IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Attending movie premiere, any tips
Closed Thread
Views: 2,002
# 1
andrew71
Old 26-01-2011, 9:08 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Attending movie premiere, any tips

I along with Fairyprincess79 (not together I must point out) are both attending a movie premiere this weekend.
Just wanted to know if anybody as been to a premiere before what are the do's and donts?

What do you wear?

Do you walk near to the red carpet? sounds silly to ask but I don't fancy walking down with my walking sticks and then appearing in the next issue of Heat Magazine

Do they provide you with refreshments etc in the cinema or do we purchase them ourselves?

How close can you get to stars? I mean is there a chance of having photos taken with them?

Any other tips you could pass onto us?
2011 Prize Total 450 + Film Premiere tickets. 2012 575 (approx) 2013 Target 1000 So far 96
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrew71 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
ktflosspot
Old 26-01-2011, 9:11 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

If tiz Gnomeo & Juliet most of the sites say Adults to wear " Garden Coture " ( no blinkin idea what that means though ) and kids to wear either red or blue xxx
All that I have been to have provided refreshments & most of the actors have been lovely posing for piccys with the kids xx
Have a great time xx
It matters not how long a stars shines ,what is remembered is the brightness of it's light.
JAN Battle attacks cars, 3 VIP althletics tickets, fairtrade choccy .... yum

Thanks to all posters xxxx
The Following User Says Thank You to ktflosspot For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
mell
Old 26-01-2011, 9:12 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well done to both of you. Hopefully someone will come along who has been and can answer for you as I have often wondered what I would wear etc if I won. Will be interested to hear replies.

Congratulations and hope you have a wonderful time and anyone else who has won

Let us know how you get on.
# 4
djl
Old 26-01-2011, 9:36 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

well done
2014 wins 44.00
2013 83.00 2012 601.50
2011 1554.50 2010 698.00 2009 2793.00
2008 2816.00 2007 1034.00
# 5
Happy shopper
Old 26-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Well done - I'm interested in hearing the answers too. (I'm not going to the Premiere - just curious.) You'll have to update this thread when you've been.
# 6
Skeletor99
Old 26-01-2011, 10:11 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I'd say be prepared to wait around as these things never ever start on time and make sure to bring some water as they usually don't provide any refreshments.
But enjoy it, oh and do your best to saunter past the hordes to give the impression to them that you are in the movie ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletor99 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
oddies
Old 26-01-2011, 11:07 AM

congatulations on winning, have a great time and relax sorry cannot help with question
2014 wins: Jan: Gino D'Acampo pans and Italian Hamper, iPad Air, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Secret Lair Playset 199.00, 123 , Chill Factor Ice-Cream Makers,Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles Goody Bag & DVD 250 chat Magazine 1,000 jewellery Westfield London Slushy Maker Family Holiday to Bude chocolate Hamper
# 8
welshlis
Old 26-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well done on your win hope you have a great night out
# 9
SDG31000
Old 26-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

DH and I did the West Is West premiere, which wasn't a big premiere compared to the ones you see on the TV and in the papers, but it did say smart clothing on the email I got. We did walk the red carpet, ( I got DH to carry my coat, as I wanted to show off my posh frock that I never normally get to wear, sad I know). Lots of people weren't dressed up however and were carrying shopping bags.
We did get given a bottle of water and a mini bar of chocolate.

Opps, I forgot to say congratulations and have a wonderful time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SDG31000 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
avelte
Old 26-01-2011, 12:36 PM

have fun, enjoy
When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." So said the legendary poet, essayist, lexicographer and Londoner, Samuel Johnson. And that was in 1777 its even better now!
# 11
NaughtyAngel2007
Old 26-01-2011, 12:40 PM

have a great time . love to see some pics x
# 12
lb364
Old 26-01-2011, 1:09 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well done! I've been to 2 premieres and both were a really fun and exciting experience (or I don't get out much lol)

There's usually a dress code and it's an opportunity to dress up but at the same time I've never done that part properly because one was in January...in Paris so it was freezing and the other I had to go straight from work. No-one's going to take much notice unless you're a celeb anyway but the option's there...

In Leicester square there was a second entrance so us nobody's didn't walk the whole length of the carpet just the end part but I think it depends, I don't think you'll make it into Heat although I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

There have been refreshments at both...in Paris they gave us some weird sandwich wrapped in cling film plus a chocolate bar and water. In London, it was a big bar of Galaxy, popcorn and water.

Never met any of the celebs because as someone else said they usually keep you waiting...especially Brad Pitt! They also put the action outside on on the big screen in the cinema so you can still see what's going on.

Hope you all have a great time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lb364 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
BabychamPrincess
Old 26-01-2011, 1:40 PM

I won tickets for 'Blue Moon Rising Premiere' in Manchster, it was a Blue carpet, (Football Team's Colour) we saw a couple of corrie stars, Football Players and Manager, and Liam Gallagher, we dressed up as it stated smart dress, but some people were wearing jeans and jean jackets, we had front row seats, with Water and Popcorn, my hubby is a Man City Supporter so was really pleased i won this, as we reaced the bottom of the carpet all the press started taking our photo's, i'm sure they thought we were Richard & Judy, a slight resemblance. Enjoy your experience Andrew, we loved it. Hope i have posted ok, first time i have had the courage to join in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabychamPrincess For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
mell
Old 26-01-2011, 2:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Arw BabychamPrincess, loved the bit about photographers thinking you were Richard and Judy
Lovely reading about peoples' experiences at Film Premieres, thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to mell For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
JoJoY
Old 26-01-2011, 3:55 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well done and thanks for starting this thread as I'm going too so I'm very interested to know the in's and out's I haven't been told anything about what to wear yet but my teenage daughters have already requested new dresses
*** Thank you to everyone that posts ***
# 16
cabco22
Old 27-01-2011, 7:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I've been to a couple of premieres and my advice is always - don't peak too early! The celebs will all go in late and if you go in early you will be left in an empty cinema for an hour waiting for the rest to arrive! Dress to impress and remember that all those fans who can't get in and photographers are all there for you! Oh and your first premiere will be the most exciting so soak up the atmosphere and enjoy every moment. Congratulations all on your wins and have a great day!
To make an apple pie from scratch....first you must build a universe!
# 17
PenelopePitstop2008
Old 27-01-2011, 7:33 PM

Congratulations
Big Thanks to all those who post competitions you are stars!
December: 250 John Lewis Spree
Closed Thread