Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    jpmw
    Releasing Cash from Pension Early
    • 23rd Mar 11, 5:49 PM
    Releasing Cash from Pension Early 23rd Mar 11 at 5:49 PM
    Hi,

I'm after a little bit of advice and I know its probably going to be frowned upon but would appreciate any info from any one who knows none the less.

I have a local government pension with a CETV of around 29,000 - (I'm waiting for exact figure from the provider.)

I need to get my hands on some cash fairly urgently and have exhausted all other avenues - I have been advised that I could tranfer into a private pension and release around 7% of the value of the pension - unfortunately that is not enough cash.

I am 40 years old, a full time mature student - so I am not paying into the scheme any longer and I will not be returning to a local governmen position so I'm happy with moving it to an private scheme despite having to retire a little later.

Does anyone know how I could release slightly more from the pension - Ideally im looking to release around 5,000 to 7,000.

Any help woiuld be greatfully recieved.

Thank You

JPMW
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

683Posts Today

4,405Users online

Martin's Twitter