citylink delivery problems by depot

Hi All.

Have been given today a list of citylinks depots, which also give postcode districts. They give the situation of deliveries at each depot and each postcode and the days backlog, if any

It is on a PDF file, but know I cannot add the file on here.

If any mods are on here reading this and think it may help people who are worried about deliveries via citylink before Xmas, get in touch and I will email it over to you for general use.

All I can say is it is not a pretty picture, guys !

Comments

• rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    vikingaero wrote: »

Nice one Viking !

Exactly what I had, was sent it by citylink as chasing up a fire I was supposed to be fiiting for someone this week. Not holding my breath though. Delayed fitting until after xmas now. customer not happy, but not my fault ! At least she has her old fire to keep her warm.
  • Ami82
    Ami82 Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    I've been waiting on a delivery since last Friday the 17th (i paid for named day delivery) and still waiting. John Lewis kindly refunded me the delivery charge but i doubt i will receive before Christmas now as my status hasn't changed since the 16th. John Lewis has been very good trying to find out as much as possible for me but they too can't speak to anyone at the depot. I've phoned my local CityLink depot (not answering), emailed to no response and collection is a no no as they suspended that. I am feeling a little lost, not sure what to do as i've done everything i can think of to try and find out where and when my parcel will be delivered. Fingers cross we all receive before Christmas otherwise DH will be getting a New Year's present instead, so still a surprise but just not on Christmas day.
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    our postcode is not affected but no sign of parcel from the 12
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • rustyboy21
    sharnad wrote: »
    our postcode is not affected but no sign of parcel from the 12

I would take it up with the retailer as it might be lost,in the wrong depot etc.

retailers have the ability to track it better than you will, They are the customer after all with citylink
  • sharnad
    rustyboy21 wrote: »
    I would take it up with the retailer as it might be lost,in the wrong depot etc.

retailers have the ability to track it better than you will, They are the customer after all with citylink

I have asked my fella to contact the seller tonight - I cant as its my christmas present from him so I have no idea where its coming form or what it is - one thing im sure of it will probably be coming after christmas
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • rustyboy21
    sharnad wrote: »
    I have asked my fella to contact the seller tonight - I cant as its my christmas present from him so I have no idea where its coming form or what it is - one thing im sure of it will probably be coming after christmas

Hope it arrives for you in time, but if it doesnt, get him to keep quiet about what it is, when it does arrive, it will be a better surpise after you have received all your other gifts !

Have a good xmas !
  • Ami82
    Ami82 Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    edited 23 December 2010 at 2:57AM
    Well my named day delivery (for the 17th) parcel finally made it today delivered by CityLink as expected. I was sooo happy i could of kissed the delivery man! Lol! So DH presents all wrapped up under the tree now. PHEW!

sharnad i also agree with rustyboy21 get the shop to contact CityLink or ask them for an update as they do have more info than we do at the moment. I couldn't track my parcel online, i guess Citylink have been too busy to do it either that or the system is down. But, John lewis could give me updates on their system. Fingers crossed for you!
  • rustyboy21
    Ami82 wrote: »
    Well my named day delivery (for the 17th) parcel finally made it today delivered by CityLink as expected. I was sooo happy i could of kissed the delivery man! Lol! So DH presents all wrapped up under the tree now. PHEW!

All's well that ends well so they say.

I ordered our christmas groceries with asda to be delivered today, between 8-10pm, but they didnt arrive.

I am not stressed about it as I have a sainsbury's 200 yds from my house, so will dash over in the morning for me fruit and veg, no problems. I organised it for delivery tonight, so if anything did go wrong, at least I still had time to get a few bits in. Wasn't a massive shop anyway, so not too bothered.

have a good xmas. I have a bloody big fresh turkey in the fridge for the 2 of us, Dont know what posessed me to order one that size but hey ho, will be eating turkey til new years eve by the looks of it ! lol :):xmassign:
  • sharnad
    rustyboy21 wrote: »
    Hope it arrives for you in time, but if it doesnt, get him to keep quiet about what it is, when it does arrive, it will be a better surpise after you have received all your other gifts !

Have a good xmas !

thanks dont think I will get it now but it will still be nice when it comes

well my parcel with city link was scanned at the scanning depot on the 13 to be sent to delivery depot - someone was meant to ring my fella back but they didnt so he rang they havent scanned it in at the delivery depot so im taking it the delivery depots with no problems have a ten day backlog of parcels to scan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure