Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ste_d43
    To pay or not to pay? PCN NW LTD
    • 14th Dec 10, 8:17 PM
    To pay or not to pay? PCN NW LTD 14th Dec 10 at 8:17 PM
    Hi all,

I realise this has probably been done to death. But I was slightly alarmed today to find a 'parking charge notice' of 90 quis stuck on my window when parked on the edge of a drive way access to JTF Delivery business unit on an industrial estate in Fulwood.

As far as I recall there were no yellow lines, no notices, no nothing. Yet the notice claims I have contravened code 08 'no parking at any time'.

I've not really dealt with this before and don''t know whether this is enforceable or not. From what I read I should make no reply at all and just ignore all contact. But being abit unsure some reassurance would not go amiss.

Any thoughts would be most gratefully accepted.

Best, SD
Page 1
    • paulwellerfan
    • By paulwellerfan 14th Dec 10, 8:24 PM
    • 1,133 Posts
    • 1,068 Thanks
    paulwellerfan
    • 14th Dec 10, 8:24 PM
    • 14th Dec 10, 8:24 PM
    google it... i did....
    you will get your answers there.
    as you state this has been done to death.

in the nicest possible way i meant that....
    marry xmas...
    i meant merry xmas.
    soz to many after work beers
    credit card bill. £0.00
    overdraft £0.00
    Help from the state £0.00
  • ste_d43
    • 14th Dec 10, 9:12 PM
    • 14th Dec 10, 9:12 PM
    Thanks, yeah I did google it and thats how i ended up here.

Is it worth trying to contact the police in the area?

Anyone have any specific experience of this pcn nw ltd company?
    • anewman
    • By anewman 14th Dec 10, 9:17 PM
    • 8,773 Posts
    • 6,257 Thanks
    anewman
    • 14th Dec 10, 9:17 PM
    • 14th Dec 10, 9:17 PM
    Is it worth trying to contact the police in the area?
    Originally posted by ste_d43
    In a word - no. They'll just palm you off and say it's a civil matter.

Anyone have any specific experience of this pcn nw ltd company?
    epipoo.com+pcn+nw+pepipoo" target="_blank">http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+siteepipoo.com+pcn+nw+pepipoo

Do not pay, do not contact (you'll just get a letter back saying appeal rejected, pay up and they'll hassle you all the more), and ignore ignore ignore. Only thing not to ignore is court papers, but since that won't happen you'll be fine.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 14th Dec 10, 9:22 PM
    • 34,347 Posts
    • 44,095 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 14th Dec 10, 9:22 PM
    • 14th Dec 10, 9:22 PM
    In a word - no. They'll just palm you off and say it's a civil matter.

epipoo.com+pcn+nw+pepipoo" target="_blank">http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+siteepipoo.com+pcn+nw+pepipoo

Do not pay, do not contact (you'll just get a letter back saying appeal rejected, pay up and they'll hassle you all the more), and ignore ignore ignore. Only thing not to ignore is court papers, but since that won't happen you'll be fine.
    Originally posted by anewman
    Exactly what anewman said.

completely ignore everything they send you.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    • anewman
    • By anewman 14th Dec 10, 9:26 PM
    • 8,773 Posts
    • 6,257 Thanks
    anewman
    • 14th Dec 10, 9:26 PM
    • 14th Dec 10, 9:26 PM
    Oh and just to save you worrying when you get them, the next letters will be from Generic Debt Collections Ltd (or similar business name) from the desk opposite the PCN NW one in the same office. The aim of this is to scare you into paying, but basically they have no powers whatsoever and the ignore ignore ignore rule still applies for those.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Dec 10, 10:21 PM
    • 35,023 Posts
    • 45,737 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Dec 10, 10:21 PM
    • 14th Dec 10, 10:21 PM
    Read the stickies at the top of the forum, showing typical threatograms from debt collectors that you just need to ignore because the whole generic parking industry are cowboys.

The top stickies also include a link to Watchdog this year, with a solicitor showing Anne Robinson how to make a paper aeroplane from a PPC bogus PCN (for it is bogus).

