Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 18th Nov 10, 3:29 PM
    • 525Posts
    • 1,664Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Sorting through my rubbish
    • 18th Nov 10, 3:29 PM
    Sorting through my rubbish 18th Nov 10 at 3:29 PM
    I have been lurking on this website for a few years now, mainly reading threads and posting occassionally. Started PADding (twice) and stopped (twice!). Avide fan of the OS threads - all hail the Stardrops

I have managed, mainly through being a shopaholic and a hoarder, to get myself in a real pickle both financially and in the house. My home is bulging at the seams with my possessions as well as those of my 3 kids, DH and our large dog! Something has got to give.

I have started the great declutter, many bags have already gone to the charity shop, some to the tip and lots of stuff ebayed but there is lots more to go through. I need the space in the loft so that eventually DS1 can move up there, but first I need the money from ebaying stuff to help clear debts so that I can fund the necessary building work.

And so it begins...my diary...2011 is the year I am going to attempt to clear my loft and one of my cc debts (the one with highest interest rate - I have been snowballing!). Going to keep grocery expenses to minimum, thankfully I am quite adept at making meals from what is whoopsied or on offer and the family are not really fussy eaters. Resist buying new toiletteries etc (bathroom cabinets are already groaning) and I don't really need new clothes or shoes and will keep to a minimum what I buy for the kids.

Anyone who wants to join me for the ride please feel free, I am sure it will be a bit of a roller coaster - my life usually isand any tips/advice gratefully accepted.

Wish me luck

REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    LOAN £14000 £13553 - DFD September 2022
    Weightloss 13.9 24/10/17 13.0 24/11/17
Page 26
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 4th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All!

Hope everyone is well, lots of colds doing the rounds here which I am doing my best to avoid!

Trixie, you are so right about not being able to put a price on time and no matter how much extra we earn it seems to disappear just as fast. I have just turned down a £6k pay rise as I didn't want the job (internal promotion), hadn't applied for it for that reason but was offered it anyway, the extra money would have been nice but my heart wouldn't have been in it and I know i would have been stressed to the gills with it. Plus, I really would like to drop a day a week in the next 12/18 months. Oh and yes, very excited about first DGC!!!

DH has sorted his finances and made a start in repaying the money he has frittered, shame he is having to repay instead of building the savings pot!!!

I think we need to sit down and look at the household budget, energy saving etc as I've not noticed much difference yet in the amount we are spending and I thought with DS2 leaving for Uni I would have saved more. I've just attended an Energy Saving seminar so have a few things I need to check about our new home.

I have also asked DH to address our diet, since he has been home and doing most of the cooking I seem to have put on almost a stone I think this is a combination of what he is cooking and the portion sizes which are totally out of whack, plus he is a devil for puddings and snacks in the evening, the odd chocolate bar, popcorn etc. I was moritifed when I got on the scales this morning!

Anyway off to do some work now, have a great day all

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 9th Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Hope you all had a nice relaxed weekend, I certainly did. Got a bit more of the garden sorted with DH, it is looking so different from when we moved in!

Bought very little in the way of food this weekend. We went to B-i-L's for dinner on Saturday, took a bottle of wine with us and I made Puttenesca yesterday from stocks so a pretty frugal weekend. DH is well into making our bread now, with only three of us at home a small loaf lasts us several days (gone are the days of a loaf a day!) and even DD really likes his homemade concoctions! We have been taking advantage of Lidl's good weekend deals on wine, buying a case a time which will either make nice Christmas pressies for friends or be kept by us for the fesitive period and any entertaining we do.

I am finding small pleasures in using things that we all ready have rather than buying more, I lit some pumpkin spiced candles last night and enjoyed a mini facial using up some of my products. I sorted through my wardrobe and packed away my summer clothes and dug out the winter things, I'm actually looking forward to warm tights and boots!! Tonight I plan a nice, hot, bubbly bath and then will redo my nails.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 13th Oct 17, 12:36 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Happy Friday, I'm on call this weekend so may not get much of a break but at least I won't be in the office, I plan to chill and watch some films with my daughter. It will be a particularly frugal weekend as not worth even trying to go anywhere or do anything as the phone is bound to ring!

Been managing the food budget, using up things we already have, had a gammon joint, eggs and homemade chips on wednesday night (all in the fridge and all needed using), then yesterday used up the rest of the gammon in a quiche, jacket potatoes and veg from the freezer. Tonight will be chicken breasts from the freezer, cooked in one of those seasoning cook in the bag jobs (reduced to 15p) with the last of the spuds and more frozen veg, small food shop tomorrow for the weekend. Saturday will probably be pizza and garlic bread from the freezer and a mini roast on Sunday as we have some joints from Iceland and can get a few veg and yorkshire pud to go with it.

I've just checked my Experian and despite my taking out the loan and messing about with quotes etc my score has only dropped by 16 points and is still in the high excellent range so I am happy with that. Need to make sure a couple of the credit card accounts are closed off so hopefully will go back up again next month.

I've been enjoying my pampering, using the products I all ready have, face masks, moisturisers, serums, body butters etc, makes me feel better and ensures none of these lovely things go to waste.

DS2 will be back the end of next week so that will mean more food etc but will be lovely to have him home again for a week, he is loving Uni and has adjusted well to city life.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, see you on the other side!!

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 16th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

As predicted ours was very chilled. Visited a friend on saturday morning and on Sunday we were child free so treated ourselves to breakfast out, got a few bits of groceries and then pottered about at home. The oncall phone was thankfully very quiet.

We had the pizzas out of the freezer for dinner on Saturday, lunch was just some homemade bread with some lovely Crunchy Cheddar. Sunday due to having breakfast out we didnt have any lunch and as it was just the two of us I knocked up a quick Cottage Pie for dinner with ingredients from the freezer, it was blooming lovely too!

Dinner tonight is bacon and mushroom pasta to use up some mushrooms from the fridge, tommorrows will probably be liver and bacon in the slow cooker as I am meeting a friend for drinks after work. Wednesday I have a study day so will make something nice then and hopefully have enough for Thursday as well as I have a late meeting in another town then. By Friday DS2 will be home so will probably make his favourite pasta bake, saturday may be pizzas again and then sunday we are having a big family roast.

DD visited my sister yesterday and came home with a bag of hand-me-downs from my nieces, she does very well out of them!

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 23rd Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Sorry I've been MIA for a week, been hectic at work.

Had a nice chilled weekend, takeaway with DS2 and his g/f on Saturday and roast dinner with DS1 and his g/f yesterday. Pottered around, gave the family bathroom and kitchen a deep clean. DH and I went to see his brothers new house, they are remodelling it and have a lot of work still to do before they can move in, but it should be lovely.

Food wise, we have been eating out of the stocks, just bought a few bits like milk and bread flour. Tonight we have chilli, made from beefburgers as we won't be having any more barbeques this year and I hate cooking burgers in the house because of the smell, so gound up the burgers and use them like mince.

I have started following the 16:8 diet, you 'fast' for 16 hours of the day (so 8pm - 12noon the next day) and condense your eating into the other 8 hours, no need to calorie count etc. I'm hoping to extend it most days as we have usually eaten dinner by 7pm and I'll try not to have luch until 1pm. During the fast times you can have as much water, black tea and coffee as you like. There are supposed to be great health benefits as well as weight loss, I need to lose about 2 stone (1 of which I have put on in the last 6 months with DH doing most of the cooking!). I have tried the 5:2 before but found the fast days a struggle, I think the 16:8 will fit in with family and work etc better.

I've made a few fairly expensive but frugal purchases. I have some black Clarks knee high boots, with a small wedge which I love, they look good with skirts or trousers and are so comfortable that I have traipsed around London in them for days! I bought them half price in a sale and have been trying to get another pair for when these finally give up the ghost. Until now every pair I have seen either on Eb*y or in Clarks factory shops have been too small or too big, this weekend I found a brand new pair in my size on Eb*y, again half price, I am so happy and can't wait for them to arrive. So a fairly expensive purchase but half the rrp and I know I will get loads of use from them. I also found a pair of capri trousers, identical to a black pair I have that I wear at least twice a week, but this time in plum and they were only £4! I think the colour will be a nice change and I know the style really suits me. I have stocked up on my favourite serum for 1/4 of the rrp so happy with that too. Again I am trying to buy items that really suit me, are good quality but without spending a fortune. I think I will start the crazy clothes challenge again next year, I have a pretty good wardrobe now, I am happy with my look so will just need to replace items that are worn out, so hopefully £250 will do me for the year.

