Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    Un-Sorn a vehicle.
    • #1
    • 23rd Jan 11, 12:54 PM
    Un-Sorn a vehicle. 23rd Jan 11 at 12:54 PM

    Apologies for knowing nothing about this at all. I passed my test on the 11th January. I'm buying my brothers car off him.

    Thing is it has a SORN on it, the breaks are being changed next week and then it will be back on the road.

    How do I go about un SORNing the car? Do I just present the MOT certificate to put some tax on it? I need to insure it.

    Do I need the log book? Do I need to apply for it to be un SORNed?


    Thanks, Catie x
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,448Posts Today

7,318Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

  • RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Free £240, 40mth 0%, haggle tips for Sky etc, free Lanc?me sample & watch TV no licence The weekly email is out: http:?

  • Follow Martin