
Old 31-01-2008, 9:34 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Question Hillside Services Limited has moved

I received a yellow letter yesterday addressed to "The Occupier" from Hillside - their new address is : Clifton House, Clifton Mills, Brighouse, West Yorkshire HD6 4JJ. New Phone number 01484 475833

I have now phoned them 5 times this morning and am still getting voicemail so have left them my ref number and said they should write to me as they obviously dont want to talk to me.

Two interesting points -

1. The person who used to own the property where I live still insists on picking up a lot of post (incl credit card bills still addressed to my address) - the other day he picked up his post and for some reason wheel spinned off in his car (Must have been in quite a rush!)

2. On Saturday the 26th Jan 2008 I went to get muy Birtish Gas refund cashed at The HSBC - However they dont do it on a Saturday so I went to one of those Cheque Cashing places you find in the High Street these days and cashed it there.
By Monday I received this mystery letter from Hillside.
# 24
Willsnarf1983
Old 31-01-2008, 9:43 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL007 View Post
I received a yellow letter yesterday addressed to "The Occupier" from Hillside - their new address is : Clifton House, Clifton Mills, Brighouse, West Yorkshire HD6 4JJ. New Phone number 01484 475833

I have now phoned them 5 times this morning and am still getting voicemail so have left them my ref number and said they should write to me as they obviously dont want to talk to me.

Two interesting points -

1. The person who used to own the property where I live still insists on picking up a lot of post (incl credit card bills still addressed to my address) - the other day he picked up his post and for some reason wheel spinned off in his car (Must have been in quite a rush!)

2. On Saturday the 26th Jan 2008 I went to get muy Birtish Gas refund cashed at The HSBC - However they dont do it on a Saturday so I went to one of those Cheque Cashing places you find in the High Street these days and cashed it there.
By Monday I received this mystery letter from Hillside.
Tell the previous owner to get stuffed, tell him he has 1 week to sort out a redirection from the post office and any post that u recieve after that will be returned to sender....i'm amazed how patient u have been!

Will
SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
# 25
AL007
Old 31-01-2008, 10:32 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Thanks for that

I have just spoken to Hillside - they only open at 9.30 am - I eventually got through to "Jordan" - she at first called me Mr Guest and said thankyou for phoning and that she had just been trying to phone me back as she had picked up my number. I replied "My name isnt Mr Guest - i never told you my name and you cant have my phone number becuase im phoning from a private phone number!"

By this time she had obviously bought up the ref no on her computer and she asked me if i lived in this flat - I said yes - she said they were looking for Mrs Ababdoajj (African name possibly or invented?) I said no as far as I was aware they had never lived at my address - she asked me if my next door neighbour was called this - i said no - trying to get some honest answers from her i told her my name and the previous owner of the flat but she just said thankyou for your help and thankyou for phoning.

Whether theyre trying to stop some Nigerian Internet scam or they re just fishing for who lives in the flat now I dont know - but I have to say that I would prefer companies like this to be honest - if for some reason I have inadvertently forgotten to pay a debt or (when my bank card and cheque book were stolen over 4 years ago ) someone else has racked up a debt in my name then I would rather them tell me now then waiting four or five months for some bailiff to turn up demanding menaces :confused:

Concerning the old owner of the flat I will take your advice and email him today to get his mail redirected
# 26
RAS
Old 31-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Al

Please do tell the previous owner that all mail that arrives in his name will be returned to sender after one week elapses.

Also have you checked that he is not still on the electoral roll for your address?

Seriously, you are laying yourself open to questioning about complicity in any scam that he is indulging in, or haressment by creditors if he defaults on anything.
The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
# 27
Acen
Old 23-08-2008, 12:45 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Here today gone tomorrow. Ignore everything from this company!

My brother recieved a letter but this time with his details on. Now he does have some debts with the banks but he has arranged a paying off plan with them. So no real reason for these people (I use that very loosely) to send him a letter. If you feel like calling them up here's there details.

Few facts here everyone you should take onboard. 1) The email address below isnt corporate in anyway 2) there website tracingonline - is just a a load of flower pictures. CSA registered or not. The company feels very much like a here today/gone tomorrow shoddy debt collecting business.

Hillside Services Ltd

Clifton House
Clifton Mills
Bailiff Bridge
Brighouse
HD6 4JJ

Phone: 01484 722995
Fax: 01484 723016
Email: hillsideservices@aol.com
Link: www.tracingonline.co.uk
Service: AGJMT
Area: UK
Region: NE
Type: Full
The Following User Says Thank You to Acen For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 28
crashedquattro
Old 15-09-2008, 7:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Hillside messengers

Well it looks like i am lucky enough to be in the club to get letters from hillside. I dont intend to call, and will wait and see what their next course of action is. Got a feeling its to do with an alleged debt to barclaycard which which I was pursed for by Lowell Portfolio earlier this year, I used all the templates from this site and got them to drop it and apologise to me. I have never been informed by anyone that I owe Barclaycard any money, and closed my account with them in 1998. Dont know what these scum bags are upto but they wont get any joy. How persitent do hillside get?? Will I have to start sendings letters to them as well.