Anyway must fly, have a good day.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 24th Oct 17, 11:32 AM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Well we had our chilli last night, very nice it was too. I am back in charge of most of the cooking now so we had about half of the serving each that DH would have given us. There are three more tubs of chilli in the freezer and four of bolognaise sauce, all made from the reduced burgers we had in the freezer, waiting for a bbq!

Not sure what is on the menu tonight, needs to be fairly quick as I have to pack for a business trip at the end of the week, I may do a fish curry (smoked mackeral in a satay type sauce).

We have rediscovered frozen veg and the wide variety that is now available. It makes preparing meals so much easier to have ready prepared vegetables at hand, there's no waste either, plus nutrient wise it is better than having fresh vegetables sat around for days on end before they are eaten. I even had to agree that the frozen mashed potato () is actually quite nice and makes for a super speedy cottage pie!

I weighed myself this morning and in the last week I have lost 4lbs, I'm very happy with that. Finger's crossed I can keep this going and get this weight shifted.

That's about it for today.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 30th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Hope you have been enjoying this fabulous weather.

Got on the scales this morning and I have put 2 lbs back on BUT I was on a business trip for two days at the end of last week and it is 'that time' so I probably have some water retention too. I did quite well sticking to my 16:8 diet, even on the business trip, I avoided the traditional cooked breakfast and just had a couple of cups of tea, went for a walk before dinner and watched what I ate for lunch. My downfall was that they had my favourite cocktails on the menu!!

I am really liking this way of watching what I eat, I thought I would feel lathargic in the mornings as I have always had a good breakfast, but if anything I feel more awake and mornings feel like less of a rush.

DS has returned to Uni so over the weekend we used up some bits from the freezer. Saturday we had a curry and Sunday I did roast gammon with parsley sauce, yummy! Tonight is fajitas, again using chicken etc from the freezer.

We've been tackling the garden whilst the weather is so good, lawns given final cut, gazebo and hot tub packed away, just need to do a bit of weedkilling and we should be good for the winter. Whilst DH was busy sorting the garage out on Sunday, I took the dog for a lovely walk over the hills, bright sunshine, if a little nippy, we both thoroughly enjoyed it though. DH has painted the walls our dark, dingy garage, just basic white emulsion but it has made it brighter as they reflect the light and it is an altogether more pleasant environment and you can now see where everything is.

Must go and do some work now, have a great afternoon.

321 xxx
    Last edited by 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog; 31-10-2017 at 2:30 PM.
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 31st Oct 17, 2:26 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Happy Halloween!

Bright but cold here today, still not got the heating on in the mornings though and only turning it on in the evenings when needed.

Had our yummy fajitas last night and using up the roast gammon in a crustless quiche for dinner tonight, will save some for DD for when she comes in from Trick or Treating. DH and I are eating at work tomorrow night so DD can either have more quiche or something from the freezer/cupboards. Might do a cottage pie Thursday night with ingredients from the freezer and Friday might be an 'eating the orts' night as my Nan would say, ie using up bits n bobs and leftovers.

Tight month this month, only just been paid and counting the pennies already, but I have bought several Xmas pressies, including my parents. I have got £100+ to come through from Topcashbuck and also about £250 in expenses due so will be ok. It is just us for Xmas so wont need to go to mad for that, already have loads of Xmas booze, will just need some beers and ciders for the lads.

Looking forward to a nice pampering bath tonight and I am cold and achey. I'll leave DH to cope with the Trick or Treaters!! We actually had some T or T'ers on Sunday evening, I was quick to point out that it wasn't Halloween!!

