Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Santander Hard Selling Identity Protection
    • 19th Nov 10, 9:16 AM
    Santander Hard Selling Identity Protection 19th Nov 10 at 9:16 AM
    I received my new Santander Credit Card this week to replace one expiring at the end of the month and just called to activate it. After the card was activated the conversation went like this...

CS: Santander have asked me to tell you about their identity fraud protection...
    Me: It's ok I'm not interested in taking out insurance
    CS: Why not?
    Me: I'm very careful with personal documents and I know it will cost me a monthly fee
    CS: It'll cost you far more if your card is stolen
    Me: Why would it cost me if my card was stolen?
    CS: Identity theft is separate to your card it would cost you money
    Me: I'm really not interested thanks
    CS: Why not, you could have your identity stolen
    Me: No thanks - hang up

The condescending tone he used was shocking. I can now see exactly why Santander score so low in the customer service department. Has anyone else come across this?

I also had to speak to them earlier in the week because a transaction of < 100 was declined for no reason. I was trying to make a purchase from Orange and he guessed it was a Santander card and said it happens all the time. Customer services could offer me no explanation.
    Last edited by blued; 19-11-2010 at 9:18 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

209Posts Today

1,277Users online

Martin's Twitter