Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Freebies (no spend required) > Free sample USB pen drive (Probably) (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Free sample USB pen drive (Probably)
Views: 9,174
# 1
WOW Factor 0
gratis_grimace
Old 09-11-2006, 8:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Free sample USB pen drive (Probably)

Free sample USB pen drive (Probably if were lucky)
http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk/usbpendrive/

Last edited by gratis_grimace; 09-11-2006 at 9:40 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gratis_grimace For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
DesperateMum
Old 09-11-2006, 8:34 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

It's a free sample of your design on a USB pen drive and you have to buy a minimum of 50 !!
The Following User Says Thank You to DesperateMum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
gratis_grimace
Old 09-11-2006, 9:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Excuse me, it doesn't say anything about having to purchase 50, it says free example. And don't call me a dumb Brit, I was just posting a freebie for the masses. What kind of company sends you one free example as an incentive to make you buy thier stuff AFTER you have ordered 50+, yeah a real bonus aint it?
Maybe I was being polite, maybe I should have added: Just another dumb know it all MSE poster who doesn't understand FREE

Last edited by gratis_grimace; 09-11-2006 at 9:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gratis_grimace For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
GoofyGAT
Old 09-11-2006, 9:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

It says, "Free sample available of your design on a Pen Drive" - only the design is free.

They'll most probably send an empty plastic/metallic case the size & shape of a pen drive with your design on it - there aint gonna be any memory in it. OP, I think you should edit your post's title & content to reflect this, as most people are going to get the wrong idea . G

Last edited by GoofyGAT; 09-11-2006 at 9:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoofyGAT For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
jonnym
Old 09-11-2006, 9:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

well, my USB drive has adhesive tape around it at the moment, so I reckon if they send me one with thats just a shell, I'll try to doctor it up with my current one...

Thanks OP, I see A LOT worse in the way of "freebies" on this site than that...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonnym For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
chuckles1066
Old 09-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnym
well, my USB drive has adhesive tape around it at the moment, so I reckon if they send me one with thats just a shell, I'll try to doctor it up with my current one...

well 50 x 32mb flash drives (the bare minimum available via this "freebie") comes in at 149.99.

If there's a worse "freebie" please post the link.

What a shocker!
The Following User Says Thank You to chuckles1066 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
mick_uk
Old 10-11-2006, 3:13 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnym

if this helps to stop any argument read this

Thank you for your recent request for a Free example of a branded USB pen drive with your company logo via our sister site CD-RMedia.co.uk.

DiscMakers Ltd are a leading UK optical disc/flash memory manufacturer.

Simply email us with your company logo and we will engrave a USB example immediately!

***Sample USB drives are for visual representation only, no internal flash memory is included.

so you will get your new shiny case BUT there is a charge of 10 p+p
The Following User Says Thank You to mick_uk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
00danny1212
Old 10-11-2006, 4:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert

This freebie may not be much use to most people in here but it is free so it should be in here and if you owned your own compony maybe it would be useful for you
The Following User Says Thank You to 00danny1212 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
DesperateMum
Old 11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratis_grimace
Excuse me, it doesn't say anything about having to purchase 50, it says free example. And don't call me a dumb Brit, I was just posting a freebie for the masses. What kind of company sends you one free example as an incentive to make you buy thier stuff AFTER you have ordered 50+, yeah a real bonus aint it?
Maybe I was being polite, maybe I should have added: Just another dumb know it all MSE poster who doesn't understand FREE
Well when I looked it didn't make it clear that you could just ask for 1 sample. Maybe I am being a bit dumb but when I clicked on quantity the minimum was 50 for the USB pen drives and the free sample was of the design which I pointed out - not to be rude just to make any other posters aware before thinking they had a link to a free USB pen.
The Following User Says Thank You to DesperateMum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
DesperateMum
Old 11-11-2006, 12:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

[QUOTE=paullj]

The OP indicated this might not be a freebie (the use of the word [Probably]) so I can't see any reason for the abuse.
QUOTE]

