Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fingerbob7
    • By fingerbob7 24th Mar 11, 4:07 PM
    • 100Posts
    • 50Thanks
    fingerbob7
    Shiply is shockingly bad!
    • 24th Mar 11, 4:07 PM
    Shiply is shockingly bad! 24th Mar 11 at 4:07 PM
    I used Shiply to try to get a good deal on a courier collection of an ebay item from Wales to London. What a mistake! It has been the most stressful experience. Firstly once you accept a price you have to pay a deposit, before you've even spoken to the courier. In my case it was £7 for the courier and a whopping £10 fee for Shiply. On their website their fee is not mentioned. Then, the courier who's price I accepted turned out not to be able to do my dates and was very incommunicative. I haven't been able to get a refund, and Shiply's customer services seem to be run by one Vietnamese guy who takes 24 hours to answer. There is no contact phone number. It's been a nightmare from start to finish. I have sent over 15 emails and can't get my money back. I just keep getting standard replies, saying I am not entitle to a refund, and only the odd personalized one that doesn't answer my query and gives me links that don't work. This has been going on for a week. In the end I gave up and have paid full wack to a normal courier company, Dex's Midnight Runners - cool name! who are extremely efficient and do what they say they will on time. But I am still persuing this as a matter of principal.

Other van bidding websites, like Anyvan are much better. They don't charge a fee and you can speak to a human who resolves problems quickly.

Avoid Shiply at all costs!!!
    Last edited by fingerbob7; 24-03-2011 at 4:09 PM.
Page 4
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 30th Nov 16, 3:03 PM
    • 555 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    Shiply spamming today 4 posts all been reported oops
    Originally posted by Antispam
    Lets not be mean to each other there really is no need, we should have a group hug instead.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 30th Nov 16, 4:56 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    I have always had a great service when using Shiply, so everyone please be nice x
    Originally posted by fleshandbone
    Can you give some examples please? And I am being nice - reference your later post!
    • Dolce123
    • By Dolce123 16th Dec 16, 7:51 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Dolce123
    Hi, The same thing has happened to me. the courier who's bid i accepted ...never communicated with me after initially accepting it.
    Shiply said that I should put the £10 deposit paid towards another job/courier. I have emailed them a couple of times asking for the £10 deposit back and like you received no response. This was about 2yrs+ ago. really annoying that I have basically given them £10 of my hard earned cash!! I am so busy that I haven't been able to pursue it,
    Glad you found someone to do the job in the end.
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 16th Dec 16, 1:31 PM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    Oh No, where are they?
    Keen to read these pro Shipley posts but they are all gone?
    Was it something that they said?
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
    • scorpy3
    • By scorpy3 19th Dec 16, 10:11 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    scorpy3
    I've used Shiply 3 times now.Each time I've had a very competitive quote followed by a good service. The most recent was the collection of a moped from Merseyside to be delivered to Tyneside. Cost £88 of which, £18 went to Shiply for arranging the quote and the remainder went to the courier. I kept the couriers contact details and will contact them direct in future, Using Shiply worked for me and I have recommended the service in the past. A double bonus for me as I bought the moped without viewing and it exceeded my expectations when it arrived. I realise that this post is likely to be seen as spam because it is my first post.
    • Mauzau
    • By Mauzau 24th Mar 17, 3:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mauzau
    Anyvan is a trick
    Yes Shipley charge a small fee, but with anyvan the transporters get conned, when they bid for example £238.00 on a delivery, but on the clients side it will show £548.00 the transporter only gets £238.00 while the site gets almost 100% in other words there fee is over £200.00
    Is it fair that a software company pumping google makes almost the same amount as the transporter without doing any of the work?
    • Mauzau
    • By Mauzau 24th Mar 17, 3:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mauzau
    You work for Anyvan
    Obviously!!
    • dirkkelly
    • By dirkkelly 14th Apr 17, 11:32 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dirkkelly
    Shocked
    Had my first bad experience with Shiply and a courier who collected an item then went incommunicado for nearly three weeks before trying to deliver a £2000 sideboard which he had damaged.

What I will say is that Shiply are as much help to you when things go wrong as a chocolate teapot is to tea making.

The line they trot out is:

We act purely as a neutral venue through which users and transport providers can meet and enter into their own agreements. We are not involved in any of the actual transactions which take place and so are unable to get involved in any disputes or issues which may arise as a result of the contracts you choose to enter into with.

Which doesn't help anyone. When I enquired if the courier was still active on their system they replied yes, he's been taking bookings today. They've failed to reply to my last email asking why on earth they're still allowing someone to take bookings when his service is poor.

Will avoid using them in the future.
    • katemore
    • By katemore 6th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    katemore
    Anyvan shiply are freaking expensive. Movesavers charges about 10% fee, but they have less movers bids take a bit longer but it is worth it I think.
    • jerry shepherd
    • By jerry shepherd 30th Oct 17, 9:14 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jerry shepherd
    I have experienced the pain of using Shiply, arranged for a collection of a motorcycle, only for it to disappear along with the courier.
    People need to avoid using this company at all costs, they clearly do not carry out any form of robust checks.
    This matter is now in the hands of 2 police forces!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

293Posts Today

1,499Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin