Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 13th Feb 11, 2:54 PM
    • 35,611 Posts
    • 31,762 Thanks
    • 13th Feb 11, 2:54 PM
    • 13th Feb 11, 2:54 PM
    I would phone the optician who dispensed them and ask if they are aware of anything. I know many opticians collect old pairs of glasses for re-use in the 3rd world.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Cutting Tax; Charities; Small Biz & Charity Organisers; and Silver Savers boards, which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. However, do remember, Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts.

Any views are mine and are not the official line of

New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?

Now knitting on holiday, more relaxing than I anticipated!
    • horseykitty
    • By horseykitty 13th Feb 11, 4:42 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 438 Thanks
    • 13th Feb 11, 4:42 PM
    • 13th Feb 11, 4:42 PM
    Couldn't you sell them yourself on eBay and then donate the money to charity?
    • nedmundo
    • By nedmundo 15th Feb 11, 8:20 PM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    • 15th Feb 11, 8:20 PM
    • 15th Feb 11, 8:20 PM
    They can only legally sold under the direction of a registered optician. Might be worth asking your optician if they would be of any use in return for some credit towards some specs?
    Beware the character seeking personal gain masquerading as a moral crusader.
    • facingthefuture
    • By facingthefuture 16th Feb 11, 1:09 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 540 Thanks
    • 16th Feb 11, 1:09 AM
    • 16th Feb 11, 1:09 AM
    What strength and type are they?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,252Posts Today

6,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Starting to get pumped up about the Davis cup - go GB!!! Come on Murrays

• RT @StigAbell: Protestors today shouting "no more wars". It would be lovely if life were as simple as that.

• RT @Stressed_Eric72: @MartinSLewis Well on that basis you'll end the series on a high note.

• Follow Martin