Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 28th Nov 10, 1:45 PM
    • 8,276Posts
    • 31,508Thanks
    ampersand
    Turbo lister problems-'ERROR - CONDITION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS CATEGORY.'
    • 28th Nov 10, 1:45 PM
    Turbo lister problems-'ERROR - CONDITION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS CATEGORY.' 28th Nov 10 at 1:45 PM
    Hello,
    I have not used ebay for a year or so and cannot upload things.
    Message comes:
    'ERROR - CONDITION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS CATEGORY.'
    I fed this into Help[having wasted a useless 30 mins with erroneously labelled 'live chat' -completely frustrating, useless] and read an April 2010 directive requiring this in my category.
    However, there is no dropdown as described for me to fill in, so I am stuck.
    Any help please?
    As usual with ebay attempts, another 2/3 days completely wasted.
    Last edited by ampersand; 28-11-2010 at 1:45 PM. Reason: heading altered
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 28th Nov 10, 1:59 PM
    • 59,464 Posts
    • 42,168 Thanks
    soolin
    • 28th Nov 10, 1:59 PM
    • 28th Nov 10, 1:59 PM
    Try a full update as you need the drop down menu for item condition before you can list. If that doesn't work you may have to uninstall and reinstall it to get the latest version.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 28th Nov 10, 2:04 PM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 31,508 Thanks
    ampersand
    • 28th Nov 10, 2:04 PM
    • 28th Nov 10, 2:04 PM
    Dear soolin, thankyou...yet again, as I recall from past problems.
    Where shall I try and take that update from please? - thought I had tried, but nothing seems to have changed.
    I'll try again in line with your instructions - if you have time to post them.
    Thankyou again.
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• durham_girl
    • 28th Nov 10, 2:20 PM
    • 28th Nov 10, 2:20 PM
    Tools - Check for program updates
    30/7/10

24/1/14
    • soolin
    • By soolin 28th Nov 10, 2:21 PM
    • 59,464 Posts
    • 42,168 Thanks
    soolin
    • 28th Nov 10, 2:21 PM
    • 28th Nov 10, 2:21 PM
    OK, this is going to be one of 'my' explanations so someone else may have to translate it to something more easily understood!

OPen Turbo lister, top left hand shows 'tools' in there opt for 'complete version update'. Also do a full backup from the main menu as well in case it collapses on the update.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 28th Nov 10, 3:16 PM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 31,508 Thanks
    ampersand
    • 28th Nov 10, 3:16 PM
    • 28th Nov 10, 3:16 PM
    All done, but still no joy.
    Have copied body of listings to Notepad and will now uninstall,reinstall turbolister.
    'I may be gone some time' and it's Captain Oates weather, too.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• durham_girl
    • 28th Nov 10, 4:04 PM
    • 28th Nov 10, 4:04 PM
    Rather than copying to Notepad, you can export your current listings into a file and save it to your computer.

Select files you wish to export - File - Export selected files - Turbo Lister Format (CSV) files - Save it somewhere you can easily find it. I normally stick it on the desktop - voila!

When you've reinstalled, it's File - Import Items - From File - find your previous file and it will upload all of the listings.
    30/7/10

24/1/14
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 28th Nov 10, 7:34 PM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 31,508 Thanks
    ampersand
    • 28th Nov 10, 7:34 PM
    • 28th Nov 10, 7:34 PM
    Have never succeeded with this, despite ebay calling me back - about 2 years ago. They couldn't sort it out either.
    I have just had enforced shutdown and restart of computer and am about to start again for the 38th time since Thursday to get started on ebay again - despite all that I have read, done, tried. I have read the 9-page complaint forum on ebay about this very thing...no further forward.
    #########
    .....and Rafa has just lost the tennis final.
    Last edited by ampersand; 28-11-2010 at 7:40 PM.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• ampersand
    • By ampersand 29th Nov 10, 9:24 AM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 31,508 Thanks
    ampersand
    • 29th Nov 10, 9:24 AM
    • 29th Nov 10, 9:24 AM
    Working.....finally, a bit after 02.30h.
    Hope this is it now.
    Thankyou for all your input.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

805Posts Today

6,551Users online

Martin's Twitter