Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    su3
    The Money Club????
    • 3rd Nov 06, 8:23 AM
    The Money Club???? 3rd Nov 06 at 8:23 AM
    Has any one heard of The Money Club? I have had an invitation to join "The UK's Premier "Wholesale" Club" They say that for a first years subscription of £9 (subsequently £89) you get trade prices on nearly everything and are guaranteed to save in the first year. Is this too good to be true or is it too good to miss?

If anyone has had experience please let me know before I risk wasting my money or getting tied in to something I can't get out of. Thank you Sue

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Page 9
    • sjwajw
    • By sjwajw 12th Aug 16, 10:18 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sjwajw
    Still alive and kicking
    Been getting calls from a private number for about 3 weeks. Turns out to be The Money Club. I realised immediately this was a scam & when I started asking the difficult questions she put phone down. Who falls for this drivel??
    • sheilayd
    • By sheilayd 11th Nov 16, 12:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sheilayd
    Monclub account
    Absolute scam!! I eventually joined, they took my xx, I cancelled, we'll within time, got bank statement today, £98 gone. Never used it. Unable to email them. And worse, u could do it yourself. It's basically browsing the Internet, which u can do!! Don't touch with a bargepole!!!
    • whydoineedone
    • By whydoineedone 12th May 17, 6:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    whydoineedone
    The Money Club
    Further to other postings, just checked my account and lo and behold! £98 gone by Direct Debit! Called hubby, who said he never made an agreement for them to take money. Apparently they ask for your bank details in order to process a £1 trial fee, which they did, but when you think that that's it, the trial passes and you don't join, they assume you've joined and help themselves to the £98. Thank God for the Direct Debit Guarantee - the bank refunded us. I expect there's a whole load of small print they'll throw at us, but that's not good enough these days, small print is just a cop-out, as they know no-one ever reads it, and it's always heavily weighted in favour of the company.
    • 1kevfp
    • By 1kevfp 21st Jun 17, 12:40 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    1kevfp
    Premier shopping services at it again
    Premier shopping have just called me with their "fabulous money saving deal" : ( - all for a £1. The English caller sounded quite convincing but immediately rang off when I said no to giving him my bank info, the caller number logged was 0116 2555255 so beware and advise all friends and family of this scam
    • The-Equalizer
    • By The-Equalizer 28th Jun 17, 11:58 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    The-Equalizer
    The Money Club are still alive and well.
    Hey Y'all

Got a call out of the blue this morning from this bunch of comedians.
    It was a good sell, and the guy spoke with authority.

So please tell all you more gullible or vulnerable friends and family about the Money Club, sometimes trading as National Wholesale.

Steer well clear.
    Odds Against You ?

Need Help ?

Call Me ?
    • Fuzzzzles
    • By Fuzzzzles 27th Jul 17, 10:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fuzzzzles
    I received a call from these people, calling themselves 'The Money Club - UK's premier shopping service' about paying trade prices for purchases. They called from a Slough number 01753 441520 and told me they received my number after completing a survey and ticking or unticking a box. The line went dead immediately after I said thanks but I wasn't interested - nothing premier about the salesman's telephone manners!

The only place I can think of where I've accidentally clicked on consenting to give out my number, was after completing an online warranty form for my Kenwood kettle. On the warranty form, it's worded to appear that you must click 'Yes' to liking discounts and deals before you can proceed to complete the survey - so beware.
    • Patrickuk
    • By Patrickuk 11th Sep 17, 12:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Patrickuk
    absolute scum
    These !!!!!!!s cold called my 84 year old dad who suffers from dementia and tricked him into giving them his bank account details....

absolute scum of the earth.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

83Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin