NEVER EVER use Hermes courier service!!!!

Luffy321
Luffy321 Posts: 257
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 8 January 2011 at 9:20AM in Praise, vent & warnings
Ordered some clothes from Topman. Usually I pay for express delivery because Im too impatient. HDNL are the couriers for this service. While I wouldnt say they are great, they deliver the package the day they are suppose to. This time however, because of the seasonal shopping (I assume), only standard delivery was available. It said it would be delivered by the courier called Hermes. Never heard of them before, and thought what is the harm.

Anyway, Topman said the package would be here no later then the 5/1/2011. If you see my tracking history, you can see Hermes have their own timeline they abide by.

08/01/2011 08:11 Courier Received
07/01/2011 06:01 Out For Delivery
06/01/2011 08:08 Courier Received
06/01/2011 06:32 Out For Delivery To Courier
05/01/2011 22:52 Processed at Depot
05/01/2011 21:59 Receipt at Depot
04/01/2011 17:14 Hub Sorter Receipt Scan
03/01/2011 22:50 Order Generated

Anyway after 4 days of waiting frantically and not leaving my flat, not one delivery attempt has been made. I went online to research who Hermes actually was and I was shocked to see a catalogue of complaints from various customers. My case is mild compared to other cases I heard. Now that I understand the loose business structure of Hermes, it seems it is a random bag of luck if you recieve your items. Its not even like im living in a rural area, I live in london for godsake. It shouldnt be like this.

Im trying to get the word out, if you see the courier Hermes is associated with delivering your package in anyway, avoid them like the plague! Unlike the speedy greek god, delivery is likely to be slow and frustrating. What shocks me more is that retail companies still partner themselves with such couriers. Unless Hermes fix up their act and treat their workers better, I hope the company ceases to exist.

Comments

• They use self employed drivers so its really down to the courier in your area etc..
    i get parcels a lot from them and always never had a issue even got a parcel delivered when i didn't expect as snow was really bad but suspose our driver in area is one of the good ones:D
    Extra earning 2012 From Surveys Etc

Pure-profile £50...Valued 80..Onepoll £120
    Panelbase £33.00...Shop/Scan £40..Crowd £18.00..PO £10.45..Spring £20..voice £20
    IPSOS £30...My survey £5..Ebay Sales £350
    Pine £21..JTA £5..RO £20..RewardO£20..Wonder £5.O Bar £31
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think I have only just used them once this week and found delivery was prompt once it was shipped, I did find Peacocks though very slow and there ordering system still doesn't show I ordered from them despite in being at Xmas
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    They use self employed drivers so its really down to the courier in your area etc..
    i get parcels a lot from them and always never had a issue even got a parcel delivered when i didn't expect as snow was really bad but suspose our driver in area is one of the good ones:D
    Sarahjayne is right. The Hermes service is wholly dependent on the driver - I have had good & bad in my area. Touch wood, it has been good for a while now but there was a time when I thought the same as you.
  • This one isn't down to Hermes.
    Read the delivery terms and conditions on the Topman website.

Luffy 321 Assuming that you are based in UK Mainland and not in Northern Ireland or offshore Islands the standard delivery is 3-5 working days.
    The order has to be placed before 12 noon.

Look at the tracking information

08/01/2011 08:11 Courier Received
    07/01/2011 06:01 Out For Delivery
    06/01/2011 08:08 Courier Received
    06/01/2011 06:32 Out For Delivery To Courier
    05/01/2011 22:52 Processed at Depot
    05/01/2011 21:59 Receipt at Depot
    04/01/2011 17:14 Hub Sorter Receipt Scan
    03/01/2011 22:50 Order Generated

If the order was placed at 22.50 on the evening of 3rd Jan the first day for processing the order is tuesday 4th Jan so the 3-5 working days starts from that date.

Remember Saturday is not classed as a working day.

tues 4th 1st day
    wed 5th 2nd day
    thurs 6th 3rd day
    friday 7th 4th day
    mon 10th 5th day

If your Parcel is received by today, then the delivery times have been met according to topmans delivery terms and conditions.
    Your gripe, should be with Topman, not Hermes....well not yet anyway.

Topman told you it would be there by the 5th, ask yourself, why did they do that?
  • Hiya,
    I got a email last night to say my parcel had been dispatched. I thought i show you how fast i get my parcels from Hermes...it will show its not the company but yet the driver that is delivering your parcel

11:53 Signature From Customer 10/01/2011
    07:49 Courier Received 10/01/2011
    04:25 Out For Delivery To Courier 09/01/2011
    23:58 Processed at Depot 09/01/2011
    22:50 Receipt at Depot
    Extra earning 2012 From Surveys Etc

Pure-profile £50...Valued 80..Onepoll £120
    Panelbase £33.00...Shop/Scan £40..Crowd £18.00..PO £10.45..Spring £20..voice £20
    IPSOS £30...My survey £5..Ebay Sales £350
    Pine £21..JTA £5..RO £20..RewardO£20..Wonder £5.O Bar £31
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    bcl999 wrote: »
    Sarahjayne is right. The Hermes service is wholly dependent on the driver - I have had good & bad in my area. Touch wood, it has been good for a while now but there was a time when I thought the same as you.
    It is not just dependent on the driver. Lots of factors effect the safe and timely delivery of items from retailers.

The information from the retailer to the courier, mistakes at the time of ordering, insufficient address information, issues with access, availability of the recipient, traffic and weather.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • I've been on the recieving end of poor service from my local delivery driver. I missed delivery Friday, was told it would be delivered next day. I wasn't going to be in so called to arrange it for Weds when I knew I could be in all day, driver agreed. Came home the next day to a note saying "can't deliver Weds, if you're not in tomorrow it will be returned to sender" the annoying thing was I could have arranged for someone to be in on Saturday if she had said she couldn't do Weds!
    Married 5th June 2010
    1st Baby born 12th April 2011:j
  • Flyboy152
    salesadmin wrote: »
    I've been on the recieving end of poor service from my local delivery driver. I missed delivery Friday, was told it would be delivered next day. I wasn't going to be in so called to arrange it for Weds when I knew I could be in all day, driver agreed. Came home the next day to a note saying "can't deliver Weds, if you're not in tomorrow it will be returned to sender" the annoying thing was I could have arranged for someone to be in on Saturday if she had said she couldn't do Weds!
    I'd say that was quite good service. She could have just ignored you altogether and returned it to the depot. Not bad for forty-five pence.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2011 at 3:12PM
    Our herme's delivery driver has lost the plot, She broke up with her partner about 8 months ago and since been going out on dates with other men, She came the other day with no parcel for us asking if we had give her phone number out to some bloke because she had been getting texts off a bloke. Like we're that interested in her sex life!

She only talks as and when it suits her we have no choice but to see her as we work out of our garage so she thinks she can stand there for a natter.

She came today with a parcel from debenhams my mum opened the parcel and the lady then looked at the delivery note and said how can you pay £5.10 for a cup (we had bought denby mugs) like it was any of her business how much we had paid for anything or what we had bought. She's a bit too familiar for our liking.

Steph xx
  • Flyboy152
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    Our herme's delivery driver has lost the plot, She broke up with her partner about 8 months ago and since been going out on dates with other men, She came the other day with no parcel for us asking if we had give her phone number out to some bloke because she had been getting texts off a bloke. Like we're that interested in her sex life!

She only talks as and when it suits her we have no choice but to see her as we work out of our garage so she thinks she can stand there for a natter.

She came today with a parcel from debenhams my mum opened the parcel and the lady then looked at the delivery note and said how can you pay £5.10 for a cup (we had bought denby mugs) like it was any of her business how much we had paid for anything or what we had bought. She's a bit too familiar for our liking.

Steph xx
    That is unacceptable and needs to be reported.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure