**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Comments

• Fredula
    Fredula Posts: 568 Forumite
    Hey! I've decided to join this thread! I started listing things on ebay last weekend (free listings ;) ) although after reading this thread and realising that everything at 0.99 doesn't get listing fees anyway, I could have started much sooner :P Oh well!

So far I've got 66 items listed which so far totals £47.73 :D Happy days! Although I am a bit of a pessemist and I'm expecting things to go wrong.
  • CompletelyLost
    CompletelyLost Posts: 2,862
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sparkle80 wrote: »
    Definitely don't give up...I sold a pair of trousers tonight which ended up with eight bids, the previous times I've listed them I only had one or two watchers, it just takes one person to bid remember.
    I definitely agree with this - I had been relisting a coat for MONTHS at 99p and never got a bid... yet I sold it tonight for £11.50! :D

Actually, this weekend has been an amazing weekend for shifting all the dross items that I've been relisting since the summer. I'm soooo pleased to see the back of so many unwanted items in one go, and they sold for very decent prices too! :j
  • Fredula
    Do you have to pay to relist items that don't sell (if their starting price is 0.99)? And is there an easier way to go about it than having to write everything out again?x
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yup, you just click relist and it starts all over again (you can edit or tweak your listing if you want first). No insertion fees anyway at 99p but if you originally started the auction higher than 99p you get a credit for the insertion fee when you relist.
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
  • too_much_debt
    too_much_debt Posts: 3,218
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sold a few things tonight so pleased with that, have 22 parcels to do tomorrow (eeekkk) Personal and Business items, would have wrapped some this weekend but OH has been working and leaving at 7.30am and not getting back until 9pm so have been too tired to wrap parcels after 9pm, it's been a long weekend as I've had to look after the 3 kids by myself all weekend (they are 6, 5 and 2), am glad the weekend is over.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #016
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I know how you feel tmd; I don't know how you manage a business and personal account. I struggle on a few items on my personal account :(

You have got your hands full - I have it a little easier as mine are 10, 5 and 2 :rotfl:
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • MiaowMiaow
    MiaowMiaow Posts: 414 Forumite
    Hi all! hope everyones items are doing well. About half of mine have watchers (most only 1) so just waiting to see what happens......going to try to list some more items tonight and tomorrow xx
  • Fredula
    A lot of my items end at midnight and midday tomorrow so I'm going to get wrapping tonight.

I also came home to a couple of bags of tat my brother had put out for the charity shop. Needless to say I swiped everything that I think I can sell before they get taken away :P (I know that sounds tight, but charity starts at home! Plus I do work for a charity so it's not like I don't do my bit!)
  • Fredula
    Someone has just placed a bid on some football top trumps I collected from the newspaper last year when the world cup was on o.O...I made it very clear in the bid that they were free from the paper! Lol! How random.
  • jovi20
    jovi20 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Hi,

I had a few items sell over the weekend, including a BIN for £10, which I had reduced from £15 only the day before.

Still got 21 items listed with only one 99p bid!

Profit for March so far is just over £24. Must get some more items listed soon.

jovi20.
    :T 2015 TARGETS :T
    Weight loss 12.5/112lb 18th feb -4.5lb, 25th feb -2.5lb, 4th mar -2.5, 11th Mar -3,

Savings £100 per month £300 /£1200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport