Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    karen1573
    Debt collection letter - in dispute with Vodafone, what to do for best?
    • 8th Jan 11, 12:29 PM
    Debt collection letter - in dispute with Vodafone, what to do for best? 8th Jan 11 at 12:29 PM
    Hi all,

I have an ongoing dispute with Vodafone - I cancelled my account in April, but they continued charging me, even after I phoned twice and sent off their email contact form, which supposedly they never received. I cancelled the direct debit in August, and they're now after me for 3 months' worth of £20. I didn't receive their letters chasing me as I'd moved house in the interim and hadn't told them since as far as I was concerned, the account was closed.

Anyway I'm now receiving letters from a debt management company called Fred Prime and then one this morning from a Brian Carter Solicitors asking me for £136 and saying it will go to court in 14 days if not paid.

I am in correspondence with Vodafone about this but I'm concerned (given the appalling service I've had from them so far) about whether they will cancel the debt before court proceddings are issued.

Would it be better for me to pay the outstanding amount and then try to charge it back off Vodafone? (I have the funds available to do this, although it would be a stretch.) I don't want to risk a stain on my credit rating. Or is it better to just continue drilling away at Vodafone?

Any advice would be great - haven't ever had this situation before and am really not sure what to do for the best. Thanks.
Page 3
    • Rffht
    • By Rffht 12th Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rffht
    Hi Lee,

Thank you for your response and apologies for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately we are unable to complete the form as we do not have a valid UK mobile number. We no longer live in the UK.

What would be the best course of action for us to take?

Regards,

James
  • Vodafone
    Hi James,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Although it may no longer be active, please provide the mobile of the account in question.

As long as the other details are correct, I should be able to find the account even if your partner is unable to recall the mobile number exactly.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Rffht
    • By Rffht 13th Jun 17, 6:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rffht
    Hi Lee,

She sent the message through the form and the reference number is 16253766.

Kind regards,

James
  • Vodafone
    Hi James,

I've received the email and I'll get back to her as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,202Posts Today

6,860Users online

Martin's Twitter