Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mcewaj
    0 WOW
    Boots 75% off sale - possible date
    • 9th Jan 11, 8:51 PM
    0 WOW
    Boots 75% off sale - possible date 9th Jan 11 at 8:51 PM
    Shoot me down but I am apologising if I shouldn't have posted this here and should have added it to another thread, but thought it saves everyone having to scroll down and read the other pages first!

I was in my local Boots yesterday (Newport, Gwent, Wales) and overheard 2 store managers (suited so guessed they were managers) talking about the Xmas stock, after following them down nearly every stocked aisle I picked up on the following info/ convo:

One says to other, "that seems a little late having the sale then, they'll need shelf space."

The other says, " I know, these 2 aisle's here need to be cleared by the 18th Jan for the greeting cards."

In my head I worked out the 18th is a Tuesday, well going from previous year sales which are a Wednesday then this stock needs to be cleared a week before, hence the Wednesday before being the 12th

Fortunately there was a SA that I know stocking so I asked her if what I heard was right, she said yes and stated there was going to be a 75% sale as they still had loads of stock left (which they did I thought) and that she and other workers had had the heads up it was going to be WEDNESDAY 12TH JANUARY!!!!!

I really really hope so, Ive know become friends with her on Facebook just so she can keep me informed so will share with you all any other info.

Hope this helps though and fingers crossed!!!!
    Loves Money Saving Expert so much, my husband says I should marry M.L! Jo - 2k10
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,286Posts Today

7,891Users online

Martin's Twitter