Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The Living Coin
    • By The Living Coin 28th Jan 11, 1:28 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 5Thanks
    The Living Coin
    0 WOW
    travelcenteruk.co.uk - reliable?
    • 28th Jan 11, 1:28 PM
    0 WOW
    travelcenteruk.co.uk - reliable? 28th Jan 11 at 1:28 PM
    Hi
    I'm travelling to Uganda in April. So far flights I've seen have been around £560 and upwards.
    I just found these guys - travelcenteruk.co.uk (through cheapflights.co.uk), offering flights with Emirates for £437 with really good connection times too. Emirates own site prices them around £650.

They have the ATOL and IATA symbols on their site and an 0800 number to call.

Anybody used them? Too good to be true? Any thoughts please?

Thanks
    Stephen
Page 3
    • alephilips
    • By alephilips 5th Jul 17, 9:51 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alephilips
    What did they say when you told them you wouldn't pay any more?

If the situation hasn't been resolved yet, how do you think it will end?
    Do you think you'll get the flights at the price originally advertised?
    Or do you think they'll refund the full amount you've paid?
    Or do you think they'll take the extra from your credit card?
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    They say they understand my point but it wasnt there fault and bla bla bla.
    At the end they havent taken any money from my credit card, so at least they are good on that. But still dont trust them at all. Anyway if i do get something I will decline that purchase straight away.
    Im wondering if anyone has had a good experience with this agency...it will really help, i was checking the prices and yesterday they called me and told me they managed to get the flight i was planning to book for 40 pounds more than what i was planning to pay. So is not bad, but im afraid to confirm that and then having a problem with them

If anyone has had a good experience and is not a fake person or bot, please come back to me it will be much appreciated.
    • Mark Tommo
    • By Mark Tommo 10th Jul 17, 9:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mark Tommo
    i tried to book a flight today from Birmingham to Vietnam. Found flight on Cheapflights.co.uk for £1826 business class with Emirates. Followed the link to Travel centre and filled in my details and tried to continue to book. This is when i find that you can't get from the 'my details page' and i am invited to chat online with an agent. It transpires that the flight doesn't exist but i can pay £3000 for a flight as that is the cheapest available. This is the second time i have had this happen within the last 6 months but assumed the site had a technical problem last time so went elsewhere. The site is designed to get you in and then sell a different product. Couldn't trust an operator like this so saved myself £1000 and booked direct with Emirates. These guys shouldn't be allowed to conduct business in the way they do. Beware
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 10th Jul 17, 9:14 PM
    • 10,587 Posts
    • 6,931 Thanks
    Caz3121
    they don't have live pricing, as is the case with many third party agents. Get the people that are chasing cheap tickets...they can come out cheapest on the comparison sites. You will find the real price on the airlines website. Booking through an agent can end up costing you more
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 11th Jul 17, 8:26 AM
    • 17,009 Posts
    • 42,884 Thanks
    Pollycat
    They say they understand my point but it wasnt there fault and bla bla bla.
    At the end they havent taken any money from my credit card, so at least they are good on that. But still dont trust them at all. Anyway if i do get something I will decline that purchase straight away.
    Im wondering if anyone has had a good experience with this agency...it will really help, i was checking the prices and yesterday they called me and told me they managed to get the flight i was planning to book for 40 pounds more than what i was planning to pay. So is not bad, but im afraid to confirm that and then having a problem with them

If anyone has had a good experience and is not a fake person or bot, please come back to me it will be much appreciated.
    Originally posted by alephilips
    If you get someone (who may or may not be posting on behalf of this company i.e. a 'fake person; in your own words) who posts to say they've had a good experience, are you seriously going to go ahead and book with them?

I had the same experience, 1 minute after I purchase I received a call saying the airline run out of availability for that price so I have to pay another price, I told them that im not paying any penny extra.

I hope they dont take any money from my credit card...

I repeat dont be fool as I was.
    Originally posted by alephilips
    If I were you, I'd take your own advice ^^^^ and book direct with the airline.
    They have live prices and live availability - unlike these shonky 3rd party websites.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,070Posts Today

7,000Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin