Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 10th Jan 11, 7:14 PM
    • 8,424 Posts
    • 5,997 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    • 10th Jan 11, 7:14 PM
    • 10th Jan 11, 7:14 PM
    I need to know for filling out a P46 form.

Cheers Mark.
    Originally posted by markbass
    Yes, all of it - subject to your personal allowance, of course.
  • wantsajob
    • 10th Jan 11, 8:10 PM
    • 10th Jan 11, 8:10 PM
    My understanding was contribution based is, income based is not? At least that is what is suggested on the WTC form.
  • Uncertain
    • 10th Jan 11, 8:17 PM
    • 10th Jan 11, 8:17 PM
    My understanding was contribution based is, income based is not? At least that is what is suggested on the WTC form.
    Originally posted by wantsajob
    Contribution based must be. You could be the richest man in the country and still claim this if unemployed (if you could be bothered)!
    PLEASE NOTE:

I limit myself to responding to threads where I feel I have enough knowledge to make a useful contribution. My advice (and indeed any advice on this type of forum) should only be seen as a pointer to something you may wish to investigate further. Never act on any forum advice without confirmation from an accountable source.
    • CarolynH
    • By CarolynH 10th Jan 11, 8:30 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    CarolynH
    • 10th Jan 11, 8:30 PM
    • 10th Jan 11, 8:30 PM
    Yes. Tick box b (assuming your JSA is in the current tax year - 6 April 2010 onwards).
    Make a list of important things to do today. At the top, put 'eat chocolate'. Now, you'll get at least one thing done today.
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 10th Jan 11, 8:38 PM
    • 8,424 Posts
    • 5,997 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    • 10th Jan 11, 8:38 PM
    • 10th Jan 11, 8:38 PM
    Originally posted by wantsajob
    Look at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim76222.htm
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,755Posts Today

9,650Users online

Martin's Twitter