Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

What happens if i declare my car as sorn?
    • 15th Nov 10, 12:58 PM
    What happens if i declare my car as sorn? 15th Nov 10 at 12:58 PM
    Hi, can anyone advise me please....

My car is due its MOT in early Dec, the mot place warned me last year that this year my car is proberly going to cost me around 350 + to get it through the mot.

Now i know i should of been planning for this but i haven't and now i pretty sure im not going to beable to afford to get its MOT,car TAX is also due at the end of jan, which i also can't afford at the moment

my question is if i declare my car SORN and dont use the car ( i have a private driveway) for a few months while i get myself back on my feet, can i then, when i have some cash in a few months time get the mot and tax? is it has simple as that? I Forgot to add that i quite like the idea of having the mot in feb/march instead of just before christmas which as always been a worry

any ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by misskaytee; 15-11-2010 at 1:02 PM. Reason: forgot to add....
    Everyday im shufflin' Proud Padder ~ All Hail The Power of Pad
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,682Posts Today

8,860Users online

Martin's Twitter