Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Comments

• sunni2712 wrote: »
    I have recently been to a specsavers store as I do every time I need a perscription check etc, and was told I needed new glasses which I opted for the buy one get one free, I was told they would be ready the following week, but alas they were not right so could I please return the following week, this has happened six times now and I still only have one half decent pair I keep being told to come back this has been ongoing for 5/6 weeks now at a cost of £4 trasport each time, I was given a very small good will gesture off my bill but this does not cover transport and loss of earnings, and still the percription is wrong,I have spoke to the manager but I am now so upset and exhausted with the whole thing,I have been to specsavers for nearly 10 years Will not go again, I just want my glasses.

So I do not the state of affairs with your complaint to-date, maybe it's been resloved sucessfully if not then you have re-dress via the Consumer Rights....(Their number is in the phone book, front pages). They can check that the company is not breaking any selling laws where from what you tell me the service is of 'substandard' and warrants further investigation by a relevant authority. So, Consumer rights will tell you what I am about to tell you. Write a brief letter to the Manager of that particular store, give him/them 14 days from receipt of this letter to respond, adress your concerns and put things right. If not, then you may be entitled to recompense....I don't know about this avenue though and Consumer rights will tell what happens next...

If you have paid for the spectacles out of your own pocket, then you can try and claim back the money you paid out for them via a small claims court...but I don't think it will come to that! Seriously contact Consumer rights start with them first and foremost because they will advice you so much better than I can.... Good luck interested to see how you get on.
  • I had a complaint against specsavers. I was told yesterday by the store director that it was pointless complaining to customer service because they ALWAYS agreed with the store. The store director was arrogant. I have been a longstanding customer of Specsavers, so has my husband who also gets his hearing aids from there.
    I cant see the point of having a customer service if the store will just as they like anyway. He wrote me a letter and the very first paragraph was a downright lie - he admitted this when he rang me but he still was not bothered about the bad customer service that I had been given.
    He told me that I had been given a prescription for both my glasses and my contact lenses - I HAVE NEVER BEEN GIVEN ANY PRESCRIPTION FROM SPECSAVERS APART FROM ONE OCCASION WHEN I ASKED FOR IT ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. Again another lie. This company seems to be able to lie and lie and just get away with - If I did this in my job I would be sacked!!!!!!!
  • Hi.

I've recently received really poor customer service from Specsavers and want to email their head office about the service I received but cant find an address.

Can anyone help with some contact details?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    goodison23 wrote: »
    Hi.

I've recently received really poor customer service from Specsavers and want to email their head office about the service I received but cant find an address.

Can anyone help with some contact details?
    From their website...
    Contacting us
    If you have any comments or concerns about material which appears on our Website, please contact:
    Specsavers Customer Service
    T: 0808 172 00 72
    E: [EMAIL="customerservice@specsavers.co.uk"]customerservice@specsavers.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Registered Office
    Specsavers Optical Group Limited
    La Villiaze,
    St Andrews,
    Guernsey
    GY6 8YP
    Registered in Guernsey
    Registration No 12249
  • baldmosher
    baldmosher Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 19 June 2012 at 2:56AM
    In relation to this post

I sent an email and was referred to the local (regional?) director and the store have now resolved my complaint. My reply follows:

Dear Tess,

I am pleased to inform you that the store have resolved my issue, and have repaired my spectacles free of charge with my gratitude. Over and above the call of duty. Nevertheless I should also point out that whilst in the store, upon adjusting the bridge of my spare pair the optician cracked both lenses, and that pair has been sent off to be repaired, again free of charge. I'm seriously impressed by this level of customer service and write to express my utmost thanks for a long but ultimately satisfying resolution to the matter. I trust that I should expect in future perhaps not this extreme level of goodwill, but at least a willingness to rectify issues to my satisfaction.

Yours sincerely
    baldmosher
  • A13EX_F
    A13EX_F Posts: 8 Forumite
    I too have had a bad experience with specsavers I guess if you want good service you have to pay extra for it,
    I visited the store in Hanley (stoke on trent) today as my dog had destroyed my old glasses I needed to buy new ones. my current prescription is 8 months old but I thought I might as well have a sight test to see if it might need tweaking slightly better to do it before having a new set of glasses made I thought.

I informed the woman doing the test that my left eye was weaker than the right and my previous glasses were used to balance the two eyes out.

after the main part of the test was done to each eye they reveled both eyes and the end result was not much of an improvement on my previous vision without glasses. I informed the woman doing the test of this but she did not really seem too interested and was more concerened about getting me downstairs and buying glasses.

my new prescription:
    R sph +0.25 cyl -1 axis 85
    L sph +0.25 cyl -1 axis 85

both eyes exactly the same (I know this is wrong)

my previous vision express prescription
    R sph -0.25 cyl -0.25 axis 85
    L sph plano cyl -0.75 axis 90

left eye doing more correction than the right

I believe the prescription from specsavers to be completly useless and don't even want to risk buying glasses with this prescription as I know it will be wrong instead I will be using my old prescription from vision express.

I wonder what the chances of getting a refund from specsavers for the eye test are!
  • I have quite a major complaint (well what I feel is major)...

I would like to know why in this day and age when people are trying to recycle more and get more for their money that it would be cheaper to buy a complete new set of glasses instead of trying to recycle and reuse my current existing glasses and a pair of old frames I have.

For instance, I bought a new pair of glasses about a year ago which cost me about £120 for everything in them (slimmer lenses, scratch resistant coating, anti reflection coating and reactions). Then why I would like to know would it cost me £170 to just get a new pair of lenses for these glasses?! It's ridiculous! I mean seriously?! IT makes no sense to me. Why can it not cost a lot less than this? Not to mention just a new pair of lenses for my old frames which I want to use as a 2nd pair of glasses when I need to - all I would want is the lenses with a scratch resistant coating. How much - almost £100 I think it is (Ok well actually more like £90 but still...)

For instance - you would not go to to a car dealership and buy a 2nd had car with some new body work for instance and still expect to pay more than a brand new car... To me is make no logical sense.

The fact is I want to re-use and recycle instead of having to buy brand new ones but it would cost me more to recycle and reuse.

One word Specsavers - WHY?!

That is all...
  • IRby
    IRby Posts: 1 Newbie
    head office 01481236000

coutoma sevices 08081720072

hope this helps people
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    IRby wrote: »
    head office 01481236000

coutoma sevices 08081720072

hope this helps people
    Well your coutoma sevices (sic) number is on their website.

It is also in post #55, just four above yours. ;)
  • Could I jump into this thread? I'm on the verge of complaining to specsavers myself.

I just went in, in order to ask what my prescription is, as I have mislaid my little folder that you get. But I was refused my prescription unless I made an appt to see the optician.

I explained to the assistant that I just wanted to go elsewhere and buy a cheap pair of glasses to stick in my jeans pocket for emergencies (I only need them for very small text) but she wouldn't budge.

She was, of course, quite happy to sell me some glasses there at way above the cost I wanted to pay. But it was a no go if I wanted to walk out and buy them elsewhere.

Surely my prescription in some way belongs to me, and I can buy glasses from wherever I please?

She said if I was going into town and went to another specsavers, that I could buy from them as well....sigh.

Literally felt like I was being held to ransom. Either pay to see the optician, or buy glasses from them. But there was no way I was getting to know my prescription unless I parted with some money in one way or another. Fuming.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure