Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Savings & Investments > ISAs & Tax-free Savings > Nationwide e-ISA acc. no. and sort code? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Nationwide e-ISA acc. no. and sort code?
Closed Thread
Views: 10,625
# 1
foofi22
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Nationwide e-ISA acc. no. and sort code?

Hi

I've opened a Halifax Direct Reward ISA today with the intention of transferring an ISA from elsewhere (I've already used up my allowance for this year)

I want to transfer from my Nationwide e-ISA however I can't find the account number and sort code for this account. If I phone NW will they provide this information for me? Or can I find it out online?

Thanks
# 2
nursebill57
Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Not particularly aware of an eisa having it's own separate sort code apart from the one that is given when you open the flexaccount current account(which you need to open the eisa in the first place).The account number isn't given fully online but will be on the paperwork sent to you when opening the eisa.If Halifax is wanting an account number and sort code give them these - not sure if Nationwide would give that kind of information out over the phone(especially for an account that's supposed to be managed online).Give it a try anyway,be interested to hear how you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to nursebill57 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
foofi22
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well they did give me the account number over the phone 0855/xxxxxxxxx and a sort code (although the sort code is a generic one).

The account number doesn't 'fit' in the 8 characters on the Halifax form. But oh well I'll put it in and it should be fairly obvious as I'm sure I'm not the first to transfer from NW to the Halifax!

Edit - I also intend to transfer my Flexible ISA from Santander into Halifax, thankfully this shows the account number and sort code online.

Last edited by foofi22; 05-04-2011 at 1:03 PM.
# 4
Lokolo
Old 05-04-2011, 1:09 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Yep don't worry about it not fitting. My transfer from Aldmore had a 6 digit account number and no sort code! (although the transfer hasn't completed yet and it has been 2 weeks eek)
You only live once so make the most of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokolo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
david78
Old 05-04-2011, 1:15 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

This information is in the e-ISA user guide (the PDF file you can download from the Nationwide site). Its under the section on setting up a standing order to pay into the e-ISA account. (You can pay into the account by Standing order from any account, including non-Nationwide accounts, but you can only do internal "transfers" from the card account you used to qualify you to open the account in the first place).

Here you are:

Sort code: 070093.
Account number: 33333334 (8 digits)
Account reference: xxxx/xxxxxxxxx (4 digits before and 9 digits after the slash)

But if you just put the reference number on the new provider's transfer form, I am sure Nationwide will know what account it is (unless you have two e-ISA's they can work it out from your NI number which your new provider will forward to them).

Last edited by david78; 05-04-2011 at 1:20 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to david78 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread