Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    To-poor
    Why you cant trustatrader.com
    • 20th Mar 11, 6:07 PM
    Why you cant trustatrader.com 20th Mar 11 at 6:07 PM
    This website supposedly contains a directory of vetted and referenced tradesmen that you can trust. Ive used two traders from this website both picked by me because of the high standard of onsite recommnedations from previous customers and had bad experiences with both.

I wondered if I was unlucky but after trying to leave feedback regarding my bad experiences Ive since realised that not all references are published!

If you leave a positive review it gets posted straight onto the site but negative reviews are not unless "investigated".

I left two frank and accurate reviews detailing the bad workmanship and service I experienced from NA Carpentry and Aqua PH plumbling neither of which have been published.

I have spoken at length with [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] the owner of the site and explained fully the extent of my experiences with these tradesmen and the reviews are still not viewable.

In a token effort and after a lot of pressure, my review of NA Carpentry appeared on the site and was heavily edited to just three words "Do Not Use". Unsurpisingly Andy of NA Carpentry then performed a job for free and received a glowing reference which appeared on the site making a joke of the damage he caused to my property and the review I left.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] is well aware of the damage caused by NA Carpentry and went so far as to refund the money I paid to them yet he still wont publish my feedback to stop other customers making the same mistake I did?

I have contacted Trustatrader several times to enquire as to why my reviews have not been published and have never received a satisfactory response.

Imagine if ebay only published positive reviews of members who ripped off others.
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 01-07-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: pending investigation
Page 4
    • ardeshirg
    • By ardeshirg 9th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ardeshirg
    Do not trust this company at all. Anybody could advertise through them, they do not check the trader's works at all. He has used this term trust trader to mislead people and to get money out of it. A while ago I chose a trader through them, it was a nightmare. He was rubbish at his job. Nothing he did was right. At the end, he took the tiles that I had bought and run away. When I left an honest and bad review he refused to post it for 3-4 weeks. He eventually did post it just because I kept phoning him and threaten him to take legal action. My review published behind a few good review (possibly false). I went to his web site and I could leave a good review for anybody and it got published immediately ( without being employed). Any body could leave a false good review for any trader. Majority of the good reviews done by friend and family etc. Please do not use this web site at all. When I hear their advertisement from the radio it make me sick.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,710Posts Today

9,024Users online

Martin's Twitter