Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thelawnet
    • By thelawnet 28th Jan 11, 5:34 PM
    • 2,411Posts
    • 1,682Thanks
    thelawnet
    HYC/Help Your Claim - dodgy sounding cold callers 0161 8505451
    • 28th Jan 11, 5:34 PM
    HYC/Help Your Claim - dodgy sounding cold callers 0161 8505451 28th Jan 11 at 5:34 PM
    Just got a call from these people 'you might have heard in the news yesterday about payment protection insurance', and she wanted to know what credit cards I'd got and said they'd get back late payment fees, everythng. I said I had to go to pick my son up and could she give me a number to call back, but she wasn't keen and sad she'd call me back at 6pm.

Looks lke this lot.

http://helpyourclaim.com/
Page 3
  • MSfanatic
    Just had a call from this firm, although I may have missed calls from them before as the number rings a bell.

The guy started with the usual spiel about PPI which I interrupted to say that as a bankrupt I am not entitled to claim back any PPI as any funds raised should be claimed on behalf of myself by my creditors (as learnt by myself via MSE a few months ago).

While the caller was not rude or aggressive as other posters have said, he countered my bankrupt argument saying I was still entitled to claim back PPI on any loans I took out before my bankruptcy took place.

I pointed out that all of my loans were taken out before I petitioned for bankruptcy, and by lieu of the fact I was bankrupt I couldn't have applied for any loans after the court date; at this point he said that a Halifax loan in my name had completed in 2008 and I could claim that back because it was completed prior to the bankruptcy.

Now I don't know about this completion thing, but the fact that he knew the name of my loan provider, when it had completed and was calling me on a mobile phone number I had gotten at least 3 years after the BR alarms the hell out of me. How the frack does this company know such things? Are there people in the banks leaking such information??

I politely thanked him for his time and hung up.

I would like to ask one question though - was his claim that I was eligible to claim back the PPI because the loan was completed actually true? I suspect not, but wouldn't mind knowing for definite.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th Sep 14, 4:34 PM
    • 85,079 Posts
    • 50,104 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Now I don't know about this completion thing, but the fact that he knew the name of my loan provider, when it had completed and was calling me on a mobile phone number I had gotten at least 3 years after the BR alarms the hell out of me. How the frack does this company know such things? Are there people in the banks leaking such information??
    First thing is that PPI refunds on debts prior to bankruptcy are considered a pre bankruptcy asset. Only PPI paid after discharge would be yours.

Secured loan data is in the public domain (land registry). So, it doesnt take much to buy that sort of data. It doesnt tell them if you had PPI or not. Just that you had a secured debt with that lender.

was his claim that I was eligible to claim back the PPI because the loan was completed actually true?
    No. It was a lie and a breach of ministry of justice guidelines for claims companies.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
  • justwantedtoadd
    Just wanted to add I got a call from the same number while driving. Didn't answer, blocked it after seeing this thread.

Also on EE, and never even had a loan in my life.

Promptly registered with TPS and blocked it with mrnumber.
    • barryheffron
    • By barryheffron 22nd Sep 14, 11:23 AM
    • 383 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    barryheffron
    As above, i just had a call.
    The guy couldn't take no for an answer.
    Kept saying that he was fully trained in PPI claims and he knew how to get money i couldn't.
    I explained i was financially savvy enough to know what to do but he said he knew better!
    Told him that he had called my work number and he shouldn't have it but he said it was on their database.
    I asked him to remove it and he said he would but only after the call was over.
    I said i was at work and he was wasting my time but still he pushed on, telling em he wasn't wasting my time!
    eventually i told him again to remove my number and had to talk over him as he wouldn't shut up!
    Said good bye and hung up the phone.

The fact this is allowed is ridiculous and there needs to be more done about it.
    • Red Ant
    • By Red Ant 29th Jan 15, 12:46 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Red Ant
    These people are still at it. They called on a phone I'd fitted with a temporary SIM card I only got a week before Christmas for web browsing use only - so don't even know the number, let alone have given it out to anyone. As others have said, they would win prizes for non-stop talking, and when I challenged the size of the cut they take they insisted that I wouldn't get anything if I claimed myself.
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 4th Feb 15, 7:52 AM
    • 9,133 Posts
    • 5,579 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    Just to say that as of a week ago CMCs are subject to the jurisdiction of the Legal Ombudsman. If they make unwanted sales calls now I suggest you make a formal complaint and, if necessary, follow it up at the Ombudsman.
  • Riskyfellow
    HYC PPI - Whatever!
    I also got a call from these people and they said they could get me more than I had already received. I thought 'why not - nothing to lose' but when they called me back once I had my papers together the noise of the call centre in the background was terribly loud with lots of shouting and loud music and the girl said she would sit under the desk to make it quieter but that didn't work. I heard cheers as someone made a sale and I was not impressed. I said they seemed unprofessional that I felt uncomfortable and I wasn't going to proceed and the girl said she had called me several times and so had just wasted her time. I apologised for that and she responded with 'whatever!'. I never got around to remarking on the hundreds of text messages that I have received over the past few years and the large number of phone calls both by person and their computer. Its my time that has been wasted! In a way maybe there was a little payback
    • jimpix12
    • By jimpix12 23rd Mar 15, 2:13 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 956 Thanks
    jimpix12
    Just rang me calling themselves 'HYC'. I blocked their number, and reported to OFCOM
    "The only man who makes money from a gold rush is the one selling the shovels..."
  • Nnnnnn
    Scam caller
    I had a lady call me how she got my number is beyond me as its a new number..she hang up before I could finish what I was saying when I left it a day and rang the 016 number back a man answered with neiche music playing in the background sounded like they were having a bbq or a party as heard lots of people in the background laughing n joking he gathered quite abit of info about me when I was transferred to a lady who I didn't get put on hold or anything who then told me about the interest they take off u etc and the same music and environment was the same ??? I strongly believe this was a scam caller n advise people to be cautious in giving out personal info wish I had done the same unfortunate for me.
    • mummyblogger7
    • By mummyblogger7 26th Jan 16, 4:20 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 4,451 Thanks
    mummyblogger7
    Worried
    I am actually really worried about this - I have just spent some minutes on the phone going through details when I started to get anxious as I heard shouting and cheering in the background. Then music playing.
    They sounded incredibly unprofessional.

I hope I haven't done anything wrong in passing over details so far. All I want to do now is leave it be. I have asked them not to send me paperwork.
    • Jen 65
    • By Jen 65 9th May 16, 5:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jen 65
    Jen 65
    I got a call from Help your Claims 3 hours ago.This is inspite of me asking them to remove my phone number from their listing several months ago.I told the caller that I had no interest in talking to him re a PPI claim.The guy who called me was (text removed by MSE Forum Team).After I said that I had NO interest in talking to him,he proceeded to say how dare I talk over him,but anyway,it didn't matter to him as he was getting paid to be on the phone.I put the phone down and called back and spoke to his manager ((text removed by MSE Forum Team)),who apparently listened to a tape of the call and apparently,he and the owner ((text removed by MSE Forum Team)) reprimanded (text removed by MSE Forum Team)-yeah,as if!!...If you get a call from these guys,0161-850 9590..I suggest that you tell them where to go...They employ hard nosed sales techniques, and if you search online,they have countless negative reviews.Don't touch them with a bargepole!-There are numerous PPI Co's out there,who no doubt get refunds for their clients,without having to resort to aggressive,moronic and abusive salespeople(unlike Help your claims Ltd).This review is posted without predudice.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 03-06-2016 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Personal details
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 9th May 16, 7:22 PM
    • 9,133 Posts
    • 5,579 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    I would suggest, Jen 65, you send the following e-mail to cs@helpyourclaim.com, with a copy to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Further the UNSOLICITED CALL by somebody from your company claiming to be called Anwar, my subsequent conversation with somebody calling himself (text removed by MSE Forum Team), I wish to make it clear that I am NOT satisfied with the response to my complaint.

I demand:

1. That you and your company cease ALL telephone and e-mail communication with me with immediate effect.
    2. That you personally write to me by Royal Mail at (address) and explain tio me why you have deliberately ignored my previous request to cease telephoning me.
    3. Why your staff are instructed to ask how I dare interrupt their flow in a call which they are unlawfully made.
    4. What intend to do to ensure there is never a repetiion of this incident.
    5. What recompense you intend to make to me for the distress and inconvenience you have caused me.
    May address is [address]. I look forward to receiving your letter.

A copy of this e-mail has been sent to your regulator and, should your response not be to my satisfaction or not received within eight weeks I shall refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman.

Please note that any communication from you other than the letter I demand shall be taken as an unsatisfactory response.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 03-06-2016 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Personal details
    • Kaye1971
    • By Kaye1971 3rd Jul 16, 11:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kaye1971
    Because most people have PPI on various products and still don't know it, think people forget that without companies out there like this to kick your arses, you would never have got your money back, the public, say I can do it for free, then ok, yes you can, but why are you still sitting on years old paperwork that you never have any intention of sending back to get your money back! Cold calling is part of how we built business years ago with the good old yellow pages, now you have somewhere to vent! Wont make any difference he is still work a good old million...!!
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 4th Jul 16, 12:12 AM
    • 9,133 Posts
    • 5,579 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    Another semi literate rant from another ambulance chaser methinks.
    • Emlin1401
    • By Emlin1401 18th Oct 16, 3:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Emlin1401
    HYC - 30% fee query
    Hello,

Im the idiot that completed the forms. when they rang hounding me for them and I heard all the background noise (resembling as some people have said 'partying' and 'cheering') I advised that I had sent the forms back but would like them disregarded based on what I could hear. They hung up.

Lloyds TSB contacted me 2 weeks ago going through some outstanding PPI complaints on my account and subsequently paid me a lump sum. They have obviously advised HYC of this and now they are demanding a 30% cut of it. Ringing me constantly and being incredibly abusive and patronising. When I originally spoke to them they said that any fees would be removed before I got anything. I'm reluctant to give them my card details as they could take any amount they liked then but they've said that's the only way.

What can I do? At the moment I'm just ignoring their calls. Help!
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 18th Oct 16, 3:10 PM
    • 2,953 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    Hello,

Im the idiot that completed the forms. when they rang hounding me for them and I heard all the background noise (resembling as some people have said 'partying' and 'cheering') I advised that I had sent the forms back but would like them disregarded based on what I could hear. They hung up.

Lloyds TSB contacted me 2 weeks ago going through some outstanding PPI complaints on my account and subsequently paid me a lump sum. They have obviously advised HYC of this and now they are demanding a 30% cut of it. Ringing me constantly and being incredibly abusive and patronising. When I originally spoke to them they said that any fees would be removed before I got anything. I'm reluctant to give them my card details as they could take any amount they liked then but they've said that's the only way.

Originally posted by Emlin1401
    If you signed their forms to say they could act on your behalf and didn't get a cancellation in writing unfortunately you will have to pay
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 18th Oct 16, 3:46 PM
    • 17,229 Posts
    • 7,769 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Originally posted by Emlin1401
    If you don't pay them they will take you to court. They cannot remove the fees before you receive the redress as the Bank pays it to you, not them. They would not therefore tell you any different.
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 18th Oct 16, 3:57 PM
    • 9,133 Posts
    • 5,579 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    You don't say when you sent the forms back and when you rang and told them to stop. That could be an opening to making a complaint to them - as could a complaint of pressurised selling.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 18th Oct 16, 6:06 PM
    • 17,229 Posts
    • 7,769 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    You don't say when you sent the forms back and when you rang and told them to stop. That could be an opening to making a complaint to them - as could a complaint of pressurised selling.
    Originally posted by magpiecottage
    The problem with such a complaint would be that there is unlikely to be any record of such a 'phone call. Different if the OP had written to cancel...
    • Roseandste
    • By Roseandste 1st Nov 16, 3:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Roseandste
    Hi can anybody help my partner had a phone call about PPI from hyc so to begin with he went along with it they told him they would put him through to his bank whilst they were still on the phone to him but as soon as my partner got through to his bank he told them hyc were on the phone and they were listening to the conversation between my partner and the bank as soon as he told the bank that hyc hung up the phone so my partner decided to carry out the PPI claim but through his bank this was at least 8/9month ago now but were getting harassed by hyc saying he owes them money because they got him the claim which they didn't as we did it directly through the bank and the amount they said we got from the claim is over 3 and a half thousand but the claim we actually got was a lot lot less now I have tried talking to the on the phone to tell them were not falling for it as they didn't do the PPI we did it through the bank but they keep hanging up
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,641Posts Today

5,689Users online

Martin's Twitter