Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 18th Nov 10, 3:29 PM
    • 533Posts
    • 1,672Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Sorting through my rubbish
    • 18th Nov 10, 3:29 PM
    Sorting through my rubbish 18th Nov 10 at 3:29 PM
    I have been lurking on this website for a few years now, mainly reading threads and posting occassionally. Started PADding (twice) and stopped (twice!). Avide fan of the OS threads - all hail the Stardrops

I have managed, mainly through being a shopaholic and a hoarder, to get myself in a real pickle both financially and in the house. My home is bulging at the seams with my possessions as well as those of my 3 kids, DH and our large dog! Something has got to give.

I have started the great declutter, many bags have already gone to the charity shop, some to the tip and lots of stuff ebayed but there is lots more to go through. I need the space in the loft so that eventually DS1 can move up there, but first I need the money from ebaying stuff to help clear debts so that I can fund the necessary building work.

And so it begins...my diary...2011 is the year I am going to attempt to clear my loft and one of my cc debts (the one with highest interest rate - I have been snowballing!). Going to keep grocery expenses to minimum, thankfully I am quite adept at making meals from what is whoopsied or on offer and the family are not really fussy eaters. Resist buying new toiletteries etc (bathroom cabinets are already groaning) and I don't really need new clothes or shoes and will keep to a minimum what I buy for the kids.

Anyone who wants to join me for the ride please feel free, I am sure it will be a bit of a roller coaster - my life usually isand any tips/advice gratefully accepted.

Wish me luck

REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    LOAN £14000 £13553 - DFD September 2022
    Weightloss 13.9 24/10/17 13.0 24/11/17
Page 27
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 12th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Another cold, grey day here.

So DH cooked the cottage pie last night, which was great, but he is a nightmare in many respects, he used a whole bag of mince and went out and bought brocoli and brussells sprouts to go with it when we had both and other veg a plenty in the freezer! Very frustrating! If I had cooked it I would have used half a bag of mince, bulked out with grated carrot and some diced mixed veg and served with frozen green beans and sweetcorn.

Anyway not sure what is for dinner tonight as DH is cooking again, I did suggest the rest of the cottage pie but he wants to freeze it for another day! The weekend should be quite frugal, just me and DD as DH is working most of it. We have no plans for the weekend, I'm exhausted so will be glad to just get the chores done asap on Saturday and chill for the rest of the time, girly films, facepacks and chocolate! DD may have other plans!

Just realised that I haven't sorted out the basket of toiletries yet for the bathroom (ones to use up and get rid of). Will do that this weekend and also organise my stash of toiletries and cosmetics, getting rid of any that are too old or I'm not going to use.

I treated a friend to lunch today, a local retaurant has a winter special, all food half price so dead cheap and a nice excuse to catch up, £6.50 for two mains, tap water and a lime and soda! I've also ordered a picture from a friend you does up cycling, it will perfectly in our bedroom, bit of an extravagance but I think its worth it.

Spends today - £6.50 lunch for me and my colleague, £25 bespoke picture for bedroom.
    Toiletries used up - Bath foam, SBC lavender and hair treatment all used up last night so £3 in the tin
    Clothes budget £260+£40 birthday money = £300

- £13 (tapestry boots, N@xt sale) = £287

Take care

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 15th Jan 18, 11:42 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Well I didn't get my relaxed weekend, family health dramas which are ongoing, but can't be helped, life likes to throw problems at us.

We did eat up the cottage pie on Friday. Saturday I treated us to a Fake Away (£3.09 Indian meal for two from L!dls, we had two bags!) and yesterday I just did a quick Puttanesca due to being in the hospital all day. Not even sure what we will have tonight as my mind is all over the place to be honest.

Managed to get the chores done on Saturday luckily and watched a film with DD but didnt achieve anything on Sunday, will try and tackle toiletries during the week. More deliveries from Next but not actually decided to keep anything yet.

Spends today - None (and over weekend just bought groceries and flowers for person in hospital (they were £8.50))
    Toiletries used up - Dry shampoo, £1 in tin.

Got to go now, have a good day

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 17th Jan 18, 10:04 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

We had snow last night but it's all gone this morning.

More deliveries from Next but due to hospital visits haven't had time to sort through them, hence no more to deduct from my clothes budget!

I made a chilli on Monday night and was going to have the rest last night but due to hospital visit (1 hour journey each way), the late hour and the snow I treated DD to a Subway, we haven't had one in so long it was a real treat. So I guess it's chilli tonight. We also have a hm chinese chicken curry in the freezer so that can be a quick dinner one night.

I have a long weekend this week which I really need as I am exhausted, not really sleeping due to stress and worry.

Spends today - None (yesterday I bought a sausage roll for lunch £1.05 and treated DD to Subway last night £10)
    Toiletries used up - L'0ccitane Verbena shower gel (travel size) £1 in tin.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,841Users online

Martin's Twitter