Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Parking Eye Court Action
    • 27th Mar 11, 9:49 PM
    Parking Eye Court Action 27th Mar 11 at 9:49 PM

I posted this on another page but think it may be sensible to start it as a new thread.

I parked in a car park in October which had just been taken over by Parking Eye. It was on a Sunday and the cost of the car park was 5 for the day. I did not realise I had to pay as I was in a rush and had never had to pay previously on entering the car park. I did the exact same thing 2 weeks later as I had not received any correspondence from Parking Eye and was unaware I could not park for free.

I then received 2 letters from Parking Eye requesting payment of 60 with another 60 on top of this if I did not pay within 14 days. I looked on this website as well as others and was happy to see that nobody ever gets taken to court. The advice on the BBC Watchdog site also backed this up so I ignored the letters. I then received another 4 letters which I was expecting (as explained elsewhere on this site) so did not worry and ignored again.

I have now been sent a court summons from Northampton County Court saying I now owe the amount claimed + court fees and solicitors costs with a response pack. This gives me 5 options:

Admit the amount I owe
    Admit part of the amount I owe
    Dispute the whole claim
    Request 28 days to respond to the claim
    Do Nothing

I am as shocked as everybody else and I am still panicking a little, my mum thinks I should just pay it as I do not want to get a CCJ but I want to fight it.

Please can this be taken seriously and somebody give me some real advice? I can give more details if needed and also prove what I have been sent from the court.

Thank you.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,147Posts Today

8,937Users online

Martin's Twitter