Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Deborah
    • By MSE Deborah 18th Jan 11, 8:26 PM
    • 136Posts
    • 272Thanks
    MSE Deborah
    0 WOW
    Glasses Deals Discussion
    • 18th Jan 11, 8:26 PM
    0 WOW
    Glasses Deals Discussion 18th Jan 11 at 8:26 PM
    For a full list of current glasses discounts and vouchers see the

Regularly Updated:

If you've spotted or heard of more... please tell us with as much detail as possible, including whether it was emailed to you or it's a deal available to all. We'll then check out whether it's legit for others and if it is, put it all on the one page.

... just click reply to report new top spots

Thanks for your help

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Deborah; 27-02-2013 at 3:15 PM.
Page 1
  • mustafachapati
    • 19th Jan 11, 5:10 PM
    • 19th Jan 11, 5:10 PM
    The selectspecs £20 off £39 offer makes no sense. There are no glasses at £39 or above in their own brands!
    • tifo
    • By tifo 19th Jan 11, 6:43 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    tifo
    • 19th Jan 11, 6:43 PM
    • 19th Jan 11, 6:43 PM
    The selectspecs £20 off £39 offer makes no sense. There are no glasses at £39 or above in their own brands!
    Originally posted by mustafachapati
    There are lots. SS is their own brand (this is obvious).
  • mad&jon
    • 19th Jan 11, 7:28 PM
    • 19th Jan 11, 7:28 PM
    Has anyone else had problems using the code for £20 off min £39 spend. Ive put an SS brand in basket but states code has expired? Can anyone help?
    thanks
  • hannly
    • 20th Jan 11, 7:13 AM
    • 20th Jan 11, 7:13 AM
    I like discounts .
  • SelectSpecs company representative
    • 20th Jan 11, 11:49 AM
    • 20th Jan 11, 11:49 AM
    Originally posted by mustafachapati
    Hi, you can choose anything from our Economy, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum ranges, these are all included in the offer. You can either choose a pair above £39 or make the total up by choosing several items of a lesser value.

Kind regards,

James
    SelectSpecs.com
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Select Specs. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • 20th Jan 11, 11:51 AM
    • 20th Jan 11, 11:51 AM
    Has anyone else had problems using the code for £20 off min £39 spend. Ive put an SS brand in basket but states code has expired? Can anyone help?
    thanks
    Originally posted by mad&jon
    The codes are valid from 00.00 Thursday until 23.59 Friday GMT only. So unfortunately when you tried to use the code it wasn't active.

Kind regards,
    James
    SelectSpecs.com
    I am the official company representative of Select Specs. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • tifo
    • By tifo 20th Jan 11, 11:56 AM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    tifo
    • 20th Jan 11, 11:56 AM
    • 20th Jan 11, 11:56 AM
    You can either choose a pair above £39 or make the total up by choosing several items of a lesser value.
    Originally posted by SelectSpecs company representative
    So we can choose 2 pairs totalling £40 and still get the £20 discount?
    • 20th Jan 11, 4:07 PM
    • 20th Jan 11, 4:07 PM
    So we can choose 2 pairs totalling £40 and still get the £20 discount?
    Originally posted by tifo
    Correct!
    • tifo
    • By tifo 20th Jan 11, 5:17 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    tifo
    i've chosen Savannah frames and delivery which totals £39.00. However, the code is not accepted (exactly at this moment).

does the £39.00 have to be EXCLUDING delivery?

Sorry, this promotional code could not be applied. Please ensure the code you are entering is correct and has not expired
    • tifo
    • By tifo 20th Jan 11, 5:28 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    tifo
    i've just tried it at £41.50 excluding delivery and it's still not accepted.

