Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > Boots 75% off sale - possible date (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Boots 75% off sale - possible date
Views: 636,775
# 1
WOW Factor 0
mcewaj
Old 09-01-2011, 8:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Shoot me down but I am apologising if I shouldn't have posted this here and should have added it to another thread, but thought it saves everyone having to scroll down and read the other pages first!

I was in my local Boots yesterday (Newport, Gwent, Wales) and overheard 2 store managers (suited so guessed they were managers) talking about the Xmas stock, after following them down nearly every stocked aisle I picked up on the following info/ convo:

One says to other, "that seems a little late having the sale then, they'll need shelf space."

The other says, " I know, these 2 aisle's here need to be cleared by the 18th Jan for the greeting cards."

In my head I worked out the 18th is a Tuesday, well going from previous year sales which are a Wednesday then this stock needs to be cleared a week before, hence the Wednesday before being the 12th

Fortunately there was a SA that I know stocking so I asked her if what I heard was right, she said yes and stated there was going to be a 75% sale as they still had loads of stock left (which they did I thought) and that she and other workers had had the heads up it was going to be WEDNESDAY 12TH JANUARY!!!!!

I really really hope so, Ive know become friends with her on Facebook just so she can keep me informed so will share with you all any other info.

Hope this helps though and fingers crossed!!!!
Loves Money Saving Expert so much, my husband says I should marry M.L! Jo - 2k10
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 103 Users Say Thank You to mcewaj For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
SandraScarlett
Old 09-01-2011, 9:12 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

So does that mean keen Bootsers should be getting ready for Tuesday, about 11.58pm, ready for an all-nighter? If it does, I guarantee we'll see tha tango-ed couple, and once they've gone, the site will crash!

Good luck to anyone planning to stay up.

xx
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SandraScarlett For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
mcewaj
Old 09-01-2011, 9:21 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraScarlett View Post
So does that mean keen Bootsers should be getting ready for Tuesday, about 11.58pm, ready for an all-nighter? If it does, I guarantee we'll see tha tango-ed couple, and once they've gone, the site will crash!

xx
possibly!
I will keep you informed if she passes any info to me, fortunately my neighbour has a good friend working in Boots so she usually has heads up, so fingers xd!!! Ill be first in the queue like I was last year if it is, but they best open the doors at 8am, not 8.30am like they did last time, I was freeeezzzzzing and wanted my bargains!!!!
Loves Money Saving Expert so much, my husband says I should marry M.L! Jo - 2k10
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mcewaj For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
beverleyhdsn1983
Old 09-01-2011, 9:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Send a message via MSN to beverleyhdsn1983

Thanks for this, really hope it is this Wednesday, hubby is off work so he can take the kids to school and keep the baby (well toddler) while I queue up lol. WOnt be staying up this year for the online sale tho, carrying twins is tiring work lol.
Mummy to Leeland 5, Lakota 4, Lennox 1 and expecting non id twins March 2011.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beverleyhdsn1983 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
mummy4monsters
Old 09-01-2011, 9:24 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting! I actually spent all day yesterday clearing out my cupboards to make room, just in case I managed to get some Boots bargins, then I read somewhere this morning that the 75% off sale may not be happening this year, so thank you for posting!! Very good news :-) I have so many birthdays in Feb & March so I am very happy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummy4monsters For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
rose28454
Old 09-01-2011, 9:26 PM

Smile

I was going Bristol to see what stock levels were in Broadmead but unfortunately the road from mine was very icy so I turned around and came home. Anyone any idea what stock is like in Broadmead and Cribbs so I can decide where to go? Last year I went to Broadmead 1st and then on to Cribbs as it opens later. Somebody already mentioned Bath does not have much stock so will give that a miss. A bit short of money this year as I used most of my points for Xmas pressies and for a perfume set for DD's bday last week. Really want some more Totes slippers if they make to the sale. Think I will give the online sale a miss as it is too stressful. Lots of luck all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rose28454 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
x__Indigo_x
Old 09-01-2011, 9:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

hope this is true tho there is nothing left in st helens
I am a full time Debt Adviser and I LOVE my job <3
Comments posted on this forum do not reflect the views of my employer

Please note forum police I suffer from dyslexia so my spelling and grammar can be dreadful- sorry but I cant help it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x__Indigo_x For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
stmidwife
Old 09-01-2011, 9:52 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I really hope its next Wednesday (the 19th) as I don't get paid until Friday and there won't be anything left by then!

The Following User Says Thank You to stmidwife For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
Issyc
Old 09-01-2011, 9:55 PM

Thanks to OP. It is like a scene from a Naked Gun film! Made me smile.
# 10
wonderingwhy
Old 09-01-2011, 9:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Went to Bristol Broadmead yesterday - stock levels were very low so don't think they will have that much left to clear.
# 11
chloes
Old 09-01-2011, 11:03 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I work at Boots and head office haven't decided the date yet, we were told that today by our store manager. My manager said it'll be the end of the month if there is one.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chloes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Savvybunny2009
Old 09-01-2011, 11:05 PM

You truly do paint a picture lol.

Thanks for the info, I'm in for the all nighter, I imagine the stock levels will be better online.
May Wins: Cheese Prize
The Following User Says Thank You to Savvybunny2009 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Ilovemykids
Old 09-01-2011, 11:10 PM

Smile

[QUOTE=mcewaj;40071122]

after following them down nearly every stocked aisle I picked up on the following info/ convo:

this made me laugh a true Mse'r,glad I'm not the only one who would do this to 'gather intelligence!'

Thanks op.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ilovemykids For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
phunkles
Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:

xx

See now youve mentioned that couple I know even though I dont want anything Ill stay up because this forum has the funniest people on here and it'll amuse me for quite sometime.
Love is the answer. At least for most of the questions in my heart,
Like why are we here? And where do we go?And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy,And sometimes life can be deceiving,
I'll tell you one thing, its always better when we're together
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to phunkles For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
rose28454
Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 PM

Cool

[QUOTE=Ilovemykids;40076598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcewaj View Post

after following them down nearly every stocked aisle I picked up on the following info/ convo:

Thanks op.
I could not do that in the store in the next town to where I live. They already follow me around the shop when I go there. My New Year's resolution is to not go into that store again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rose28454 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
tara747
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 PM

[QUOTE=Ilovemykids;40076598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcewaj View Post

this made me laugh a true Mse'r,glad I'm not the only one who would do this to 'gather intelligence!'

Thanks op.
Me too
Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs
Save £87,000 by 31 Dec 2014 £54,342 saved by Dec 2011 £62,200 saved by Dec 2012 £74,127 saved by Dec 2013
eBay sales - £4,559.89 so far Cashback - £1,604.71 so far
Be a nicer daughter, sister and friend
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tara747 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Joeylion
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

When I went to broadmead there was stuff on the top level but nothing particular no soap glory or ted baker, but few other things but couldn't get names (This was wednesday)

As for cribbs it's slightly less when I last looked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joeylion For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
jasmineswhiskers
Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:

xx
Good way too of seeing if the sale will be in store the next day.
# 19
mandymoomoo
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Maybe if it says "Holding page 2008"!!! on Boots webpage on Tuesday at midnight, we'll have an idea if its happening. Oooh, I hope it is on. All this talk about there not being one, was very disappointing!!
No more toiletries challenge

# 20
Snakeeyes21
Old 10-01-2011, 2:08 AM
PPR

58 thank for a bit of gossip?
You must all be women

I highly doubt a sales assistant would be told anything about a sale untill they are told to stack the shelves the night before
The Following User Says Thank You to Snakeeyes21 For This Useful Post: Show me >>