Where to buy sausage skins????

Is there anyone who makes their own sausages?
Where do you buy the skins to make them and which are best to use?
Been looking at sausage making machine - love sausages but like to know what goes into them. Currently buying beef and horseradish ones online from Jimmy's farm cos they are yummy but not very os as quite expensive, but loved watching the programmesand loved the way he treats his animals. Any way going off topic now.
Sausage skins anyone?
Thanks
sophiesmum:D
Reduce,re-use, recycle.

Comments

• I have had brain surgery - sorry if I am a little confused sometimes ;)
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lakeland used to sell them although the veggie oens were not edible?! I guess you used them to shpe/cook your sausages but then had to cut them off?! The regular ones were OK but a little pricy at £4.95 for 2 meters. Don't know if they still sell them though....and I guess 2 meters is a lot of sausage!
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • pol
    pol Posts: 643
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A lot of local butchers will sell them to you, since you're probably buying the meat off them anyway. I got a mincer from Lakeland that had a sausage attachment and it's really good. You can't beat knowing exactly what's in your banger!

pol
    37 mrstwins squares, 6 little bags, 16 RWB squares, 1 ladies cardi, 4 boobs, 20 baby hats, 4 xmas stockings, 1 scarf, 4 prs wristwarmers
  • Hi,

We get ours from Weschenfelders. Their Spice mixes are great too.

Regards,

White.
  • Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pol wrote:
    A lot of local butchers will sell them to you, since you're probably buying the meat off them anyway. I got a mincer from Lakeland that had a sausage attachment and it's really good. You can't beat knowing exactly what's in your banger!

pol

Same place I was going to suggest.
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Weschenfelders or sausagemaking.org is where I get mine. Hog casings are recommended for beginners, so that's what I use. And sausagemaking.org has a useful forum where you can get expert help.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • sophiesmum_2
    sophiesmum_2 Posts: 4,965 Forumite
    Thanks everyone for all your help.
    OH been laughing tonight about sausage maker etc.
    He had asked what I wanted for xmas - sausage maker and some traybake tins and silicon muffin moulds are top of my wish list this year.:D :D
    He wonders why he can't have a "normal" partner as most of friends wives want jewellery, clothes, perfume etc.Says he can't for shame tell his mates he bought a sausage maker for my xmas present:rotfl: :rotfl:
    From my point of view I would rather have something I really want and will actually use, there is only so much jewellery and perfume etc that you need.
    What do you guys think??????
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Heston Blumenthaal (sp) is making sausages at moment on telly BBC2
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    I see you are in the North West Sophiesmum, Boundary Mill at Colne had lots of silicone bakeware in their cookshop. Don't know how price compares to anywhere else though.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure