Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales > Collect+ (Collect Plus) Promotional codes? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Collect+ (Collect Plus) Promotional codes?
Closed Thread
Views: 38,118
# 1
Mancunian
Old 08-12-2010, 4:05 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Collect+ (Collect Plus) Promotional codes?

hi!

does anyone know of any discount codes for the great delivery service collect+ (www.collectplus.co.uk) ?

thanks in advance
PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
# 2
George666
Old 08-12-2010, 4:55 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi OP I don't know any codes but from previous bad experiance with them as a buyer waiting for a delivery to be made I would not use them at all.
Also the fact that as a seller on ebay using a service like this is not covered by the seller protection program it is probably not a good idea to use this service to send items sold on ebay as a paypal charge back could leave you with no money and no item so really this service is totally unsuitable for ebay deliveries.
And finally read this thread to see what other members think about this companies service link below.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1970575
The Following User Says Thank You to George666 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Mancunian
Old 08-12-2010, 5:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

thanks George666, someone else has posted positive info as well now so looks like they have got their act together now.

I'll look into the 'Seller protection' query, as ebay were recommending them previously and now u can even link your ebay account to the collectplus site:-

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/ebay
PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

# 4
Mancunian
Old 08-12-2010, 5:09 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

aaaahhhh

PLAY GOOD!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mancunian For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
George666
Old 08-12-2010, 5:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

My bad experiance as a buyer was just last week so they most definitly have not got their act together.
They kept telling the seller that the parcel was at a local shop so I went there and no parcel was there for me to pick up.
When the seller checked his local shop it had not even been picked up it was still in the shop it had been sitting there waiting for over a week.
If the seller did not tell them about this they would have never known as they thought it had been delivered to my local shop.
When I finally recieved it it looked like it had been soaked in water at one point and dried out luckily the item was undamaged but I say this again this was one of the worst sale experiances I have ever had on ebay and it is a bad experiance due entirly to collectplus.
# 6
George666
Old 08-12-2010, 5:17 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancunian View Post
aaaahhhh

This only counts if you live in the shop the parcel is being delivered to as the tracking in the event of a paypal claim has to be to the registered address of the paypal account holder everyone who regularly uses ebay knows this.
Proof of delivery to a shop will not count as proof delivery to a customers registered address regardless of what this two bit companies website says.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George666 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
soolin
Old 08-12-2010, 5:46 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I think ebay are being a littl enaughty there as that is very misleading. It isn't ebay protection that worries me it is paypal protection and unless parcel tracks to the address in paypal that they say is 'OK to send to' you will lose a claim.

Anyway, if i buy something i want it delivered to me, not to a shop where i have to lug it home again.
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide
# 8
Mancunian
Old 08-12-2010, 6:12 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by George666 View Post
My bad experiance as a buyer was just last week so they most definitly have not got their act together.
They kept telling the seller that the parcel was at a local shop so I went there and no parcel was there for me to pick up.
When the seller checked his local shop it had not even been picked up it was still in the shop it had been sitting there waiting for over a week.
If the seller did not tell them about this they would have never known as they thought it had been delivered to my local shop.
When I finally recieved it it looked like it had been soaked in water at one point and dried out luckily the item was undamaged but I say this again this was one of the worst sale experiances I have ever had on ebay and it is a bad experiance due entirly to collectplus.
Hi George, thanks for the info.

Did the item have full tracking details online as they are repeatedly Barcode scanned along it's journey.
What did customer service say?

Soolin, just noticed that the eBay linked site ONLY lets u use the £4.99 'direct to door, service.

The store collection service is good for people out in the day say at work. I usually give my buyers the option and separate prices.

Remember, this is simply an easy interface to the existing Home Delivery Network.
PLAY GOOD!

Last edited by Mancunian; 08-12-2010 at 6:15 PM.
# 9
George666
Old 08-12-2010, 6:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Hi George, thanks for the info.

Did the item have full tracking details online as they are repeatedly Barcode scanned along it's journey.
What did customer service say?

Soolin, just noticed that the eBay linked site ONLY lets u use the £4.99 'direct to door, service.

The store collection service is good for people out in the day say at work. I usually give my buyers the option and separate prices.

Remember, this is simply an easy interface to the existing Home Delivery Network.
The customer service was none existant as the tracking showed it was at my local shop when it was not and had not even been picked up from the sellers local shop so to the customer service team it was a case of computer says no we had to get the sellers local shop to phone their team to verify the parcel was still there before they would do anything at all about it.
Now you mention the Home Delivery Network it all makes sense and I thought I recognised the poor level of service when dealing with collect plus.
See this link that will tell you just how rubbish Home Delivery Network really is.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...4991&highlight
# 10
soolin
Old 08-12-2010, 7:31 PM

Oh so it is Home Delivery Network is it, that's me out then regardless of whether it is to a shop or door to door.
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide
# 11
Mancunian
Old 08-12-2010, 7:37 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Yup, if u get bad service I won't use them either, so far so good.

It's good we have a lot of choice these days!
PLAY GOOD!

# 12
George666
Old 08-12-2010, 7:59 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by soolin View Post
I think ebay are being a littl enaughty there as that is very misleading. It isn't ebay protection that worries me it is paypal protection and unless parcel tracks to the address in paypal that they say is 'OK to send to' you will lose a claim.

Anyway, if i buy something i want it delivered to me, not to a shop where i have to lug it home again.
Soolin that screen shot Mancunian posted is not from ebay it is from the collectplus website so it is collectplus that is trying to decieve its customers.

Quote:
Yup, if u get bad service I won't use them either, so far so good.

It's good we have a lot of choice these days!
The problem with that train of thought is when you sell ten items on ebay and the home delivery network mess up all of the orders and to add insult to injury go on to insult all of your buyers and your ebay selling account is badly damaged.
In the thread I started a while ago about the home delivery network this is what happened to the seller I bought from the first time I used that seller they had 4.9 in all catagories and 99.9% with over 90000 positive feedback and were a top rated seller and used DHL to deliver my item it was a perfect transaction.
Now when I checked them out after they started using the home delivery network as a courier they were no longer a top rated seller and they only had a DSR of 4.5 in the delivery time catagory their other DSRs are still 4.9 their feedback has also dropped to 97.6 and all of their negatives are delivery related and that happened to them in just a couple of weeks of using the home delivery network to deliver their items that was a while ago and their account when I checked still has not fully recovered.
Soolin is right to say I am out to the home delivery network I say that as well because I like my top rated status on ebay and all the sales it brings with it.
# 13
DonnyDave
Old 05-03-2011, 3:34 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I am looking for delivery of an item about 1.8kg in weight. Looking at Collect Plus delivery to the buyer's door at £4.99.

I note that it is only once registered and a delivery post code is put in that it mentions £4.99 to the door. The price quoted prior to registration is £3.49 which is to a pick-up point (e.g. local shop).

The only service I've found which beats this on price is Hermes.
# 14
annie-c
Old 05-03-2011, 4:36 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I have used C+ a few times for ebay parcels and have been very pleased with the service. Average 2 days for delivery and love the convenience of dropping at the corner shop in the evenings.

I have used the £4,99 service for delivery to the door and it tracks online so is eligible for seller protection.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annie-c For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
DonnyDave
Old 05-03-2011, 4:42 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Does it charge more to deliver to the Highlands, Northern Ireland and places such as Isle of Wight?

How do you go on as a seller if your courier charges extra for delivery to these locations? How do you specify this when listing?
# 16
deanos
Old 06-03-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soolin View Post

On the flip side i work all day until late, and its good to know i can collect if from my local shop that opens at 6am and closes at 9pm at a convenient time to me
# 17
DonnyDave
Old 06-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanos View Post
On the flip side i work all day until late, and its good to know i can collect if from my local shop that opens at 6am and closes at 9pm at a convenient time to me
This is a good point. Daytime deliveries can be inconvenient for recipients and couriers alike.

They waste the time of those delivering who could be transporting goods to people who are available to take receipt.
# 18
TUS
Old 07-03-2011, 1:25 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I've mainly had good experiences with them, although it has taken until Day 5 to deliver almost every time. The times it has taken longer (no more than 6 days) they have sent me a free parcel code a few days later automatically which is good.

I will echo the post which mentioned the condition of the box - a number of times they have arrived looking like they have been soaked through and battered. However, I've never used them for anything of massive value so thats not an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to TUS For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
Strapped
Old 07-03-2011, 2:23 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUS View Post
I've mainly had good experiences with them, although it has taken until Day 5 to deliver almost every time. The times it has taken longer (no more than 6 days) they have sent me a free parcel code a few days later automatically which is good.

I will echo the post which mentioned the condition of the box - a number of times they have arrived looking like they have been soaked through and battered. However, I've never used them for anything of massive value so thats not an issue.
May be an issue for your buyer though!
They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
The Following User Says Thank You to Strapped For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
TUS
Old 07-03-2011, 3:43 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapped View Post
May be an issue for your buyer though!
Er, well no as I didn't use the service as an eBay seller :-p It was to receive stuff.
Closed Thread