Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mrviner
    Santander "DAILY ARRANGED OVERDRAFT FEE"
    • 20th Jan 11, 8:17 PM
    Santander "DAILY ARRANGED OVERDRAFT FEE" 20th Jan 11 at 8:17 PM
    Hi,

My Santander (previously A&L IIRC) Premier Direct Account has been recieving some "DAILY ARRANGED OVERDRAFT FEE"s recently.

As you can see below, I removed the entire balance, not anticipating any fees, as the high interest rate was at an end. My automatic monthly churning of 510, to keep within funding rules, then accidentally kicks in and the account was in the red for 4 days.

Some 37 days later an overdraft fee is taken, unnoticed by me. Then again in January they take even more due to continued negative balance.

Obviously it's my fault and I'm not really complaining for such a small amount so my question is, how much should I fund the account today to end this mess. Ideally I'd be left with a zero balance. I know I could close the account but that must be done in person with all paperwork etc.

So what is the logic of 2.22 & 6.72 and what will the next charge be?

Thanks,
    mrviner
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,219Posts Today

6,895Users online

Martin's Twitter