Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bgscotty
    Argos won't refund money for UNOPENED digital camera
    • 5th Mar 11, 2:08 PM
    Argos won't refund money for UNOPENED digital camera 5th Mar 11 at 2:08 PM
    Hi folks,

I'd be grateful for advice....

I bought a new digital camera as a gift from Argos, but my friend already received one.

I took the unopened box and receipt back to the store to get a refund within their 30 day policy, but I was told digital cameras are not covered.

The camera and accessories are in the unopened packaging. I can understand if the camera had been opened.

I'd be grateful to know where I stand with regards getting a refund.

Thank you.

Here is the extract from the Argos website (video games can be returned if the packaging is unopened):
    If I change my mind...

Within 30 days
    • Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so just return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and we’ll give you a refund.
    • If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have a proof of purchase we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers.
    • To protect your personal security, we are also unable to accept returns on some non-faulty imaging and recording products such as MP3 players and digital cameras.
    • Please note all video games consoles are excluded from the Argos 30 day money back guarantee. Please ensure you read the specification on the box before installation. We also cannot accept back video gaming software under our 30 day money back guarantee if the plastic wrapping has been unsealed – this does not affect your statutory rights
    • Our 30-day money-back guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here, we might as well DANCE !!!"
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,645Posts Today

6,612Users online

Martin's Twitter