Crashedquattro
# 29
RAS
Old 15-09-2008, 7:44 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I would be more inclined to report both Lowell and hillside to the OFt and Fo for haressment.
The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
# 30
karinelleno
Old 11-10-2008, 8:06 AM
MoneySaving Convert

My hubby got a letter from Hillside today, after reading this I don't think we will call them. If they had anything decent to say then they can write to him properly!
** Karin **
# 31
westy6711
Old 29-10-2008, 10:31 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I received a letter from hillside messengers today, to my maiden name.

I called them. They are basically a company that go under an unassuming name to get you to ring, so they can gather your recent details on behalf of company's you owe money to. (so if you owe money on a loan and move, its to get your new address, telephone number etc)

They put the "Please be assured we are not a sales company, nor is out phone number charged at a premium rate" so you ring them and confirm your new address.

They arent a scam, just being sneaky so people that you owe money to can track you down.
# 32
rich_finch
Old 05-12-2008, 10:41 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Unhappy

Hi everyone,

my wife has received two letters from this company. One was to our old address and the other was received today to our recent recent address. My wife tried phoning them and she just gets a voicemail "05 services" or something or other.

Are these people debt collectors then? Should she keep trying to contact them?

getting worried now as I'm not sure what its for.

Thanks in advance for your help.
# 33
Peekay32
Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoy View Post
I've had some similar postcards lately, last week it was a 'parcel delivery service' who, when I rang them, were interested in locating a 'John B' who they said it was addressed to. We have had many letters & callers asking if we know this 'John'. The personal callers seem to think he lives next door (which he doesn't). I do know my neighbour has a history of debt, but other than that he's a nice guy - but I'm fed up of being grilled by people as to who lives there.
They're tracing agents and/or private investigators (poor ones at that).
# 34
rich_finch
Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 PM
MoneySaving Convert

thanks for your reply, should my wife get in contact with them then??

Does anyone know what companies they might work for? All we can think of is maybe there working on behalf of Natwest as my wife owes them some money but has been paying them a fixed amount for a while now. Would these people work on behalf of a big company like Natwest though?
# 35
Peekay32
Old 06-12-2008, 12:51 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_finch View Post
thanks for your reply, should my wife get in contact with them then??

Does anyone know what companies they might work for? All we can think of is maybe there working on behalf of Natwest as my wife owes them some money but has been paying them a fixed amount for a while now. Would these people work on behalf of a big company like Natwest though?
They'd possibly work on behalf of a company who has bought debt, but regardless, b*llocks to them, the burden of proof should be on them to prove someone's residency and not the other way round.
# 36
rich_finch
Old 06-12-2008, 9:59 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi,

My wife has just phoned Natwest and they say that the debt is no longer with them and is now with a third party but cannot say who, which I think is stupid.

So the Hillside services must be working for that third party I guess.

Does anyone know who Natwest might normally use as a debt collector? so we could call them directly.
# 37
rich_finch
Old 06-12-2008, 10:53 AM
MoneySaving Convert

can anyone help at all? thanks
# 38
sneekyguy
Old 21-08-2009, 8:26 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

there real address is traceandconnect . co . uk remove the spaces
# 39
Helen42
Old 10-09-2009, 3:43 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Got one from hillside today, phoned them and challenged them about what their website says they said all that is written on here is lies i asked them why they havent defended themselves against what has been written on the intenet about them she said they are a confidential messanging company and she hung up

Pasted below is what their website reads

Hillside Messengers.

Hillside Messengers lead the way in reuniting you with your relatives, old friends or ex-colleagues.

Hillside Messengers low cost service gives you the opportunity to catch up and discuss the 'good old days' with someone you haven't seen for a while.

Call 01484 475826 or e-mail Hillside Messengers to find out how we can help you.
# 40
bettsie
Old 17-09-2009, 10:36 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry hillside services

i had a telephone call asking my son to call hillside services as they had been given my number as a contact no,. the persons name was richard gibson i called but could not speak to him as he was on the phone i asked the girl who they were and she said they were a company who pass on confidential messages my son does not stay at my home and hasnt done for over six years can they callmy home like this when he doesnt live here and is not on the electrol register or anything attached to the address:confused: the phone number i have is 01484475826 be aware i have noticed in the forum they use a lot of differant numbers

Last edited by bettsie; 17-09-2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: put phone number in
Closed Thread