We have a fairly new Lid1s in town and I have been keeping an eye on their weekend deals, over the last few weeks we have stocked up on wine, Crunchy Cheddar, Emmental, Laundry liquid and fabric conditioner to name a few things, all at less than half price. My 'price point' for things like laundry and dishwasher products is 10p per wash, hubby used to think I was mad stocking up when quality items were below this cost but even he sees the sense in it now; the items dont go off and get used eventually and it saves a fair amount of money over a year!

Have a terrifying evening everyone.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 7th Nov 17, 2:14 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Hope you all had a lovely Bonfire weekend. Ours was very relaxed. We didn't go to the local Fireworks display as it was raining heavily and hailing too at one point.

Very frugal food shop this weekend, needed very little as cupboards/freezer amply stocked still. Has DS1 and his gf round for dinner on Saturday, made chicken chasseur with roast potatoes and vegetables. Had some icecream for dessert and DS asked for chocolate sauce, I had none so microwaved some chocolate spread and poured that over the icecream, he was well impressed! I also made him some of my Rocky Road to take home as he mentioned that I hadn't made it for ages, luckily had all of the ingredients in stock. Sunday DH treated us to a cooked breakfast at 'Spoons', I was so full I didn't eat for the rest of the day and DH and DD just had hotdogs for their dinner!

Last night was Mexican Monday and DD made tacos, tonight is a quick pie and mash as we have our haircuts booked (at a friends £18 for the two of us) just Frey Bantos pies bought when they are £1 each. I am looking forward to a nice soak in the bath after our hair appointment and a bit of pampering time using up some more of my toiletries. My weightloss has plataeued which is very frustrating but I am keeping on with the 16:8 as I am feeling better through doing it and my stomach is definitely smaller and less bloated even if the scales aren't shifting.

I was going to say its a busy week this week, but every week seems busy at the moment and time is just flying past. I am on my course on Friday so that will be another long day and I will try and fit in a bit of retail therapy afterwards, hopefully buy a few bits for Christmas.

Have a lovely day

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 15th Nov 17, 11:53 AM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Pretty chilly here today and a nasty sickness bug doing the rounds which I am doing my best to avoid!

Did some Christmas shopping at the weekend, I think I am actually pretty organised this year. I will need to find the wrapping paper and cards which I think a buried in the deep, dark recesses of the loft (bearing in mind we moved in January, they could be anywhere!). DD is struggling to find and afford presents for all of her friends etc so I had a sort through my present stash and found her quite a few items that I can't think of recipients for now and were suitable for her to gift, she was very happy with the selection.

I bought myself a few bargains in the asd@ sale, I managed to get 3 dresses for £4 each, all a size smaller than I have previously bought, plus a nice long line pack-a-mac, something I have been looking for for a while but refused to pay silly money for, this one was only £8. I have also bought a pair of Clarks shoes from Ebay, identical to the ones I wear almost daily for work, smart and so, so comfortable, they only cost me £20.

Hit bargain time in Mossies last night, fresh noodles and stirfry sauce only 10p a pack, various pies etc £1 each, individually wrapped cakes for lunch boxes 35p a pack, bakery foccacias 25p and potato cakes 15p, only went in for a lettuce! Obviously most of these bargains have gone straight in the freezer.

We are continuing to semi meal plan which means that whoever is home first can get on and cook dinner, DD has cooked the last couple of nights, stuffed chick breasts on Monday and tacos on Tuesday. Tonight DH and I are out for a work related function so DD will just have some pasta.

Had a lovely surprise when I checked my Exper!an account today, I now have a perfect credit rating (999), I'm so pleased as I was devastated when I found out it was 'Poor' a few months back.

Anyway must fly, absolutely crazy at work at the mo, and no staff again!

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 16th Nov 17, 2:27 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog

Hi All

Crazy day today so just a flying visit.

Lost another 2 lbs so am now down half a stone in a month which I am very happy with as I am finding the 16:8 fits in well with family life. Would ideally like to lose another 1.5/2 stone but will see how it goes.

Having our noodles and stirfry tonight and probably a pie on Friday. I am out for a celebration on Friday night so will need something good to line my stomach! Will go grocery shopping on Saturday but will be taking a list and just getting milk, potatoes etc. I am going to write a meal plan for the next week using up the stocks we have to a) save some money and b) make some space for some lovely Christmas treats. Will post the plan on here so that I am committed to it.

Likewise, this weekend I need to write a list of Christmas presents we still need to get as DH and I are off to London soon so could do some shopping then.

Been another stressful old week but a client gave me some roses this week as a thank you which gave me a little boost!

Must go now, enjoy the rest of your day

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 17th Nov 17, 12:05 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

So we had the noodles and stirfry last night, only the sauce that I thought I had bought, Sweet n Sour, turned out to be Chilli and Ginger and a tad hot for our tastes!! I've put a stew in the slow cooker this morning as there was some beef to use up in the fridge and I threw in some soft potatoes, carrots, onions etc to use them up, DH can make some dumpligs when he gets home.

I did manage to meal plan last night, have the next week covered and all from our stores at home, just need some milk, eggs and DH will make some bread. This is the plan;

Fri - Beef Stew
    Sat - Brunch - eggs, bacon and potato cakes
    Evening - pizzas
    Sun - Lunch - Crusty bread and 'special' cheeses
    Evening - Gammon joint, parsley sauce and veg
    Mon - Chilli
    Tues - Beef and Ale pie
    Wed - Fish Pie
    Thurs - Pasta

I'll also make a crustless quiche with the left over gammon which DH and DD can then take in their packed lunches. We will probably have enough food still left in the stores to do the following week too, but I will sort that out later in the week. Get paid in just over a week and this month has been a real struggle for some reason. I don't suppose next month will be much easier with Xmas and a trip to London!!

I'm going out tonight, but not intending to drink much, just a few gins and have a fairly early night, I don't see the point in getting so drunk that I waste a whole day (or more) of the weekend. Some of my friends are really heavy drinking, party girls but it's just not me. Plus, its not exactly MSE is it and I am trying to lose more weight!!!

Anyway must go, have a great weekend

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 24th Nov 17, 10:40 AM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Blimey another week gone by! It's not been a great one, had a migraine start on Monday so took Tuesday and Wednesday off, felt rough yesterday but it seems to have finally gome today!

Money wise its been quite good, we stuck to the food plan, except for Wednesday, I was feeling poorly so DH and DD just had some tins of soup and french stick for dinner, that means we still have the fish pie ingredients in the freezer! I will food plan for the coming week but DH and I are away for three days so DS1, g/f and DD will be left to thier own devices!! I did make the quiche for DD and DH's pack lunches and there is enough pasta bake leftover from last night to feed us all again tonight!

I need some new skinny jeans/jeggings as the elastic has gone in mine, I did order some from N*xt but the were £25 a pair. Then a leaflet for T0FS came through the door, jeggngs for £5 a pair!! Popped down to our local store and got 2 pairs of black and 2 pairs of dark denim for myself and a pair for DD, I didn't realise that if you spent £25 on ladies wear you got £5 off, so 5 pairs of jeggings for £20, hows that for MSE !! Plus they didn't have a 14 (my new size down from a 16) so I tried a 12 and they fit! A little more muffin than I would like but as I have lost another 2lb this week I'm am working on reducing that!! Obviously the Next jeggings are winging their way back to the warehouse!!

Payday today so have made all of my payments, hopefully will stick to budget this month, not too many presents to buy and off to the smoke with DH next week but doing that on a bit of a budget so should be ok, Hotel and Train already paid for.

Must fly but I'll check in next week with my meal plan etc.

Have a great weekend

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 5th Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Had a lovely week off last week, a few days in the city and a few days just pottering at home. Spent time with DS1's gf who is expecting in April so that was nice.

Didn't overspend on our days out, just enjoyed the atmosphere and did some window shopping and looking at the Christmas markets. We bought a few little stocking fillers but nothing major. I was pleased to get the L!dls Rhubarb and Ginger Gin as we can never get it around us and at £11.99 it is a good £7 cheaper to the brand named one.

