IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Glasses Deals Discussion
Views: 87,013
# 1
WOW Factor 0
MSE Deborah
Old 18-01-2011, 8:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Glasses Deals Discussion

For a full list of current glasses discounts and vouchers see the

Regularly Updated:

If you've spotted or heard of more... please tell us with as much detail as possible, including whether it was emailed to you or it's a deal available to all. We'll then check out whether it's legit for others and if it is, put it all on the one page.

... just click reply to report new top spots

Thanks for your help

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Deborah; 27-02-2013 at 3:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to MSE Deborah For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
mustafachapati
Old 19-01-2011, 5:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

The selectspecs 20 off 39 offer makes no sense. There are no glasses at 39 or above in their own brands!
# 3
tifo
Old 19-01-2011, 6:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafachapati View Post
The selectspecs 20 off 39 offer makes no sense. There are no glasses at 39 or above in their own brands!
There are lots. SS is their own brand (this is obvious).
# 4
mad&jon
Old 19-01-2011, 7:28 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Has anyone else had problems using the code for 20 off min 39 spend. Ive put an SS brand in basket but states code has expired? Can anyone help?
thanks
# 5
hannly
Old 20-01-2011, 7:13 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I like discounts .
# 6
SelectSpecs company representative
Old 20-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Has MSEs permission to post for company
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafachapati View Post
Hi, you can choose anything from our Economy, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum ranges, these are all included in the offer. You can either choose a pair above 39 or make the total up by choosing several items of a lesser value.

Kind regards,

James
SelectSpecs.com
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Select Specs. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 7
Old 20-01-2011, 11:51 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad&jon View Post
Has anyone else had problems using the code for 20 off min 39 spend. Ive put an SS brand in basket but states code has expired? Can anyone help?
thanks
The codes are valid from 00.00 Thursday until 23.59 Friday GMT only. So unfortunately when you tried to use the code it wasn't active.

Kind regards,
James
SelectSpecs.com
I am the official company representative of Select Specs. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 8
tifo
Old 20-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelectSpecs company representative View Post
You can either choose a pair above 39 or make the total up by choosing several items of a lesser value.
So we can choose 2 pairs totalling 40 and still get the 20 discount?
# 9
Old 20-01-2011, 4:07 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifo View Post
So we can choose 2 pairs totalling 40 and still get the 20 discount?
Correct!
# 10
tifo
Old 20-01-2011, 5:17 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i've chosen Savannah frames and delivery which totals 39.00. However, the code is not accepted (exactly at this moment).

does the 39.00 have to be EXCLUDING delivery?

Quote:
Sorry, this promotional code could not be applied. Please ensure the code you are entering is correct and has not expired
# 11
tifo
Old 20-01-2011, 5:28 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i've just tried it at 41.50 excluding delivery and it's still not accepted.

.... and there seems to be no way of emailing/ticketing Select Specs to enquire.

i'm choosing from the Value range, does that matter?

Last edited by tifo; 20-01-2011 at 5:34 PM.
# 12
x Wilco x
Old 20-01-2011, 6:59 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Code worked for me - just ordered 44.99 pair from SS Collection, cost with code inc delivery - 28.49

Fantastic
# 13
tifo
Old 20-01-2011, 7:14 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

most of the economy range is just the value range but at a higher price ....
# 14
tifo
Old 21-01-2011, 2:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

finally, got my order through with the discount. Now let's see if it arrives.
# 15
James01
Old 22-01-2011, 2:01 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have ordered glasses from Select Specs approx value 30. Could anyone tell me if I will have extra duty to pay when they arrive being as they are coming from Hong Kong.
# 16
zohahunt
Old 22-01-2011, 3:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default zohahunt

I think that offer is little expensive which will stop customers to buy it.
# 17
clairebrown7
Old 22-01-2011, 3:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I got an email from Speckyfoureyes.com on friday with their latest offer - 2 pairs of William Morris Designer glasses for just 39. The banner on the homepage takes you straight through: www.Speckyfoureyes.com You just need to put 2 pairs in your basket and use the code: 'fkn3c' to get the money off.

I've also just noticed that they are offering a pair of Bench glasses for only 15 on the 'featured frames' section on the homepage - and if you put FREE COATINGS in the info box you get free coatings plus a free case and cloth: http://www.speckyfoureyes.com/produc...pfid=3179&c=83. Doesn't look like you need a code for that one.

They always seem to do really good offers.

C
Claire
The Following User Says Thank You to clairebrown7 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
tifo
Old 22-01-2011, 3:46 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebrown7 View Post
I've also just noticed that they are offering a pair of Bench glasses for only 15 on the 'featured frames' section on the homepage - and if you put FREE COATINGS in the info box you get free coatings plus a free case and cloth.
That's a pity. My order at selectspecs seems to have gone through. I would have liked the Bench glasses as an extra pair.

I bought a few pairs from Asda some months ago on their offer of 2 for 90 and these others are just as spares. The Asda ones are very good with all coatings and ultra thin lenses included.
# 19
cazarol
Old 23-01-2011, 7:43 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebrown7 View Post
I got an email from Speckyfoureyes.com on friday with their latest offer - 2 pairs of William Morris Designer glasses for just 39. The banner on the homepage takes you straight through: www.Speckyfoureyes.com You just need to put 2 pairs in your basket and use the code: 'fkn3c' to get the money off.

I've also just noticed that they are offering a pair of Bench glasses for only 15 on the 'featured frames' section on the homepage - and if you put FREE COATINGS in the info box you get free coatings plus a free case and cloth: http://www.speckyfoureyes.com/produc...pfid=3179&c=83. Doesn't look like you need a code for that one.

They always seem to do really good offers.

C
Do you know how long this offer on the Bench glasses is on for
# 20
clairebrown7
Old 23-01-2011, 1:50 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazarol View Post
Do you know how long this offer on the Bench glasses is on for

Hiya,

I tried calling them but the phones were closed so I emailed them and they replied, this is what they said:

Thanks for the email Claire,

The offer we have running on the 15 Bench glasses should still be available over the next week or so - perhaps a little longer. They are selling quite quickly but we have enough stock to cope with the demand. At 15 for a pair of Bench Designer frames, prescription Single Vision lenses, a case, cloth and free Anti-Glare (Anti-Reflection) & Scratch Resistant Coating we are sure you'll agree that this is a great offer especially since Bench frames (without lenses) can be up to 120 alone on the High Street.

We've noticed you've bought multiple pairs from us before - have you had a chance to view our new William Morris range? We are currently running an offer where you can buy 2 pairs for only 39. Just click on the banner on our homepage to view the frames (www.SpeckyFourEyes.com)

If you require any other information please feel free to email us again.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Kind regards,
Claire
The Following User Says Thank You to clairebrown7 For This Useful Post: Show me >>