Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    moomoominx
    0 WOW
    Welcome cottages - cancellations?
    • 26th Apr 11, 11:35 AM
    0 WOW
    Welcome cottages - cancellations? 26th Apr 11 at 11:35 AM
    we had booked a weeks break at a cottage for the end of july through welcome cottages - with a deposit of 25.00 - and we have had to cancel now due to other commitments - we have been told that we will now have to pay 225.00 to cancel the holiday - as per the small print - and the usual deposit? the holiday was 650.00 and i think this is a little harsh as they have plenty of time to re-book it out - having talked to them they have said that if we dont pay this we will be taken to court - or we have to book another break and pay them another 51.00 admin fees to do so - ive explained i dont want to book something for next year and they said fine we will take you to court! im just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them and if they really do take you to court? things happen and i wouldnt of cancelled giving them 3 1/2 MONTHS NOTICE if i hadnt needed to - yes i could book again but i JUST WANT TO CANCEL ! arghhhh - so do i book for next year OR just think sod it - take me to court? thanks in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,493Posts Today

7,413Users online

Martin's Twitter