Here's the current board with stickies at the top plus LOADS of threads just like yours:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

Don't worry about it, join the club and ignore a PPC for Christmas. Nothing will happen at all to you, no Court, no CCJ, no effect on your credit rating at all.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ste_d43
    • 15th Dec 10, 2:10 PM
    • 15th Dec 10, 2:10 PM
    ok, thanks for your responses folks...i shall bite my tongue, not rise to their baiting fine tickets and under no circumstances contact them

about time the police clamped down on this sort of behaviour to my mind
    • anewman
    • By anewman 15th Dec 10, 5:49 PM
    • 8,773 Posts
    • 6,257 Thanks
    anewman
    • 15th Dec 10, 5:49 PM
    • 15th Dec 10, 5:49 PM
    about time the police clamped down on this sort of behaviour to my mind
    Bear in mind much worse things happen, such as in the recent thread on clampers deregistering vehicles the same day they clamped and towed them and selling them on, with both the Police and DVLA refusing to take any action whatsoever, and the car owner given no opportunity to pay a clamp release and tow fee. They're clearly just stealing the cars to make money and getting away with daylight robbery because they're licensed clampers.
  • ste_d43
    quick update,

i had a further letter from pcn nw doubling my 'fine', ignored this

now i've had a letter off moorcroft debt recovery asking me to stump up

is it worth going to see the CAB about all this nonsense, or shall i just put it down to a bad dream and if i ignore it for long enough it will go away?

such a tedious waste of everyones time...
    • Orford
    • By Orford 4th Mar 11, 3:45 PM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    Orford

is it worth going to see the CAB about all this nonsense,
    Definitely not, CAB are pretty clueless with regard to private parking tickets. They tend to view them as akin to council PCN's and nearly always advise to pay up. Just keep ignoring.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Mar 11, 5:42 PM
    • 35,023 Posts
    • 45,737 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    quick update,

i had a further letter from pcn nw doubling my 'fine', ignored this

now i've had a letter off moorcroft debt recovery asking me to stump up

is it worth going to see the CAB about all this nonsense, or shall i just put it down to a bad dream and if i ignore it for long enough it will go away?

Don't even think about wasting your time with the CAB!

Guess who re-wrote their guidance notes about private parking fines? It was the BPA apparently! It now says 'ooo, there may be a contract, ooo, you should appeal...etc.

You couldn't make it up, the PPCs' members' club writing the CAB guidance!

Let me Google them (Moorcroft and PCN NW) for you to see what other forums say:

Google result
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 04-03-2011 at 5:49 PM.

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.

• Oopsadaisy
    ...if i ignore it for long enough it will go away?

Er.....I think you already know the answer to that one...... [based on the thousands of responses on identical questions on here and rest of t'internet]...
  • zicok
    hi
    i have the same problem too, not usre if it is the same company, but when i rang and told them i will not be paying and what will happen, the guy told me that it will be passed on to a collection agency? and that i hav ebroken a contract with the car park!? i have scanned it for you guys to look at but dont know how to post it on here!! lol
  • AlexisV
    Moorcroft sent me 6 letters for a non-parking but similarly non-existent debt and then gave up.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Mar 11, 6:13 PM
    • 35,023 Posts
    • 45,737 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    i have the same problem too, not usre if it is the same company, but when i rang and told them i will not be paying and what will happen, the guy told me that it will be passed on to a collection agency? and that i hav ebroken a contract with the car park!? i have scanned it for you guys to look at but dont know how to post it on here!! lol
    Originally posted by zicok

Dunno why you rang them! The only 'problem' you have is that the cowboys have your phone number to harass you with now and you'll have to tell them to do one when they call!

Why do you seem surprised about the 'collection agency'? Our top sticky thread shows the exact debt collection agency letters that these companies use (debt collectors being toothless pen-pushing call centres who do NOT have bailiff powers). You don't need to post the bogus PCN up here, nor the debt collector letters - we have seen them all before and so can you if you look at the sticky threads.

The link to the whole board view (stickies at the top) is in my post #7 above from 14th December.

The top stickies also include a link to Watchdog a few months ago, with a solicitor showing Anne Robinson how to make a paper aeroplane from a PPC bogus PCN (for it is bogus).

HTH
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 16-03-2011 at 6:16 PM.

• Oopsadaisy
    Originally posted by zicok
    In other words....me too. Exact same as several hundred other posts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,829Posts Today

7,464Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @hugorifkind: Arguing that Hitler was a Zionist is like arguing that the slave trade was pro-immigration. Get a grip.

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Morning! In this week's email: Loads of ways to save inc. Urgent Sky £30/mth, M&S 50%, £36off Tesco & Hotpoint wins: ht?

• RT @GMB: Fancy coming on GMB to learn how to save loads on your car insurance with @MartinSLewis? Find out more: https://t.co/B9vQfOliPA

• Follow Martin