Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    janb5
    Charging rent for 21 year old
    • 19th Oct 06, 10:40 AM
    Charging rent for 21 year old 19th Oct 06 at 10:40 AM
    Hi,

I`ve tried to do a search but havent found what I want. About 6 weeks ago someone suggested a reasonable amount to charge for board and keep for my 21 year old son. He works as a chef and clears approx just over £900 pcm
    He currently pays me £130 which I would like to review. I should add I am on my own with him and his younger brother(16) and do not receive maintenance. Which is a fair rent- 15% or higher ? I am also aware he is constantly overdrawn which I have talked to him about but he denies...........

Insert By Martin on 25 October

From now on, each week in the Money Tips email, we'll be asking a money moral question. This specific thread is the one that inspired me to do it - so it's only right that it be first. However let's broaden the question from a 21 year old to "what's fair rent for working children living at home?"

Last edited by MSE Martin; 25-10-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,691Posts Today

9,400Users online

Martin's Twitter