The OP originally stated it was a free USB pen not 'probably'.
# 11
userdefinable
Old 11-11-2006, 1:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

This funny tho, good potential freebie link but in reality they are somehow trying to make people pay £10 for empty plastic case with no memory, they must be targetting companies with a lot of money to throw away. These days you can get a 2gb flash drive for £25, hehe
The Following User Says Thank You to userdefinable For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
donna1987
Old 11-11-2006, 1:22 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperateMum
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratis_grimace
Well when I looked it didn't make it clear that you could just ask for 1 sample. Maybe I am being a bit dumb but when I clicked on quantity the minimum was 50 for the USB pen drives and the free sample was of the design which I pointed out - not to be rude just to make any other posters aware before thinking they had a link to a free USB pen.
Desperate Mum- i dont think any of the above messages were aimed at you, it was chuckles1066's messages that people were reacting to .
i think it was good of you to let people know that it appeared to you that you had to order 50 and you did so in such a polite manner. so don't worry i dont think anyone here thinks you were being rude in the slightest-just merely stating your observations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donna1987 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
thomas01155
Old 11-11-2006, 2:14 PM

cool thanks
# 14
purple-smartie
Old 11-11-2006, 4:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I havent ordered one but have a thanks anyway for taking the time to post the freebie. Hopefully it may be of use to some one
# 15
chuckles1066
Old 11-11-2006, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoCas
Whether the OP was mistaken or not, chuckles, your comment is unnecessary and offensive to him/her. Choose your words more carefully next time and be polite to ALL MSEers.

Furthermore, I think you should apologise the the OP.

It is your kind of reaction that puts the more timid MSEers off posting ... then we all lose out on freebies.
Whilst I disagree that what I said was "unnecessary" (today's namby-pamby society unfortunately has a lot less moral backbone than mine), I'll withdraw my comments and offer my apologies to the OP.

In my defence (and this is something all MSEers should be aware of before posting "bargains"), posts to this site get propogated onto other sites (http://www.bargainspy.co.uk being one of many examples).

It damages the reputation of this website if someone on an external website links to a "bargain" posted here only to find it's actually quite the opposite.

Just my 2 euros worth.
The Following User Says Thank You to chuckles1066 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
sindy
Old 11-11-2006, 5:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles1066
Whilst I disagree that what I said was "unnecessary" (today's namby-pamby society unfortunately has a lot less moral backbone than mine), I'll withdraw my comments and offer my apologies to the OP.

In my defence (and this is something all MSEers should be aware of before posting "bargains"), posts to this site get propogated onto other sites (http://www.bargainspy.co.uk being one of many examples).

It damages the reputation of this website if someone on an external website links to a "bargain" posted here only to find it's actually quite the opposite.

Just my 2 euros worth.
"Dumb brit" is/was unnecessary
Distant fields will always look greener.
Yet, golden opportunities are all around you
# 17
chuckles1066
Old 11-11-2006, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindy
"Dumb brit" is/was unnecessary
Well I maintain that, generally speaking, Brits are dumb, you maintain that they arent; shall we agree to disagree and draw this thread to a nice, peaceful end?
# 18
paullj
Old 15-11-2006, 7:21 AM
MoneySaving Convert

[QUOTE=DesperateMum
The OP originally stated it was a free USB pen not 'probably'.[/QUOTE]

Title of the post was

Free sample USB pen drive (Probably)

Enough said surely?
# 19
paullj
Old 15-11-2006, 7:23 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Talking Dumb ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles1066
Well I maintain that, generally speaking, Brits are dumb, you maintain that they arent; shall we agree to disagree and draw this thread to a nice, peaceful end?

Surely you mean "aren't" or "are not" !!
# 20
robellett
Old 15-11-2006, 9:14 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Please keep the bad attitude, rudeness and failure to appreciate others for the CSA's at Tescos, which they seem to prefer as their standard method of attack to RnR. (That is, some of them).

Don't take it out on each other. Respect is what I offer everybody and appreciate in return.