Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Ally E.
    Housing benefits change with boyfriend moving in
    • #1
    • 18th Mar 11, 11:07 PM
    Housing benefits change with boyfriend moving in 18th Mar 11 at 11:07 PM
    Hi, my boyfriend is moving in with me in my shared accommodation. I am on housing benefits now and would like to know how this situation will be affecting my benefits. He's moving in, but won't be paying rent, as can't afford atm. He's working 12.5 hours a month and gets paid 800 post tax. I work less than 15 hours as well and get paid around 250. I want to notify the council of the change in circumstances, but the only change is that he's name will be officially on council tax bill, i won't be getting financial support from him, if anything I will be paying the rent on my own. Any advice what to expect from the benefits office?
    Last edited by Ally E.; 18-03-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,466Posts Today

7,601Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. I'm on my way to @itvthismorning to talk the top 10 holiday hacks - hidden tips to slash costs while on your holidays

  • RT @JulianClary: CILLA BLACK ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART via @YouTube

  • Surprised at a few nasty replies re cilla. The respectful thing when someone dies is say nice or say nowt. Grieving relatives may be reading

  • Follow Martin