.... and there seems to be no way of emailing/ticketing Select Specs to enquire.

i'm choosing from the Value range, does that matter?
    Last edited by tifo; 20-01-2011 at 5:34 PM.
  • x Wilco x
    Code worked for me - just ordered £44.99 pair from SS Collection, cost with code inc delivery - £28.49

Fantastic
    • tifo
    • By tifo 20th Jan 11, 7:14 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    tifo
    most of the economy range is just the value range but at a higher price ....
    • tifo
    • By tifo 21st Jan 11, 2:26 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    tifo
    finally, got my order through with the discount. Now let's see if it arrives.
    • James01
    • By James01 22nd Jan 11, 2:01 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    James01
    I have ordered glasses from Select Specs approx value £30. Could anyone tell me if I will have extra duty to pay when they arrive being as they are coming from Hong Kong.
  • zohahunt
    zohahunt
    I think that offer is little expensive which will stop customers to buy it.
    • clairebrown7
    • By clairebrown7 22nd Jan 11, 3:33 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    clairebrown7
    I got an email from Speckyfoureyes.com on friday with their latest offer - 2 pairs of William Morris Designer glasses for just £39. The banner on the homepage takes you straight through: www.Speckyfoureyes.com You just need to put 2 pairs in your basket and use the code: 'fkn3c' to get the money off.

I've also just noticed that they are offering a pair of Bench glasses for only £15 on the 'featured frames' section on the homepage - and if you put FREE COATINGS in the info box you get free coatings plus a free case and cloth: http://www.speckyfoureyes.com/product.aspx?pfid=3179&c=83. Doesn't look like you need a code for that one.

They always seem to do really good offers.

C
    Claire
    • tifo
    • By tifo 22nd Jan 11, 3:46 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    tifo
    I've also just noticed that they are offering a pair of Bench glasses for only £15 on the 'featured frames' section on the homepage - and if you put FREE COATINGS in the info box you get free coatings plus a free case and cloth.
    Originally posted by clairebrown7
    That's a pity. My order at selectspecs seems to have gone through. I would have liked the Bench glasses as an extra pair.

I bought a few pairs from Asda some months ago on their offer of 2 for £90 and these others are just as spares. The Asda ones are very good with all coatings and ultra thin lenses included.
    • cazarol
    • By cazarol 23rd Jan 11, 7:43 AM
    • 764 Posts
    • 1,641 Thanks
    cazarol
    I got an email from Speckyfoureyes.com on friday with their latest offer - 2 pairs of William Morris Designer glasses for just £39. The banner on the homepage takes you straight through: www.Speckyfoureyes.com You just need to put 2 pairs in your basket and use the code: 'fkn3c' to get the money off.

I've also just noticed that they are offering a pair of Bench glasses for only £15 on the 'featured frames' section on the homepage - and if you put FREE COATINGS in the info box you get free coatings plus a free case and cloth: http://www.speckyfoureyes.com/product.aspx?pfid=3179&c=83. Doesn't look like you need a code for that one.

They always seem to do really good offers.

C
    Originally posted by clairebrown7
    Do you know how long this offer on the Bench glasses is on for
    • clairebrown7
    • By clairebrown7 23rd Jan 11, 1:50 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    clairebrown7
    Do you know how long this offer on the Bench glasses is on for
    Originally posted by cazarol

Hiya,

I tried calling them but the phones were closed so I emailed them and they replied, this is what they said:

Thanks for the email Claire,

The offer we have running on the £15 Bench glasses should still be available over the next week or so - perhaps a little longer. They are selling quite quickly but we have enough stock to cope with the demand. At £15 for a pair of Bench Designer frames, prescription Single Vision lenses, a case, cloth and free Anti-Glare (Anti-Reflection) & Scratch Resistant Coating we are sure you'll agree that this is a great offer especially since Bench frames (without lenses) can be up to £120 alone on the High Street.

We've noticed you've bought multiple pairs from us before - have you had a chance to view our new William Morris range? We are currently running an offer where you can buy 2 pairs for only £39. Just click on the banner on our homepage to view the frames (www.SpeckyFourEyes.com)

If you require any other information please feel free to email us again.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Kind regards,
    Claire
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

756Posts Today

5,129Users online

Martin's Twitter