Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    kiplingmonkey
    M&S - have a free bra fitting and receive 5 off when you spend 35 on lingerie
    • 19th Jan 11, 11:13 PM
    M&S - have a free bra fitting and receive 5 off when you spend 35 on lingerie 19th Jan 11 at 11:13 PM
    Apologies if this has already been posted on the site - forgive me as this is my first post.

At my local M&S store today they were offering 5 off when you spent 35 on lingerie if you had a free bra fitting. None of the staff mentioned this promotion to me despite me going into the fitting room to try some bras on and purchasing 4. If I had been made aware of it then I would have had the free fitting but only noticed a poster when I was leaving the store with the necessary purchases in my bag. (New Years Resolution - will only buy clothes this year when there is a need not just because I want them...)

The manager was very good and agreed to refund 5 when I complained but it may be worth looking out for this offer and asking staff about it if you need new undies.

I think it is running to the end of January.
    SPC Member #067 SPC5 = 145 SPC6 = 192.08 SPC7= 478.13
    2 savers club member #202 2013 = 302 2014 = 360

Page 1
  • Gillyx
    • 19th Jan 11, 11:17 PM
    • 19th Jan 11, 11:17 PM
    Ooh good offer, will go in soon.
    • sunshineyday
    • By sunshineyday 19th Jan 11, 11:29 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 8,391 Thanks
    sunshineyday
    • 19th Jan 11, 11:29 PM
    • 19th Jan 11, 11:29 PM
    thanks for that Kiplingmonkey, need (want) some new lingerie so will nip in to M&S
    No buying toiletries until I've used up the ones I have
    76 still to go (excluding perfume and makeup)
  • KevInChester
    • 19th Jan 11, 11:51 PM
    • 19th Jan 11, 11:51 PM
    If I needed to get some underwear for my wife (I don't have one, 'tis theoretical) would M&S give me (a male) a bra fitting (very very slight man boobs) in order than I could get 5 off my purchases?
    Last edited by KevInChester; 19-01-2011 at 11:53 PM.
  • vixarooni
    • 20th Jan 11, 12:20 AM
    • 20th Jan 11, 12:20 AM
    Get fitted there, but ignore everything they say. Go back later having been fitted elsewhere and buy the correct size with the money off!
  • floss2
    • 20th Jan 11, 7:25 AM
    • 20th Jan 11, 7:25 AM
    Get fitted there, but ignore everything they say. Go back later having been fitted elsewhere and buy the correct size with the money off!
    Originally posted by vixarooni
    I agree - an independent lingerie store, Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, La Senza will all do much better, more accurate bra measuring & fitting than M&S.

Apparently at M&S I am a 34B.....but am a 32DD everywhere else, and my "overspill" is now in control while my bra does not ride up my back
  • Mrs Arcanum
    • 12th Feb 11, 4:08 PM
    • 12th Feb 11, 4:08 PM
    I agree - an independent lingerie store, Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, La Senza will all do much better, more accurate bra measuring & fitting than M&S.

Apparently at M&S I am a 34B.....but am a 32DD everywhere else, and my "overspill" is now in control while my bra does not ride up my back
    Originally posted by floss2
    The universal mistake M&S Bra fitters make is insisting it should fit on the middle hooks. When you first get a bra it should just fit on the outside hooks. This allows 2 further hooks to use as the bra stretches. Also you may find the size that fits in one design will be too loose in another. Anything too loose but with the right cup size try a smaller bra size & go up a cup size or two.

The under bust chest measurement is the bra size then approx 1 cup size per inch compared to the fullest bust measurement. (non of this add 5 inches if it is an odd measurement & 4 if even then the cup being whatever the difference is ie 32 + 4/38 = 36B). This aught to be a 32 DD or 32F.
  • newMS
    • 12th Feb 11, 8:05 PM
    • 12th Feb 11, 8:05 PM
    a couple of weeks ago i went to MnS for a bra fitting, i got inot Derby just before 9 am and wentinto marks, asked for a fitting and was told that they had a free space at 4.30pm!!!!!!!!!! i wouldn't have minded but i was the only one in the shop, went to La Senza where the lovely lady spent over an hour ensuring my many purchases were perfect..... total failure Marks and Spencers I will never go there again
    mustn't grumble
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 13th Feb 11, 4:15 PM
    • 35,354 Posts
    • 31,378 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 13th Feb 11, 4:15 PM
    • 13th Feb 11, 4:15 PM
    Originally posted by vixarooni
    but the correct size in M&S is likely to be completely different to the size you're in from anywhere else!

I won't use M&S because they are quite happy to fit you into what they have, rather than what you actually need.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Cutting Tax; Charities; Small Biz & Charity Organisers; and Silver Savers boards, which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. However, do remember, Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts.

Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com

New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?

Why did I think knitting would be relaxing?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,792Posts Today

7,834Users online

Martin's Twitter