DD has a shopping trip with school this week and needs some spending money, she has been washing cars and doing jobs about the house but I suddenly realised I have no spare money to pay her! I decided to see what was in my savings jars, I had over £100 in the £2 coin jar and my £1 per toiletry jar had £31 (admittedly I sometimes forget to put one in here), I'm quite impressed as I emptied them in April for DH's birthday trip. I don't feel bad using the money as the £2 was always intended for treats (and her shopping trip and my trip to the city with DH were certainly treats!) and the toiletry money won't be needed for quite a while as DH has bought me the L'0ccitane advent calendar again and I think I have the M&S one for christmas too! Plus will probably get some random smellies along the way too!

My weightloss is going ok, didn't go mad food wise in the city but did have several mulled wines etc to stave off the cold! A couple of pounds back on but its 'that time' too and I usually carry a bit extra water.

Food wise, we had a 'fake away' on Saturday night with the kids, Indian meal for 2 (x3!) from L!dls, only £3.09 a bag and nicer than the Mossies ones that are twice the price. I know I could have cooked but it is our weekend treat and still far cheaper than ordering a take away. Sunday we had egg and bacon muffins for lunch and then pulled pork and cheese on jacket potatoes for dinner. Last night was a gammon joint, boiled potatoes, beans and parsley sauce, all from stocks and I made a quiche for pack lunches from the leftovers. I might do a sweet and sour tonight, again from stocks and tomorrow night DH and I are out for work so DD will be left to her own devices. I need to sit down and work out a proper meal plan from then onwards.

I'm really pleased with my bargain jeggings that I bought a week or so ago. I wore them to the city and felt really smart and comfortable in them, I've now washed them and they washed well and no colour came out of them, even the black ones!

I have booked my timeslot for my Christmas grocery delivery, Sainsbobs this year as both of the other 'big' supermarkets were booked up already. I can't stand fighting my way through the crowds to grab some manky brussels sprouts, far rather get it delivered, plus it saves me time when I'm working full time. Don't need much in the way of booze, been buying that as and when we se good deals, so just the Christmas dinner, cake and some nice bits and bobs to nibble on.

Anyway must go, will check in again soon, have a nice afternoon

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
    • 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    • By 3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog 11th Dec 17, 11:49 AM
    • 525 Posts
    • 1,664 Thanks
    3 kids 2 jobs 1 dog
    Hi All

Hope you all had a good weekend and managed to stay safe and warm. We actually had some snow yesterday (unusual as we are a seaside town), it was coming down heavily in really large flakes but unfortunately didnt settle as we had previously had heavy rain and everything was too wet.

DD had a lovely time on her shopping trip but didn't actually buy anything so I got given some of the cash back!

We still haven't done a proper meal plan but Thursday was stew from the freezer (DD was out so just me and DH), Friday we had a take away pizza as DS1 and gf had had a bit of a scare with the baby but got the all clear on Friday, none of us had slept much so were tirerd and decided we needed a little celebration! Saturday I was out so DH and DD had a fake away curry. Yesterday we had a steak pie and veg from the freezer and some yummy roast potatoes, I also found some part baked cookies in the freezer so we had those too. Tonight DD is making spagetti bolognaise and there is an olive fioccacia in the freezer to have with it. I think its chilli tacos tomorrow night and then a fish pie on Wednesday.

DH and I need to defrost the second freezer before filling it with yummy goodies for Christmas, might try and do that tonight!!

I am so short of money at the moment and don't really understand why. I have decided to re-start my spending diary as of December payday, and also instigate the £260 Crazy Clothes Challenge budget (£5 per week) which I have done before. I'm going to keep going with the £2 coin and £1 per toiletry savings pots. I really need to sit down and look at how I budget my money as things like groceries I know I have been spending too much lately, partly down to DH shopping with me, I think I will have to try and shop alone and to a list in future.

Anyway must fly, take care all

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    NATWEST £5950 £1450
    HSCB CC £500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,407Posts Today

8,243Users online

Martin's Twitter