Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    chinna
    59 year old failed 2nd medical for ESA after passing first....
    • 17th Mar 11, 11:40 PM
    59 year old failed 2nd medical for ESA after passing first.... 17th Mar 11 at 11:40 PM
    Hi,
    My dad got a letter today after his Atos medical assesment last week and scored 0. Last year he scored 20. He has severe arthritis and walks with a walking stick. So his ESA will stop from today.

I went with my dad last week for the assesment has my dad does not speak english and I was told that I could not go in with him as a interperter had been booked and there was not enough space in the room, even though we did not request an interperter and also I had taken a day off work to translate for him. The recepionist was very rude and it came across as if they had planned for me to not go in as my dad stated in his form that I would be coming with him. Eventually after a long chat they let me go with him.

I just wanted to share this experience and get advice to the best way to make my dads appeal as he his in shock, through a solicitor etc. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by chinna; 17-03-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,904Posts Today

6,083Users online

Martin's Twitter